1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

AZ LITTLE MISS NOBODY: WF, 6-7, found in Yavapai County, AZ - July 1960 *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by paul1980, May 17, 2015.

1. paul1980

paul1980 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

3. paul1980

paul1980 Member

Thank you. I've done some other work on Wikipedia for little girl crime victims, most of whom have slipped down the public memory hole as years and decades have passed. I only do it cause I care. Its' gotten me accused of having an obsession with dead girls.

KareBear, Mel70, spike and 4 others like this.
  4. paul1980

paul1980 Member

The passage of time is one factor. Also, the fact that no one ever came forward to claim or identify LMN even though the case was splashed across local radio and TV so the family could have hardly missed it if they were local to the area. Something tells me that they did not want to be found.

5. Kimster

Yes, I have a feeling the one(s) responsible saw the news and didn't want to be arrested. :( But over the years, I would think they said something to somebody. If that somebody is reading here right this minute, please please be brave and call law enforcement and give them your tip! Large or small, any tip can make a huge difference!!!

6. paul1980

paul1980 Member

I think it was probably family or some other adult known to LMN that killed her. That's why she was found with clothes on and there was no sexual assault.

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

How sad. Really does sound like something happened at her home. Otherwise there would be a missing persons report of some kind filed.

The wiki said there was a pocketknife found at the scene. Was that related to LMN? Was it tested for fingerprints? Still in evidence? Could fingerprints be run today, now that there's a much more extensive database?

8. paul1980

paul1980 Member

I don't know. There wasn't the care taken with records in 1960 that there is now. I hope that they didn't junk too much. There was no DNA in 1960 but a photograph and fingerprints were possible options.

9. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

I read an article that said that her little body was also burnt - very sad!
    https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=BhxPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ZE8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6557,190483

What makes me wonder about this case is the reason for the dying of the child's hair?
    I wondered if it was a permanent dye, or a rinse type dye - chemical or henna.
    Was it to disguise the child from being recognized?
    Or to dress up the child for devious purpose by the perpetrator?
    (Possibly both, along with other reasons)

Were any other remains found in the area over the years since that have been suspected to be linked to this little girl?
    Was there an investigation to see if she had been a missing baby/child from the years prior?

Was the thought by Police at the time; that LMN had been buried where she was found, or had been washed down in the creek to where she was found?
    I am wondering what the weather was like prior to her exposure in the creek bed.

Below: A cropped screen capture of the flip flops that had been chipped down to fit her feet.
    Source: https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=BhxPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ZE8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6557,190483

Little Miss Nobody shoes crop screencapture found news article google.jpg

Thank-you for highlighting her case -
    Its hard to call her LMN - I wish she had been called 'Little Miss Somebody', because she was a somebody, she has a name, and she was somebody's daughter, and somebody knows what happened to her.

KareBear, Whatsnext, MadgeS and 7 others like this.
  10. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

spike, Takeitfromme and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

I agree Mulder! She is somebody to us!

12. paul1980

paul1980 Member

it's been nearly sixty years. Unless her killer was very young, it's likely that he's beyond Earthly justice now. If she was burnt, they wouldn't have been able to tell that she had dyed head hair and painted nails, surely?

13. Kimster

My theory is that the precious little one had been abducted at a younger age. Because her case is a high profile UID case, I imagine everyone has looked into any young girls who have gone missing prior to LMN being found deceased. So, did her family report her missing and it turned into a cold case that wasn't reopened later? Maybe her parents went missing and the fact they had a baby wasn't reported?

14. paul1980

paul1980 Member

LMN was a massive event on KYCA-AM radio and local TV. There's no way her family could have missed it. Unless they had a reason for not wanting to be found?

15. paul1980

paul1980 Member

It might be worth contacting KYCA-AM and see if they kept anything relating to their LMN coverage and campaign. It might also be worth contacting the family of Dave Palladin, the KYCA-AM announcer who spearheaded the LMN coverage/campaign to see if there is anything of LMN interest in his papers.

16. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

I'm thinking along the same lines Kimster - maybe a mother had taken her daughter and run from something or someone - only both to be murdered.
    Was there ever a facial picture done of Little Miss Nobody?

Its worth following up, I agree.
    Its getting close to the point where there maybe no people to remember the events - but possibly children who lived in the area at that time would remember.
    If the case had some publicity through the radio archives on the story it might help.
    Wonder if there's an eager investigative journalist around looking to put some work in on this case.

KareBear, spike, Takeitfromme and 2 others like this.
  17. Kimster

I've never seen a facial reconstruction of her, no.

spike, Takeitfromme and MULDER like this.
  18. paul1980

paul1980 Member

There's a lot of conflicting information about LMN.

19. Kimster

Do you have examples handy?

20. paul1980

paul1980 Member

One report says that LMN was burnt but another says they were able to tell that her head hair was tinted/colored and that she had painted finger and toenails. Another report says that LMN was severely decomposed and that they couldn't make a visual identification, but NamUs says that her face was recognisable.

KareBear, spike, Takeitfromme and 3 others like this.