1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL LONZIE BARTON: Missing from Jacksonville FL - 24th July 2015 - Age 21 months - #1 *FOUND DECEASED*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Zoidar, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  2. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

3. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

4. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

5. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

6. walkie-talkie

DawnDLOLopez ‏@DawnANjax 3h3 hours ago
    Get a good look at this baby. #JSO is looking for Lonzie Barton, he was in a car that was stolen from Ravenwood Apts

ABC Action News ‏@abcactionnews 3h3 hours ago
    MISSING: Lonzie Barton, 19 months. The vehicle he was in was stolen then found but he wasn't! http://wfts.tv/1CYRKH3

Lisa Robbins ‏@LisaRobbinsFCN 2h2 hours ago
    VIDEO: JSO air unit searching area off Old Kings Road S for Lonzie Barton. #FINDLONIZE

WJXT Ashley Harding ‏@WJXTAshleyH 36m36 minutes ago
    PLEASE RT: Police say this is the car stolen with Lonzie Barton inside. Car was found, Lonzie is still missing.@wjxt4

[​IMG]

7. walkie-talkie

WJXTMELANIE ‏@WJXTMELANIE 3h3 hours ago
    Breaking news - 6:45am news conference on Lonzie Barton. Went missing from Ravenwood Apartments at 2:30 this morning

Romney Smith ‏@RomneyANjax 3h3 hours ago
    There was a 5 year old girl in the car with Lonzie Barton, but she was able to get out before the car took off.

Christy ‏@WOKVChristy 3h3 hours ago
    JSO working different angles for missing Lonzie Barton - did he wander off when his sister went inside apt OR was he inside stolen car??

Lisa Robbins ‏@LisaRobbinsFCN 3h3 hours ago
    K9 Unit searching neighborhood where Lonzie Barton is believed to have been last. #FINDLONIZE

[​IMG]

8. walkie-talkie

Lindsey Boetsch ‏@FCNLindsey 2h2 hours ago
    Helicopter now circling Ravenwood Apartments searching for 21 month old Lonzie Barton #FINDLONIZE

[​IMG]

Romney Smith ‏@RomneyANjax 2h2 hours ago
    .@JSOPIO has a helicopter in the air. Bloodhounds just left the scene. @RussellANjax says police going door to door looking 4 Lonzie Barton.

Russell Colburn ‏@RussellANjax 1h1 hour ago
    #ANjaxBreaking- @JSOPIO: Lonzie Barton was NOT restrained in car seat, meaning he could've wandered out of Civic himself.

Elizabeth Campbell ‏@WJXTElizabeth 43m43 minutes ago
    #JSO is asking all people who live near Ravenwoods Apts off Old Kings near Baymeadows & US-1 to search their property for 1yo Lonzie Barton.

9. walkie-talkie

News4JAX ‏@wjxt4 43m43 minutes ago

NEW IMAGES: K9 and handler searching woods for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton #FindLonzie http://bit.ly/1IicG7Z

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Christy ‏@WOKVChristy 11m11 minutes ago
    Police look to be searching garbage cans and nearby creeks for Lonzie Barton. It's been more than 7 hours since he was kidnapped.

Bridgette Matter ‏@bridgetteANjax 10m10 minutes ago
    Apartment complex is surrounded by wood line. It's been about 7 hours since Lonzie Barton went missing

Lisa Robbins ‏@LisaRobbinsFCN 6m6 minutes ago
    #JSO K9s are in the area of Sierra Madre Dr N searching for little Lonzie Barton. #FINDLONIZE

[​IMG]

10. walkie-talkie

11. walkie-talkie

Russell Colburn ‏@RussellANjax 2h2 hours ago
    #JSO going door-to-door in area where stolen Civic was recovered.

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 2h2 hours ago
    #AMBERALERT #FINDLONZIE - We have been told the child was not restrained in a car seat at the time of the vehicle theft.

#AMBERALERT #FINDLONZIE - We ask residents to check their property, look everywhere a one year old could hide. Under tarps and in sheds.

#AMBERALERT #FINDLONZIE - If you have a vacant property to the right, left, or across the street from you. We ask to please check it.

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 1h1 hour ago
    #AMBERALERT #FINDLONZIE - We recovered the vehicle. We are looking for anyone who saw that vehicle yesterday and early morning today.

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 50m50 minutes ago
    #AMBERALERT #FINDLONZIE - Have a pool? Please go check it and around it.

12. walkie-talkie

13. walkie-talkie

14. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

Police said the toddler was apparently taken from his mother’s boyfriend’s car at Ravenwood Apartments in the 8000 block of South Old Kings Road in the Baymeadows area. The boy's 5-year-old sister was able to get out of the car and alert the boyfriend who went outside to find the car gone.

The boyfriend had gone into the apartment to get something and was preparing to retrieve the children's mother from her job. The mother was just getting off work from a restaurant/bar, which had not been named at last report.

The vehicle has been recovered, but not the child.

The car is a 1995 orange Honda Civic. It was found in the 8100 block of Cesperdes Avenue, which is a short distance away from the apartment complex. The Honda was abandoned with no one inside.

The report came in to police around 2:20 a.m. Police then announced shortly after 6:00 a.m. that an Amber Alert had been issued in conjunction with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

(snip)

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-ne...pparently-abducted-during-car-theft-ravenwood

15. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

Had a news conference with JSO at noon.

The Amber Alert reverse phone calls that were supposedly sent to area residents, wasn't SENT.

An Orlando reporter that drove up this morning for coverage of this search, stated in his question to JSO officer, that the Amber Alerts that 'normally' show up along the roads on signs wasn't SHOWING the active Amber Alert, showing instead the travel delays only. JSO spokes person said that was unfortunate and will be addressed.

THIS is insufferable, IMO.

JSO says that they've talked to the 5 year old sister, without much success...that she was tired, scared and hungry. They plan on talking to her again....

JSO says that the boyfriend is co operating at the station with detectives.... JSO is also looking into his financial records at this time.

JSO has expanded it's original search from about a 4 block radiance with bloodhounds, helicopters, K9's, etc...

16. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

I got the AA this morning on tv, but never on my phone. Got the email maybe an hour after the tv alert. Gonna check the electronic billboard that displays them near my house when I pick up my boys from camp soon.

Such a shame. FL usually does a great job with AA alerts.

PlainJaneDoe and truthbtold like this.
  17. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

There was a carseat in the car. It's being questioned if Lonzie was even strapped into the carseat. At noon today with JSO update, the officer said it's been 12 hours since this baby has been missing!

18. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

Federal, State and Local officials are on site, searching for Lonzie. Dive teams and The Salvation Army Emergency disaster truck is on scene. Volunteers are showing up by the Command Center mobile wanting to help in the search for Lonzie.

Right now, they're not using an organized citizen search for Lonzie, but they're taking names and phone numbers from the citizens that are showing up, for later, should an organize search be initiated.

Lonzie's mother last saw her child at 8pm Thursday night, before going to work.

Her boyfriend was watching the children, he says that he did laundry earlier and bought gas before showing up at the apartment, leaving the two children in the car... The 5 year old sister, got scared and got out of the car going up to the apartment. Boyfriend within minutes went to car and actually saw it being driven away.

JSO is currently looking at as many videos as they can and asking for citizens to look at theirs and or turn them over to JSO.

19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Interesting... So they're looking at it from different angles. That's good. 1 - Lonzie was inside the car when it was taken. 2 - Lonzie, like his sister, got out of the car before it was taken and wandered away. I wonder if they're also looking at 3 - Lonzie was never inside the car at all. ? (I'm definitely not accusing anyone of anything at this point. But most "simple carjackings" with a child inside lead to the child being left with the car or very close by.)

20. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

My stomach is tied up in knots, thinking the worse at this point. Some things are simply NOT adding up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.