1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

LONG ISLAND SERIAL KILLER (LISK) - Gilgo Killer

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Takeitfromme, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

FCI Allenwood Medium Federal Bureau of Prisons

upload_2017-1-13_11-51-43.jpeg

It looks like a resort.

2. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

Looks like the entrance to Disneyjail. Not that I've been there or anything... :)

Is it true LISK registered his phone to the name Mickey Mouse?

3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

They should throw his a$$ into the general population on Long Island.

4. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I wish. I wouldn't want him murdered or anything though - which would probably end up happening in general pop.

5. spike

spike Bronze Member

Wow! Hadn't thought of that one!!
    Highly possible....IMO.

6. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

My money is on him getting out, collecting a nice bundle and heading south.

Blue G 3, spike, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh please no.

8. misssasska

misssasska Active Member

Ok, so I haven't read through all the replies on this thread yet (apologies) and just watching the 'Dark Minds' doco for the first time.

First question: does anyone know how they found Jessica Taylor's (hope I got the name right) head and arms 40 miles away - what on earth brought them to Gilgo Beach from someone finding the torso?

9. Kimster

Parts of her body were found there. This link describes how they put the two together. It's as morbid as it can be. :(
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/serial-killer/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868

10. misssasska

misssasska Active Member

From what I can see, the actual LISK is still at large .. for what it's worth, I don't think Dr Hackett fits .. why would someone so organised and who only spends 90-180 seconds on a phone call from crowded Manhattan ring Shannon Gilbert's mother, identifying himself, and then deny it in the knowledge that there would be a phone record?

DaisyChains, spike, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  11. Kimster

I think most people have their eyes on Burke, the dirty cop. But who's to say they didn't kill together? Serial killers aren't always working solo.

12. misssasska

misssasska Active Member

From the phone calls that were made, before to the girls contacted on Craigslist, and after to some family members, I would have assumed the killer works solo. Could be wrong though.

The description I read of Burke didn't seem to fit, so I would be surprised if it were him, but maybe it's his police training that has enabled him to be so smart and evasive about it. Having said that .. many police aren't even properly trained on how to protect a crime scene for forensics.

Be interesting to see if anything else happens. I'm sure the police have info they have not released. There was a clip somewhere of a police officer saying they didn't actually release the info about the first four victims found being wrapped in burlap. He didn't dispute it directly but he did imply it was incorrect. Interesting!

13. misssasska

misssasska Active Member

The Shannon Gilbert case on its own is pretty mysterious.

I've just come across a 48 Hrs documentary, it's not the greatest but has an interview with the guy whose house Shannon knocked on the door of, when she went missing. He says he called 911 and told her to sit on a chair, and she just ran off.

That's pretty irrational. But, doesn't explain why she was scared someone was going to kill her and then ended up dead. Was it just a coincidence? Stranger things have happened.

14. Kimster

My personal feeling is that she had a mixture of narcotics in her and was paranoid. It's sad, though, because she could very well have been a crime of opportunity at that point.

15. misssasska

misssasska Active Member

Yes. I feel a similar way - it doesn't match the cases that are known to be LISK because there are known, identified personalities involved with this one. Just seems completely different.

It is sad. I read about what's happened to her mother, as well. With a genuine history of mental illness in the family it makes a serial killing less likely and I can see why police would say they don't know what happened but think it was an accident. It made me sad to read about how bright she was!

DaisyChains, spike, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  16. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Bronze Member

17. Kimster

18. AlwaysSearching

Yes it does!!!

19. AlwaysSearching

20. Kimster