1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL Lonzie Barton Media Thread - No Discussion

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Lambchop, Aug 21, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Lily, NOCLUE and MadgeS like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

3. walkie-talkie

4. walkie-talkie

5. walkie-talkie

6. walkie-talkie

7. walkie-talkie

8. walkie-talkie

NOCLUE and MadgeS like this.
  9. walkie-talkie

10. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

11. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

12. walkie-talkie

Lily, NOCLUE, MadgeS and 2 others like this.
  13. walkie-talkie

Ruben Ebron charged with attempted escape
    4 charges added against suspect in Lonzie Barton's disappearance

William Ruben Ebron Jr., who was already facing two counts of child neglect and one count of lying to police, has been charged with attempted escape from jail, possession of a handcuff key, possession of contraband and criminal conspiracy.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/ruben-ebron-charged-with-attempted-escape/34958516

NOCLUE, Lily, MadgeS and 1 other person like this.
  14. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

15. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

News4Jax has learned that there is a possibility of a trial delay.

Defense attorneys for Lonna Barton will be back in front of a judge Tuesday morning to request discovery information that they have yet to receive. According to the State Attorney's Office, Bartons' attorneys want her Baker County criminal court case file. She was arrested on drug charges in that county in a separate case.

Depending on how long it takes them to receive and review that evidence, Barton's trial date could be affected.

Both Barton and Ebron are expected to be in court at 9 a.m. Tuesday for a hearing on motions to change the venue of the trial and for Ebron to have a separate trial on the escape plan charges.

A judge has yet to decide if Ebron, who reported Lonzie missing July 24, can get a fair trial in Duval County because of the pretrial publicity.

Lawyer Gene Nichols, who is not associated with the case, said prosecutors have been successful in pitting Barton and Ebron against each other.

A detective told Barton in an interview that Ebron's best defense is to blame Barton.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/trial-delay-for-lonna-barton-ruben-ebron/36620692

Lida, NOCLUE, walkie-talkie and 3 others like this.
  16. Kimster

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — First Coast News has obtained new court documents about the state's case against Lonna Barton, the mother of missing toddler Lonzie Barton, and William Ruben Ebron, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office's prime suspect in the child's disappearance.

According to the state's seventh supplemental discovery, which references police supplemental reports, Barton stated that Ebron told her "it was an accident, he freaked out or panicked, Lonzie was gone."

The document also reveals that Ebron told Barton that "he was tired of watching her kids and all they do is cry."

First Coast News has requested the reports but has not yet received them.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/11/30/new-documents-case-ebron-barton/76564852/

Lida, NOCLUE and walkie-talkie like this.
  17. Kimster

NOCLUE and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  18. ShortWave

ShortWave Fan of Troublemaker

DNA evidence proves Lonzie's 'dad' -- isn't
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Despite the mystery surrounding the July disappearance of Lonzie Barton, one thing seemed certain: the identity of his parents. Lonna Barton was his mother, and Chris Barton was his father.
    While he was a presence in Lonzie's life, DNA evidence in the case obtained by First Coast News suggests Chris is not the child's "biological" father.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...-shows-chris-barton-not-lonzies-dad/76738926/

(If this is old news I'll delete this post)

Lida, Kimster, daisy7 and 2 others like this.
  19. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

No, this is new news. Last we heard DP was saying on FB that police tested Lonzie's DNA and it came back that Chris was the father. Obviously that was not true.

NOCLUE and ShortWave like this.
  20. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

:thud:Hu? What? Chris isn't his dad?

NOCLUE likes this.