1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

AZ LITTLE MISS NOBODY: WF, 6-7, found in Yavapai County, AZ - July 1960 *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by paul1980, May 17, 2015.

1. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Thanks, I felt it would give a better idea of how remote the area was even tho it's just off the highway (US 93) with quite a bit of traffic going between I-40 and Phoenix.
    At the time she was buried there I-40 had not been constructed (to the north) and US Route 66 would have been the main highway going East/West.
    Hwy 93 looks pretty much the same except in some areas it has been expanded to 4-lanes.

There were a couple of other washes out there (I didn't include phtos), but they were smaller and the dirt wasn't soft and sandy .
    That is my reasoning for believing the big wash (only 1/2 mile off 93 rather than a mile) is where she was. It would be easy to dig a hole
    and place someone in it.
    I could be wrong and she could have been placed in the smaller wash that was 1 mile back. But IMHO, if I was in a hurry and needed to
    dispose of a body I'd choose the bigger wash.

When I was out there a theory came to me as to why that place. I'll try to get back on later today and post it.

BTW, the mileage from where I am near Phoenix to the wash was about 120 miles .

KareBear, Whatsnext, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Sometimes I wonder if anyone even knew she existed. She may have been kept in secret during the duration of her short life. :tears:

KareBear, Whatsnext, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  3. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

These are your pics @patsella from page one - just bringing them here....

1. LMN was located near the yellow pin in lower left corner. Prescott is in upper right corner. Congress is the
    2nd yellow pin to the right of LMN location. It is mentioned in the news article..
    HWY 93 is the main highway going from Phoenix to Las Vegas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    2. This map shows the area where the little girl was found. The yellow pin is the general area of where
    her body was located.
    Note to the right is Hwy 93, going between Phoenix and Las Vegas.

Hope this is helpful in getting a better visual of the area.[/QUOTE]

KareBear, Whatsnext, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  4. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

This little girl was found 57 years ago. She still remains unidentified.

I hope this is the year she gets her name back.

5. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Good point Kimster.

KareBear, Whatsnext, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  6. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Apologies for replying to my own post, but wanted to use it as reference.

OK, going back to when I went out there last Spring, I spent some time just sitting and thinking about the case and how she may have ended up there since it is
    remote and at that time even more so.

As they were traveling between Phoenix and US 66 maybe she was crying or upset so they stopped the car.
    She is beaten, it goes too far and she dies. The kidnappers/parents?? need to do something with her now that she is deceased. So, they start looking for a quick place to bury her and
    come across a dirt road that looks pretty deserted. They see the wash and the soft sand, and bury her there thinking she'll never be found.
    Big rain storm comes along and brings her back to the surface.

That is my theory of how she could have ended up in such a remote area. I just don't think she was killed and then transported hundreds of miles because there are a lot
    of places just like that in the desert. I think she was alive and something happened along the way. They couldn't take a chance on getting stopped by police and having a body in the car.

Anyway, it may seem far fetched, but that idea came to me as I was out there where she was found back in July 1960.

7. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

KareBear, Whatsnext, Sunburst and 3 others like this.
  8. Kimster

KareBear, Akoya, spike and 1 other person like this.
  9. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I'm attaching a copy of her death certificate. COD is "undetermined".
    I never knew if they knew the cause of her death other than at the hands of another.

Attached Files:

Whatsnext, Akoya and spike like this.
  10. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I was looking at the RCMP site today and this little girl disappeared Sept. 9, 1958 from British Columbia, Canada. In 1960, she would have been aged around 4-5, a little younger than the Yavapai coroner's age estimate of LMN. That "full and perfect set of baby teeth" bothers me tremendously.

Cindy-Lou McLane https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014002222&id=4

brown eyes, brown hair. At the time of her disappearance, her height was 2 feet, 6 inches. Her weight is obviously listed wrong-it is listed at 66 kg/ 146 lbs. When last seen, she was wearing a blue sweater, white blouse, blue corduroy pants, and white and red saddle oxfords. She was playing outside her home when she disappeared.
    [​IMG]
    Over 2000 local people joined in the search for Cindy-Lou. Investigators and Cindy-Lou's family believe there is a very strong possibility that she was abducted from the area around her home in Willow River, BC because there was a very tight timeline between when she disappeared and when the search for her began. (BBM) Waterways, rail lines, roads, and other areas were searched beyond lengths where Cindy-Lou could have reasonably gotten.

Cindy's shoes were probably similar to these: a wildly popular style referred to as saddle shoes.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    KareBear, Whatsnext, patsella and 4 others like this.
  11. Kimster

What a great find! And I Remember Loving saddle shoes when I was a little girl.

Whatsnext, patsella, Sunburst and 3 others like this.
  12. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Hopefully we'll get a recon for LMN one day

Whatsnext, patsella, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  13. Kimster

And your hopes have materialized!

yavapai-az-jane-doe.jpg

During ongoing case research in recent years, it was determined necessary to exhume the remains to allow further testing in light of new forensic technologies. Thus, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office cold case investigators contacted the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) who funded her exhumation.

Then, in conjunction with the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification, a facial reconstruction was developed and a DNA profile generated. Forensic artists at NCMEC created the new facial reconstruction to show how she may have looked alive.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/04/05/...o-identify-childs-remains-found-57-years-ago/

KareBear, Whatsnext, patsella and 5 others like this.
  14. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I'm so glad to see a decent recon of LMN. Thank you for posting Kimster.

Whatsnext, Sunburst, Advocate and 3 others like this.
  15. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

16. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

THANK YOU "Paul" for taking such INTEREST AND DEDICATION TO THIS CASE! This is One of those Cases that to Me has seemed MORE TRAGIC AND HEARTBREAKING. The Fact that it's a Child, Someone CUT Down the "Flip-Flops". And what I ALWAYS THINK! THIS IS NOT AN ADULT! That Unfortunately has faded away into the background of Life, And SELDOM SEEN. HIDDEN AWAY. BUT IT'S A CHILD, HOW CAN A CHILD NOT BE NOTICED THAT THEY AREN'T AROUND ANYMORE! IT'S NOT AN "Infant" that can POSSIBLY BE EXPLAINED AWAY AS A SUDDEN CRIB DEATH OR ACCIDENT, To a Curious Neighbor. BUT FAMILY? HELLO? POLICE?! I WANT TO REPORT MY "Niece" MISSING. I DON'T THINK THIS WAS A "Stranger" committed. SADLY, I think it was Someone who was SUPPOSE TO CARE FOR THE CHILD. AND THEY COMMITTED THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL OF THAT ROLE. AND THEY WILL PAY!

17. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I know. People have said the kind of CRAP to Me because I've been interested in "True Crime". But if We were to have any Type of "Degree" relatable to Psycology, Then No one would say anything. And well, No one would have a "Degree" in it, If they weren't interested in it to begin with. Sooo... PHHFFTTT!!! TO THEM!

18. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

It seems odd Her Hair would be "Dyed" at Her Age. That to Me seems like something was going on and they were trying to hide Her identity to begin with. And the cropped flip flops, Would suggest to Me a "Stranger Abduction" But I still don't think it was. I think it was Parental. Or at least Person who was in the Role of Guardianship. Which they failed miserably. Someone She trusted. And perpetrated the Ultimate Betrayal.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Sunburst, Whatsnext and KareBear like this.
  19. Jem

Jem Member

It's sad to know this little girl's cause of death is undetermined.

20. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I think the Mother is responsible. Being She was Estimated to be around age 7, According to "Autopsy Report". She would have been born around 1953. And say the Mother was 16 Yrs old when she had her. That would put Mothers "Year of Birth" to be 1937. And She probably wasn't THAT young. So she would be at least 82 Yrs old this year. I doubt she is still alive.

Sunburst and Kimster like this.