1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NSW LOIS ROBERTS: Murdered in New South Wales - 1998

Discussion in 'Australia: Cold Cases' started by Kimster, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Lois Martha Roberts (c. 1960 – c. July 1998) was an Australian murder victim, whose death in 1998 remains unsolved.

Roberts was the daughter of Pastor Frank Roberts, a minister with the Church of Christ and an Aboriginal activist, and Muriel Roberts.[1] She was the twin sister of the arts administrator and broadcaster Rhoda Roberts, and the sister of Philip and Mark. Brought up and educated in the Lismore region in northern New South Wales, Roberts trained as a hairdresser until, at age 20, she was seriously injured in a car accident sustaining permanent brain damage. She was rehabilitated sufficiently to care for herself and went to live on her own near Lismore. Subsequently she had two children who were raised by her mother and twin sister.

Roberts was last seen outside Nimbin Police Station on 31 July 1998. It would appear that she was abducted whilst hitch-hiking between Nimbin and Lismore and then tortured and abused before being killed. Her badly mutilated body was found about six months after her disappearance in January 1999. A bushwalker found the remains in Whian Whian State Forest, near Dunoon, deep in thick bush some way off a fire trail.[2]

The perpetrator or perpetrators of the crime have never been identified. An inquest was held in June 2002. The senior stipendiary magistrate of the Lismore Court Circuit, Jeff Linden, sitting as a coroner returned an open finding after a two-week hearing.
    Lois_Roberts_file_pic_t620.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Roberts

spike likes this.
  2. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

It always feels sadder to me when they leave a twin behind :(
    I thought Milat when i first read this, but Lismore is about 10 hours away from Belanglo State Forest and the timing is out by a couple of years.

spike and Kimster like this.
  3. Kimster

Something about her smile captivated me.

Have you heard of this case before, @MissyMoo?

spike and MissyMoo like this.
  4. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

5. Kimster

spike and MissyMoo like this.
  6. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Morning @Kimster yes her smile was lovely.
    I remember because she was a twin (dunno why that always sticks with me - Im not a twinnie) it just seems to add another layer of sadness.

spike and Kimster like this.