1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

LONG ISLAND SERIAL KILLER (LISK) - Gilgo Killer

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Takeitfromme, Sep 13, 2015.

1. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

Some info in this article I have never came across, most interestingly that Maureen's friend ALSO received a call from a man she believes is the killer back in year 2007 and she said he did not sound like he was from the northeast. she said he pronounced his "s" and "T"'s correctly and was well spoken. More tidbits of info sprinkled around, but here is a quote about that interaction over the phone:

"A friend of Maureen Brainard-Barnes, the first of the victims to disappear, says she got an odd call a few days after the 25-year-old vanished in 2007.

“[The man] said she was at a whorehouse in Queens,” Sara Karnes tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue, on newsstands now. “I told him she would never go for that, because she was independent. He goes, ‘Well, that’s where I saw her.’ And he described her to a T to me.”

Karnes, who passed her information on to the police, says the man she spoke to didn’t have an accent. “He definitely isn’t from New York, Boston or Maine, because those are the strongest places the accent comes out of. But he accentuated his S’s and his T’s. He spoke properly.”

http://people.com/crime/long-island-serial-killer-update-police-fbi-investigation/

I also know that Melissa Barthelemy's boyfriend and pimp received taunting calls (11 if memory served correct) who he believed was the killer. the killer even knew the types of tattoos he has. did the killer know this b/c that info is in some criminal database as vitals? or did the killer simply know Melissa's boyfriend/pimp? or did Melissa tell him about the back tattoos? At any rate the pimp/boyfriend claims the calls were never followed up on when he alerted police. That frustrates me so much!

2. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I think the argument that there may be one killer is: bc the first few bodies were dismembered and then once the dismembered torso of Jessica Taylor was found in Manorville it is possible the killer felt that scattering body parts was more risky ie more crime scenes to be found. So the killer decided that it is easier and less messy to just leave the entire bodies starting around 2005. I believe the asian male found in close proximity to the 4 victims in burlap may have been a test to see how well the area would do for dumping intact bodies. Once he found that after at least a year or 2 the body laid undiscovered he may have decided that area was a great dumping ground for intact remains.

The problem with the above theory is that more prostitutes were found dismembered long after 2005, just not in the long island serial killer's known dumping ground of Oak Beach. Sure they could be unrelated and that's entirely possible.

The argument that it is multiple killers: lies in the fact that there are two different methods of disposal and trauma - dismemberment vs intact remains, strangulation of the 4 girls vs blunt force trauma to the asian crossdresser, the presence of a mother and child victims among prostitutes. Also whoever killed all the other victims besides the 4 in burlap made zero attempt that we know of to call or taunt the victim's families. The asian crossdresser, if Mo Zhang, hailed from Virginia like Jessica Taylor before she went to NY - so there could be an out of state connection with the victims that were killed before the burlap murders.

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

“People Magazine Investigates” is a new true-crime series launching Monday at 9 p.m. on Investigation Discovery, with a simulcast on TLC. And here’s why you might be especially interested: The two-hour, two-part opener focuses on the Long Island serial killer case.

The first hour (“The Lost Girls”) covers the death of Shannan Gilbert — a sex worker who disappeared in Oak Beach early on May 1, 2010; the second hour (“New Revelations”) picks up with the discovery later that year of four sets of human remains off Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach — a number that would eventually swell to ten, along with body parts found that belonged to remains later found in Manorville.
    • I spoke recently with People senior editor and head crime writer Alicia Dennis — who appears on camera in the new series — about those “revelations.” An edited transcript of our conversation:
    Certainly the biggest “revelation” Monday would appear to be the strong implication that James Burke — former Suffolk County police chief, sentenced Wednesday to 46 months in jail for beating a man who stole a duffel bag from his car — may have had something to do with the LI serial killer case. But what exactly is that?

(to find the answer, click here ----->http://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...focus-on-long-island-serial-killer-1.12564679 )

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

Wow. Reading that felt like reading WikiLeaks.
    Coverups.

DaisyChains, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

I don't know enough about this case, as I've mentioned. But a police chief who may be involved is very very frightening.

6. spike

spike Bronze Member

When you read about him...you'll have chill bumps.

DaisyChains, Kimster and Akoya like this.
  7. Kimster

Another Drew Peterson?

DaisyChains, spike and Akoya like this.
  8. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ie-boozer-bully-prosecution-article-1.2853653

[​IMG]

Ex-Suffolk County Police Chief James Burke was a bully and a boozer who kept a makeshift bar in his office which was "open every night for drinks," federal prosecutors said Monday.

Burke will be sentenced on Wednesday for assaulting a junkie who had stolen sex toys and other items from his department vehicle — and then covering up the beatdown by threatening detectives who had witnessed the attack.

"Many witnesses interviewed during the course of the investigation described (Burke) as a daily and heavy consumer of alcohol, specifically vodka and scotch," Assistant U.S. Attorneys Lara Gatz and John Durham stated in court papers.

The prosecutors are asking Judge Leonard Wexler to sentence Burke to 51 months in prison, dismissing defense lawyer John Meringolo's request for probation so Burke can stay home and care for his ailing 75-year-old mother.

Prosecutors also allege that Burke abused his position as Suffolk County's top cop by having officers transport him and others to airports and "conduct surveillance on his girlfriends and/or his girlfriend's ex significant others."

Burke has been held without bail since he was arrested 11 months ago. He is scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday in Long Island Federal Court.

DaisyChains, Lily, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  9. spike

spike Bronze Member

Perfect! Thanks, Akoya!!

He is like Drew Peterson...only more intelligent maybe.

DaisyChains, Paradise and Akoya like this.
  10. Kimster

I don't like his beady eyes.....

Paradise, Akoya and spike like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Right?

Paradise, Kimster and Akoya like this.
  12. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

Their former chief is very shady. I wouldn't be surprised if he was found to be involved or a suspect. Just my opinion.

13. spike

spike Bronze Member

Agreed!

14. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Newsday

Ex-Suffolk Police Chief James Burke is arrested

[​IMG]

New York Post

Modal Trigger Busted ex-police chief blocked FBI probe of Gilgo Beach murders

[​IMG]

www.huffingtonpost.com

[​IMG]

The New York Times

Mr. Burke's home in Smithtown, N.Y., the suburban community on Long Island where he grew up. Credit Richard Perry/The New York Times

[​IMG]

News 12 Long Island

Former Suffolk Police Chief James Burke pleaded guilty

[​IMG]

15. Kimster

He sure didn't look very concerned when he was arrested!

16. spike

spike Bronze Member

That's a spooky looking beach...seems to just drop off into oblivion. And the water looks so menacing.

17. Takeitfromme

The guy is a total ass. I hope the FBI digs into him real good. I've been wondering since his arrest why did he have a duffel bag of freaking sex toys in his dept issued vehicle.. Who does that??? The guy is cooked. Just my opinion

18. spike

spike Bronze Member

:good:

19. Takeitfromme

I like him for a suspect that I will say. These girls their families and Long Island deserve justice

DaisyChains, Akoya, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  20. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

Burke is filth. Unfortunately, he only got 46 months for this arrest. Hopefully, before his release, the FBI will find more to charge him on. He is a danger to the citizens of Long Island.

He fits my LISK profile like a glove.