1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX LORI KENNEDY RUFF or BECKY TURNER JANE DOE: Found in Longview, TX *Kimberly McLean*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsMegan

ItsMegan Member

Well... no one really needed a time out. I think it just bothered a lot of us that someone was making all these statements and was offended by an email namus sent me stating an article was going to be released about a case they worked on.. the article was then released and it contradicted almost everything this person stated. A lot of time was spent on this case by a lot of us... obviously by Akayo too.. emotions were running high with everyone.

2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I want to thank all of the Crimewatchers posters for their support, yesterday. I want you all to know that I spent many hours doing research with Joe Velling, regardless of anything posted on another forum. I am shocked by some of the posts and accusations that were made, yesterday.

Below, I am reposting two of many emails. I have left more information in the emails, this time. I personally feel betrayed, because after doing many hours and many weeks of cooperative research, I truly believed that certain tests were being done and had been completed. I believed that certain results had been found and I was never told differently. I was told that DNA was obtained from the undertaker through hair, before the cremation. I was told that DNA had determined a serious genetic heart condition. I was told that tests would be completed on the woman we believed was the biological sister of Lori Ruff. Obviously, something was very wrong with the information I received because there doesn’t appear to have been DNA work, afterall. I was never informed that the DNA was not a match between the woman who was reportedly tested and Lori Ruff’s DNA. I now have to seriously question if testing was ever done, at all.

These are the reasons I was very protective when I saw the NAMUS person reporting about activities of the “investigator”. I spent many hours on this project and right now I feel very betrayed. I apologize for any disruptions on this forum. I believed my protection of information and identities was absolutely the right thing to do given the information I had. I will always speak out to protect myself and any victim. I was never told about research involving Kimberly Cassidy. I offer my gratitude to those who finally did identify Lori Ruff as Kimberly. I think some of the posts made on this thread were shameful. I think some of the attacks on me were despicable, considering that I likely invested more time on Lori Ruff than any of the attackers.

To:
    Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:01:43 -0400
    Subject: Re:
    Message-ID: <8597B59F67F4D04C90178C673B176A22013341638240@hq-ec-02.ba.ad.ssa.gov>

XXXXXXXX,

Perhaps. The best course of action would be for me to go see sister Marilyn in Vancouver,WA.

Joe

Joseph J. Velling
    Special Agent in Charge
    SSA/OIG Seattle, Washington
    (888) 250-4172 ext 18417 wk
    (503)

(206) 553-1002 fax

"Sent from SSA/OIG Blackberry Wireless Handheld."

To:
    Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:28:30 -0500
    Subject: RE: XXXXXXXXXX Daughters
    Message-ID: <72455BFD7B6B764F924C04512F3E0FC20104E91FDBA8@hq-ec-02.ba.ad.ssa.gov>
    References: <AABKF239EAUCH7AA@smtpout04.vgs.untd.com>

XXXXXXXX,

I wanted to circle back and let you know we have reached out to a member of the XXXXXXXXXX family. My hope is we should know if JANE DOE is Kathleen in the next month. Joe

Joseph Velling

Special Agent in Charge
    Social Security Administration
    Office of the Inspector General
    701 Pike Street, Suite 1000
    Seattle, Washington
    (888) 250-4172 x18417 direct
    (206) 553-1002 fax

3. ikura561

ikura561 New Member

Um, nobody was attacking you. Pointing out inaccurate statements and attacking you are two different things.

MoonPie66 and ItsMegan like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Over the past year, I've been a volunteer for our local police authorities. One thing that I've learned is that they keep a lot of stuff under their vests. They don't divulge much information, even within their own department. If we keep this in mind, it might help.

Please don't feel discouraged from submitting tips, but remember that oftentimes the time we take seems thankless. It's the same for the detectives, much of the time.

Thank you to all of those who spent hours trying to identify Kimberly. Your passion is what's needed to send these UIDs home!

fb26899881606ffcec678857e2e20c67.jpg

Tammy, MULDER, DaisyChains and 10 others like this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I didn't make any inaccurate statements. I posted very little, but everything I posted was 100% accurate. How dare you question my integrity?

6. Kimster

Okay guys, take it to a private message please. The drama ends now.

Tammy, MULDER, DaisyChains and 5 others like this.
  7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

@Akoya
    I know your feelings were hurt & you felt like people were ganging up on you. All that mess was unnecessary to the topic, but you were honorable ~ you did the right thing for the right reasons. And you had information that nobody else around here knew about so try & shake it off. Do not let that skirmish hold you back ~ keep up the good work.

8. ItsMegan

ItsMegan Member

Really??? Like how the undertaker got her DNA??

MoonPie66 likes this.
  9. Kimster

thread_closed.png

If you find new information about this case that you'd like to post,
    please use the report button so staff can help you.

:thankyou:

10. Kimster

Lily, noZme, Tammy and 7 others like this.
  11. Kimster

Lori Ruff's true identity was revealed in 2016, but the mystery remained: Why?

A new investigation of the case by the reporter who wrote the original 2013 newspaper story has just been released. Through records and interviews, reporter Maureen O'Hagan went back and tried to trace this Jane Doe's path from Kimberly McLean to Becky Sue Turner to Lori Ruff. It's a fast read, fleshing out the facts and revealing previously unpublished details.

The Woman In The Strongbox

https://www.amazon.com/Woman-Strongbox-Missing-Maureen-OHagan-ebook/dp/B078XB66QN

tbNzPTl.jpg

Lily, Advocate, Maureen and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.