1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

LONG ISLAND SERIAL KILLER (LISK) - Gilgo Killer

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Takeitfromme, Sep 13, 2015.

1. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Bronze Member

Well, this is very interesting.....

Arrest of convicted pimp renews attention to unsolved murder of Scarborough woman
    Akeem Malik Cruz, who went to prison for taking Megan Waterman to New York to prostitute her on the weekend she disappeared, was arrested in Portland this week.

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/11/...tion-to-unsolved-murder-of-scarborough-woman/

Akeem Malik Cruz, 26, who went to federal prison for taking Waterman from Maine to prostitute her in New York, was out on probation when he was arrested early Tuesday morning during a traffic stop on Forest Avenue with a 23-year-old Maine woman in the passenger seat of his car.

Cruz was brought to the Cumberland County Courthouse in Portland on Wednesday on charges of driving with a suspended license and giving police false names. He appeared prepared to plead guilty to the misdemeanors in a plea agreement with a prosecutor and pay fines of $500. But another prosecutor, who is assigned to handle sex trafficking cases, remembered Cruz from the investigation into Waterman’s death.

Deputy District Attorney Megan Elam told Judge E. Mary Kelly that she was rescinding the first plea agreement and offering Cruz six months in jail in exchange for his plea.

“Now that they found out who I am, personal feelings have got involved,” Cruz told the judge. “I’ve served the time for the decisions I made. I’m not the same person anymore.”

Takeitfromme, Akoya, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  2. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

It would be nice if they could solve this case some day. But who knows how many are involved.

JMHO
    fran

Takeitfromme, Akoya, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

When was the first woman murdered? He just seems too young to me for some reason.

Takeitfromme, Akoya and spike like this.
  4. AlwaysSearching

I believe the first body dated back to the late 90's so he would be too young, but I think they are pushing him because they believe he knows who Megan's last client was, but he denies it. If they could find out who her last client was, they would know who LISK is.

5. Kimster

They need to figure out how to offer him something he wants. He'll tell them.

6. AlwaysSearching

I think that's why they mess with him so bad every time he gets in trouble. Trying to get him to talk.

7. Kimster

I wonder if they know of any of his friends or loved ones that are facing a sentence or something that they could give them a deal or something? I saw that on one of the documentaries. Detectives wanted someone to talk to they offered to help someone the perp cared about because they obviously didn't care about themselves.

8. AlwaysSearching

That is a great idea!

9. AlwaysSearching

DaisyChains, Lily, Scorpio and 4 others like this.
  10. Kimster

DaisyChains, Scorpio, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

And the plot thickens....

DaisyChains, Scorpio, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  12. AlwaysSearching

Lily, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  13. Kimster

Akoya, spike and AlwaysSearching like this.
  14. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

DaisyChains, Lily, Scorpio and 4 others like this.
  15. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

16. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ad-younger-daughter-charged-article-1.2723964

Mother of Shannan Gilbert, believed to be Gilgo Beach murder victim, found stabbed to death; other daughter charged in slaying

Updated: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 10:10 AM

he upstate New York mother of one of the sex workers found dead in 2011 on Long Island's Gilgo Beach was stabbed to death by her schizophrenic daughter, an attorney for the family said.

Mari Gilbert, 52, who had led an aggressive effort to solve her daughter's mysterious death, was found killed Saturday morning inside the Ellenville, N.Y. apartment belonging to her younger daughter, Sarra.

<snip>

Ray said that Sarra Gilbert is "an extreme schizophrenic" who heard voices telling her to carry out the bloodshed.

<snip>

[​IMG]

Sarra Gilbert allegedly killed her mother Mari Gilbert on Saturday.
    (ELLENVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT VIA FACEBOOK)

17. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

18. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Oh, no. I remember watching Shannon's episode on ID's ''Disappeared'' Mari was so nice, and the investigators did not consider her daughters case as a homicide.

19. Kimster

This is really sad. Mari had to deal with more than we realized. :vigil:

Paradise, AlwaysSearching and Akoya like this.
  20. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/25/shannan-gilbert-mom-murder/

July 25, 2016 5:30 PM

MINEOLA, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — An attorney says the death of a New York woman won’t end the quest to confirm her suspicions that her daughter was a homicide victim.

Mari Gilbert, 52, was stabbed to death in upstate Ellenville on Saturday, but family attorney John Ray vowed he’ll continue to seek answers in her daughter’s death.

Shannan Gilbert was a prostitute whose 2010 disappearance led to the discovery of 10 sets of human remains along a Long Island beach highway, in a case that became known as the Gilgo Beach murders.

<snip>

Police allege Mari Gilbert was killed by another daughter, 27-year-old Sarra Gilbert, who is facing charges of criminal possession of a weapon and murder in the second degree.

Police Chief Phillip Mattracion said officers found Mari’s body with multiple stab wounds, a knife nearby and Sarra standing in the kitchen with blood on her clothing.

<snip>

“Sarra had been acting in irrational ways and she had actually been hearing voices, and these voices were telling her what to do,” Ray said. “She’s been hospitalized various times over the last year for her psychiatric condition.”

<snip>

Shannon Gilbert’s estate is suing former Suffolk County police surgeon Dr. C. Peter Hacket in connection with her death — he owned a house on Oak Beach.

Mari Gilbert had custody of Sarra Gilbert’s child. He is now with his father.

Lily, Kimster, Paradise and 1 other person like this.