1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX LORI KENNEDY RUFF or BECKY TURNER JANE DOE: Found in Longview, TX *Kimberly McLean*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thing1

Thing1 Member

You're kidding right?

MoonPie66, Winterlong and ItsMegan like this.
  2. ItsMegan

ItsMegan Member

Did you ever get that explanation for the email that Michael Nance sent me?

MoonPie66, midgemontana and Thing1 like this.
  3. sceawian

sceawian Member

MoonPie66, Winterlong and Thing1 like this.
  4. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

And I apologize that you thought I was mean. I personally wasn't trying to be mean to you; I was trying to tell you why I didn't think you were the one that solved the case. My partner and I have worked with Velling before, the SSA won't pay for a DNA test at Ancestry, I'm sure Colleen had them donated. When our submission was ruled out we got a letter stating it, did Velling ever give you a letter saying anything?

I'm asking because I do think you thought it was your submission and I'm curious why you felt that way, since we've worked with him before I'm curious what was different. Once you gave him the family members name, did they enter the person into NamUs to get a free test? If so you should have gotten a letter for your rule out or explanation on what happened.

As for the questions you're asking, go back and read your posts. That's where it's coming from. You probably don't remember making the posts because you were so worried someone would blame you for leaking her ID.

Tammy, MULDER, DaisyChains and 6 others like this.
  5. DNASleuth

DNASleuth Member

So, obviously, the claim that DNA Genealogy is not what led to her identity and solved the case was false. That is exactly why I asked for clarification earlier.

6. Advocate

Colleen was an expert that was needed to solve the case unless the family one day reported her missing like most of our cases may they rest in peace.

I hope this shows LE how much DNA for genealogy can help with an ID

Tammy, DaisyChains, MoonPie66 and 2 others like this.
  7. sceawian

sceawian Member

Would be great if it became standard practice to compare missing persons DNA with genealogy databases!

8. DNASleuth

DNASleuth Member

Currently there is no way to get DNA from remains into the commercial databases. That is what makes this case different and Benjaman Kyle's too. If you have the DNA from a living person, it can be done relatively easily now, thanks to the recent dramatic growth of the databases.

9. sceawian

sceawian Member

Ah yes, that makes sense. Thanks!

Advocate and DNASleuth like this.
  10. midgemontana

midgemontana New Member

Out of curiosity, why not? Is it an issue of the commercial companies not wanting to cooperate or a physical reason that it's impossible?

DaisyChains and Advocate like this.
  11. Advocate

Can't they take the raw results and upload to the genealogy database?

12. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I did not "submit" anything to Joe Velling. Joe Velling and I worked together to research many parts of Lori Ruff's life. I have no idea where Joe sent his DNA samples. The people we researched were not part of NAMUS because they weren't missing. Lori Ruff's tissue samples had been obtained from the mortician. I have no clue who did the actual DNA test, but somebody paid for it because Joe has the results. DNA was only one small part of the research we did. Lori Ruff was not simplistic.

Scorpio likes this.
  13. HauntingSoul

HauntingSoul Member

I'm still numb!

MoonPie66, Advocate and sceawian like this.
  14. ikura561

ikura561 New Member

I thought they tested her daughter's DNA to a member of the McLean family?

15. Thing1

Thing1 Member

But how could you research her life when info about her previous family life didn't come into play until recently? Frankly your story doesn't make sense and your trying to gaslight us. My opinion is you did not help identity Kimberly whatsoever. Unless detective velling says otherwise then that's my stance. Thank you for your input and if you did in fact help I appreciate your efforts.

16. Thing1

Thing1 Member

According to the Seattle times article that's exactly what happened.

DaisyChains, MoonPie66 and Advocate like this.
  17. awillis0513

awillis0513 New Member

I actually have way more questions now than I did a few days ago. My brain is racing!

Advocate, HauntingSoul and Thing1 like this.
  18. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT KIMBERLY'S DAUGHTER SHOULD BE PROTECTED FROM ANYONE IN KIMBERLY'S EARLY LIFE. YOU ARE FABRICATING THIS INFORMATION AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU PRODUCE A POST WHERE I MADE THIS STATEMENT. MY ONLY COMMENT ABOUT HER EARLY LIFE WAS EXTREME DYSFUNCTION.

19. spike

spike Bronze Member

Who are you?

Tammy and GarAndMo49 like this.
  20. Thing1

Thing1 Member

HauntingSoul and ItsMegan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.