1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL LISA BISHOP: Disappeared on ship travelling from Miami to Haiti - 17 Dec 1989 - Age 23

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by Scorpio, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

The disappearance of Lisa Bishop sounds very similar to the disappearance of Angela Westberry. Angela was last seen leaving a marina in Jacksonville, Florida on December 1, 1984, four years before Lisa. The group was traveling to the Bahamas on a yacht. The yacht was last seen by U. S. Customs in the Grand Cayman Islands on December 14, 1984, thirteen days after Angela was last seen. It is not known if she was on board the yacht at that time. The yacht has never been seen again. Angela Westberry has disappeared as well.

I am concerned that these women may have been trafficking victims.

[​IMG]
    Angela Westberry

[​IMG]
    Lisa Bishop

spike and Scorpio like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I came across an unconfirmed rumor that Freedon was repainted and renamed Freeliaint.

spike and Scorpio like this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/The_Crew_of_the_Freedon

[​IMG]

The Crew of the Freedon

Nicknames: No Known Nicknames
    Date: December 1988

Date of Birth: 1965
    Height: 5' 4"
    Weight: 105
    Marital Status: Single
    Characteristics: Blond hair, green eyes

Details: Lisa Bishop was a pretty young journalism student who vanished on a freighter called the Freedon with its captain, Florian Meyer-Bourch, and a crew of seven Haitians. Lisa was planning on writing a story about the World Bank and the economic contrasts between the United States and Haiti. Lisa met Meyer-Bourch at the Metroplex club in Atlanta, Georgia, which was owned by her boyfriend Paul Cornwell. Lisa worked there as the manager of the bar. Meyer-Bourch told Lisa about the trip around the Caribbean to Haiti and asked her if she wanted to go; she accepted. The ship set sail from Miami at around 2:30 pm on December 17, 1988, but it never arrived in Haiti. When Paul did not receive a call from Lisa on Christmas, and the Bishops did not hear from Lisa either, they became concerned, and they, along with the family members of the other crew members, contacted the United States Coast Guard. They searched for the freighter, but no trace of it was found. However, in April of 1989, an underwater salvager named Bob Nyberg recognized the Freedon in Georgtown Harbor on Grand Cayman Island, over 500 miles from Haiti and two weeks after it was reported missing. It is unknown where the ship went after Bob's sighting, but it gave the Bishops hope that Lisa was still alive. In May of 1989, Paul Cornwell and Bob Nyberg went to Grand Cayman and found that Florian Meyer-Bourch was reported to be seen alive around the time of Nyberg's sighting, and was in the company of an unidentified man. When Paul returned to Miami, he learned from a woman that the man seen with Meyer-Bourch could be a man named Phillippe from Haiti, who had chartered the Freedon. There was no trace of Lisa ever found.

Before Bob and Paul could investigate further, Meyer-Bourch was gone again. There has been heavy speculation that Meyer-Bourch and possibly Phillippe could be involved in smuggling; Meyer-Bourch is still wanted for questioning in Lisa's whereabouts. The Bishops still hope that they will one day find their daughter and find out what happened to her. The whereabouts of Florian Meyer-Bourch is unknown.

Suspects: Florian Meyer Bourch

Kimster and spike like this.
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Lisa Bishop & ''The Freedon'' is discussed on the 9:30 mark.

Kimster, Akoya and spike like this.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]
    lisabishop.jpg
    Lisa with her boyfriend.

Kimster, Akoya and spike like this.
  6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

thefreedon.jpg thefreedon12.jpg
    The only known photos of ''The Freedon''

Akoya and spike like this.
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Lisa Bishop has been missing for 29 years today.

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...vb91/lisa_bishop_florian_meyerbourch_and_the/

NEW INFORMATION:

I have been in contact with Lisa Bishop's boyfriend, Paul Cornwell. He very helpfully cleared some points of interest up for me:

• Florian Meyer-Bourch's real name was Florian Meyer-Borchert. He was originally from Hamburg. Paul was able to establish contact with his parents subsequent to his disappearance. Neither they nor any of Florian's acquaintances have heard from him since 1988. This lends further credence to the theory that the ship sank.

• The woman with whom Florian stored his possessions was merely an acquaintance. Or, perhaps, an occasional fling. The question of Phillipe's involvement with smuggling was mostly conjecture and supposition on her behalf. But there were sources in Haiti who also hinted at the link.

• Fascinatingly, the most recent sighting of the FREEDON came in as recently as 3/4 years ago, from a member of the Navy.

• The Haitian woman in whose name the boat was registered was living in Miami, and is now deceased. Paul also spoke to the families of the Haitian crew members. They, too, have never been accounted for.

• Paul also searched in vain for a white boat said to be used by the mysterious Phillipe to travel between the islands.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/the-mysteries-disappearance-of-lisa-bishop/

I don't know if there is anyway to confirm this comment. However, very interesting information

[​IMG]
    Rosalie Townsend
    October 17th, 2016 at 11:11

A lady I met in Bangkok, 3/1991, deceased in 2008, was also involved when the Freedon was docked in Perth.
    She jumped ship as it pulled out, this was approx. Feb. 1991. I met her in Bangkok and she went on to Singapore. Ship was carrying weapons and coast guard held ship from leaving Perth for several days. She later told me that the ship was found in the pacific just west of San Francisco, Phillipe jumped ship but coast guard got him and case was to go to trial in San Francisco. Phillipe had charmed her and was at one time staying in her home for a short time in Taos, N.M. By this time

I’m sure everything about the case is documented and updated. Last I heard from Helen was around 2005. I’m surprised the family of missing girl doesn’t have all this information. I reported all to Unsolved Mysteries shortly after arriving back in Ca. late March 1991.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

lisa bishop 2.png

Paradise and spike like this.
  11. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

lisa bishop.png

Paradise and spike like this.