1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

LONG ISLAND SERIAL KILLER (LISK) - Gilgo Killer

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Takeitfromme, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Jim Bissett was a wealthy man Shannon mentioned to a friend. His father owned a nursery where he would have had access to burlap bags. However, he committed suicide the day after Shannon's body was found.

Lily, Akoya, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Enter the dirty cop who refused to let the FBI investigate......

Lily, DaisyChains, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  3. Kimster

James Burke was allegedly running a prostitution ring. Police Chief Burke lost it and beat a man and now he's behind bars for obstruction of justice.

Did he want the FBI to stay away because of his dirty dealings, or because he was involved with LISK?

4. Kimster

It's over. I feel like I understand what's going on much better now. At the end they said 17 people have been found. :thud:

Lily, Akoya, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  5. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

This is a very chilling case. I did catch the end of the show tonight but am waiting for midnight to roll around so I can watch it in full. Had to work second shift tonight so I missed much of the show. However I have followed this case very closely since Shannan's disappearance and I remember the day the cadaver dog and officer were out at the brush near the beach and started finding bodies. This case just swallowed me up at that time and I will keep following it until it is solved.

6. spike

spike Bronze Member

Me too, Kimster!!

7. spike

spike Bronze Member

Sounds like every kind of evil went on, on that island for years with lots of people covering for each other.
    Seems like each POI was connected...the doctor was doling out drugs and these men just did whatever they wanted.IMO.

8. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

Suffolk County ME office is in Hauppauge. 23 miles west of Manorville.

Takeitfromme, Kimster, spike and 2 others like this.
  9. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

So true. Take your pick. They all fit the LISK profile in one way or another. The drug/sex parties. Supposedly, many LE were a part of it.

Takeitfromme, Lily, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  10. Takeitfromme

I missed it again. I fell asleep!!! Ugh!

Kimster, Akoya and spike like this.
  11. Kimster

Interesting! Since today is election day, I'll say this; if I had to "vote" for a main suspect, mine would be on Hackett.

Takeitfromme, Akoya and spike like this.
  12. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

Also, i can't remember who its was at the moment, but one of the victims stayed at the Holiday Inn in Hauppauge.
    Not that it means anything. But all these little dots.

13. Kimster

Do you know who TruthSpider was? At the old place? He was determined Hackett was suspect and I read some of his posts. Seemed to me the poster really did their homework, but I didn't know enough about the case to render judgement.

14. spike

spike Bronze Member

Really? Wow. Was he from the area?

Akoya, Takeitfromme and Kimster like this.
  15. Kimster

I don't know that they said where they lived.

Akoya, Takeitfromme and spike like this.
  16. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

I remember reading about him and someone actually outed him on the LISK blog. I have to look again but from what I remember, he wasn't too secretive about his true identity.

17. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

A few months ago on the LISK blog, a guy posted that he drove past a van one night on OP. That a guy had a scanner on the hood. Very late at night. I'll try to find that, too.

18. Takeitfromme

When he had his little grab his chest moment I secretly hoped he wasn't faking. There are a few that get my vote as suspects hackett included

Akoya, Kimster, spike and 1 other person like this.
  19. Takeitfromme

It will come to me. I used to know and had tons of notes on this case and where they are since I moved earlier this year is unknown....because journalists are such organized people :rolleyes:

Akoya, DaisyChains, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  20. Kimster

Lol! You're so sweet. :)