1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX LORI KENNEDY RUFF or BECKY TURNER JANE DOE: Found in Longview, TX *Kimberly McLean*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

:pickme: Me, too!

MULDER, Advocate, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Thank you, DaisyChains. It's important to me that people know I haven't spoken to reporters from the Seattle Times or any other newspaper. I have no idea where that is coming from and I seriously doubt that Joe has given information to newspapers.

I really do understand that people want to know who Lori Ruff was, or as Joe insists on calling her - Jane Doe. I would want to know who she was, too. Because of the circumstances, though, I truly believe that the only sources of information about her should be Blake Ruff or law enforcement. I feel badly that people suspect her of having been a bad or dangerous person. She did steal an identity from a headstone, but other than that she was pretty much just a victim with a lot of baggage. There are good reasons why her identity needs to be kept under wraps.

MULDER, GarAndMo49, Paradise and 5 others like this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

OMG, I love that little guy behind the desk.

I can't give up her name, not even if you waterboard me. I am concerned about her daughter. Unfortunately, I am feeling uncomfortable that the name has possibly been leaked to this newspaper person. I don't know why all of this interest has suddenly taken place.

MULDER, GarAndMo49, Paradise and 5 others like this.
  4. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

You don't know how much I admire and respect you for that. It's good to know that she was identified. That's the part I care about.

MULDER, GarAndMo49, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Thank you.

MULDER, Paradise, spike and 2 others like this.
  6. awillis0513

awillis0513 New Member

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but found out about this case a year or so ago and have been following it quite a bit.

I actually always have thought that she had to have been a victim, not a bad person at all. The thing that has always made me think this was the fact that she did file bankruptcy at one point after having the new identity. I figure she wouldn't do that if she had nifarious motives or was out to scam other people.

Thank you for your work. I completely understand and the empathy factor has actually kept me drawn to this case. I feel empathetic for all involved, especially Lori. I have to believe that for someone (especially a woman) to just completely dump their previous life and relationships, something pretty bad would have had to happen.

Thanks again.

7. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Could it be her husband or bio family leaking her true identity?

MULDER, Advocate, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  8. DNASleuth

DNASleuth Member

Can you say how she was identified?

9. midgemontana

midgemontana New Member

Suddenly taken place? You're kidding, right?

10. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Sorry but I think you handed someone in and think it was your potential match. My money is on her exBF who if was right would have just cme back.

Michael Nance did nothing wrong, he cnfirmed her profile was pulled by LE and its their decision on whether they release it, he does say he thinks Velling is following up with the ID story.

Many people have been working Loris case on WS and FB and by themselves. My friend turns in potentials all the time.

11. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

whatever happened with that guy at WS who claimed she was his gf back in the day? I think he had a good lead. I am told he was essentially bullied off the board for being a potential troll. thats why im not at WS anymore - that group bully crap.

But wasn't he the one who contacted Velling and possibly made the connection? I've been hearing rumors that his lead was credible and his ex was Lori, but who knows.

MULDER, Advocate, guess who and 2 others like this.
  12. Winterlong

Winterlong Member

Advocate, I agree. Doesn't look like any MPs that could poss. have been FLEK have been taken down. Probably not someone listed on NamUs IMO. IMO she would've gotten ID'd much earlier if that was the case. Tons of folks are working on it online.

Nothing wrong done by Nance, my main concern is the daughter knowing who her mama is. Even though I am very curious as to who Lori was it's really about her daughter knowing. For me.

13. awillis0513

awillis0513 New Member

Yeah, I figured that had panned out.

MULDER, DaisyChains and Sunburst like this.
  14. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

"Sorry but I think you handed someone in and think it was your potential match. My money is on her exBF who if was right would have just cme back. "

This statement is absolutely incredible and you have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea who Michael Nance is or who pulled the profile, nor do I care. I worked directly with Joe Velling. Sweet pea, this hasn't been a recent event. This took place before Joe retired and he's been away from Social Security for over a year. Somebody is just getting their act together at NAMUS and pulling her page. Your friend's message very clearly says that the investigator is working with the Seattle Times. Well, Joe was the Agent and I was the investigator/researcher. I haven't spoken to anyone in the newspapers and I have a problem with your friend's accusation. Joe Velling and I researched Lori's identity for a period of time. Nobody handed anything to anyone, especially to your friend at NAMUS. It was a completed project with completed DNA matches quite a while ago. This was first and foremost a law enforcement issue.

These emails involve DNA work. Important information has been redacted, but you will note that your NAMUS friend isn't part of the communication. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

To:
    Date: Mon, XXXXXXXXXXX 15:01:43 -0400
    Subject: Re:
    Message-ID: <8597B59F67F4D04C90178C673B176A22013341638240@hq-ec-02.ba.ad.ssa.gov>

XXXXXXXXXX,

Perhaps. The best course of action would be for me to go see sister XXXXXXX in XXXXXXXXXXX.

Joe

Joseph J. Velling
    Special Agent in Charge
    SSA/OIG Seattle, Washington
    (888) 250-4172 ext 18417 wk
    (503) 329-3078 cell
    (206) 553-1002 fax

"Sent from SSA/OIG Blackberry Wireless Handheld."

To:
    Date: Tue, XXXXXXXXXXX 18:28:30 -0500
    Subject: RE:
    Message-ID: <72455BFD7B6B764F924C04512F3E0FC20104E91FDBA8@hq-ec-02.ba.ad.ssa.gov>
    References: <AABKF239EAUCH7AA@smtpout04.vgs.untd.com>

XXXXXXXX,

I wanted to circle back and let you know we have reached out to a member of the XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX. My hope is we should know if XXXXXXX is XXXXXXXXX in the next month. Joe

Joseph Velling
    Special Agent in Charge
    Social Security Administration
    Office of the Inspector General
    701 Pike Street, Suite 1000
    Seattle, Washington
    (888) 250-4172 x18417 direct
    (206) 553-1002 fax

15. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I feel very certain that it isn't her biological family or a member of the Ruff family.

MULDER, GarAndMo49, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  16. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Yes, it was a lot of research.

17. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

When I said suddenly taking place, I am referring to the discussions about Lori Ruff being identified. Her identification is not new and it is interesting that it is suddenly a discussion topic on forums.

MULDER, Paradise, Scorpio and 2 others like this.
  18. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I have no idea who this person is or anything about an old boyfriend. He was never discussed in any of our work.

19. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

She was never on any databases that I am aware of. She was not reported as a missing person. Her daughter needs to be protected, unless Blake Ruff decides differently.

20. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

i think what they mean is did DNA help identify her and also was there a lead? or was her ID found by digging around for info without a lead and found her? I guess when you say a lot of research you are saying you found out her identity without a lead etc?

just wondering as its uber interesting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.