1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NY LOUIS GERMOSEN: Missing from Westbury, NY - 28 June 2018 - Age 19 *Found Safe*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 9, 2018.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Teen went missing. Anonymous text message said 'search the park and the pond,' family says

[​IMG]

Louis Germosen left his dad and stepmother's house on June 28, family members say, and has been missing ever since.

But the 19-year-old's family received a potential clue about his whereabouts on Sunday, his stepmother Suzanne Bayer told News12.

"We got an anonymous text message to Louis' cousin on his phone saying that we needed to come over to this park and search the park and the pond thoroughly," she said, "and then he told us 'Good luck and god bless.'"

The text message included two addresses in Hempstead Lake State Park in Lakeview, New York, according to Pix11. Family members told police that Germosen was last seen leaving his dad's house in Nassau County and potentially heading toward West Hempstead.

Prompted by the text, family and authorities combed through the park on Sunday, looking for any signs of Germosen, police told ABC7. The park will be closed on Monday as the search for the missing teenager continues.

So far, the searches haven't turned up any new information, according to Pix11.

Bayer said the constant searching and worrying hasn't been easy.

"You hope for the best, you know what I mean, you hope for the best," Bayer told ABC7, "but this has been going on so long, you just want it to end."

Louis Germosen, the teen's father, told Pix11 that he suspects the 19-year-old "might have been hanging out with the wrong people."

"We recently got a message that he might have had some people hanging out with some MS-13," he said. "I'm not 100 percent sure, we just got that tip last night."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article214552545.html

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...2018-as-he-left-his-home-in-westbury-ny.3822/

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Takeitfromme, Akoya, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search for Missing Teen Resumes After Mysterious Tip, Family Fears MS-13 Involved

Authorities on Long Island planned to resume a massive search on Monday for a teenage boy who was last seen leaving his Westbury, New York, home at the end of June. After receiving an anonymous text about where to search for the teen, his family fears his disappearance may involve the MS-13 gang.

Louis Germosen, 19, was last seen on June 28 as he left his home, the Nassau County Police Department said. Family members told WPIX that Germosen was heading to Roosevelt Street in West Hempstead when he disappeared.

According to Newsday, investigators with Nassau County, State Park Police, Nassau Water Rescue and a Suffolk County canine unit were at Hempstead Lake State Park until 10 p.m. Sunday. The family told the newspaper it had searched the park several times with friends before police arrived Sunday.

Nassau County Police declined to confirm that investigators had turned their attention to Hempstead Lake State Park but told Newsweek that the department was assisting state police in the investigation.

Louis Germosen, 45, told WPIX that he feared the worst about his missing son and hinted at a possible connection to the violent MS-13 gang.

http://www.newsweek.com/massive-sea...r-family-receives-mysterious-tip-over-1014530

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Officials: West Hempstead park search for Westbury man to resume Wednesday

Search teams came up empty Tuesday, authorities said, after spending a third-straight day at Hempstead Lake State Park looking for any sign of a Westbury man who went missing June 28.

Dozens of searchers have participated in the hunt for Louis Germosen, 19, since Sunday after the missing man's cousin received anonymous text messages directing the family to Schodack Pond, a shallow, vegetation-choked pond in the southern portion of Hempstead Lake State Park. Drones and a Nassau police helicopter have also been used in the search, which has included members of the State Police, State Park Police and Nassau police.

State Park Police Maj. Anthony Astacio said a smaller search detail will return to the park on Wednesday to continue looking for Germosen.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/missing-man-search-hempstead-1.19746613

Akoya and spike like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police suspend search for missing Westbury teen

Police suspended their search Friday night for a Westbury teen missing for more than two weeks.

Nassau County police suspended their search for the teen after three days of scouring Hempstead Lake State Park. Law enforcement sources say the search was suspended because no physical evidence has been found that points to this case being anything other than a runaway situation.

Police wouldn't comment on why the search was suspended, only saying that the investigation is still open.

Family members are continuing their search, hanging flyers throughout West Hempstead. They say the fact that he wasn't found in the park gives them hope that he'll be found alive.

Investigators say they don't believe the case is gang-related.

http://longisland.news12.com/story/38643871/police-suspend-search-for-missing-westbury-teen

spike and Akoya like this.
  5. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

MS-13 is NO JOKE they have set themselves up all around where I live. Unfortunately a 15 year old boy, a cousin of a former co-worker of mine fell victim to how they initiate members. The poor boy was found beheaded and hands no where to be found. A family left grieving and another family of the 16 yr old suspect wondering where they went wrong. How could their boy do this to another's boy. Neither family gets any kind of answer that they want or need or deserve ones Lost a Child forever and the other family feels terribly guilty wondering how their boy could be caught up with such a horrid gang complete an act like that and throw his whole life away too it is horrible they are running rampant in our area it's really scary they are probably the scariest gang I've seen in this area in a very long time

6. Takeitfromme

Another ironic coincidence is the boy I was speaking of in my last post was found along the shores of the Merrimack River in Lawrence Massachusetts and I find it odd or ironic or coincidence whatever you want to call it that this mysterious text message that this family has received in this case leading them near water I certainly hope that their boy has not Fallen victim to anything that has to do with MS-13 they are I can't even describe in words how violent they are I honestly don't even want to think about it very scary

Kimster, spike and Akoya like this.
  7. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

M-13 is a very serious problem in New York. Many young people are dying as a result of M-13 initiations. New members of the gang are instructed to murder random victims.

Takeitfromme, Kimster and spike like this.
  8. Takeitfromme

Yup. Like my last post ugh so gruesome. It appears he was a victim of a peer initiating in to MS-13 a 15 now 16 year old.... decapitate and dismember the hands. Absolutely heinous. What 15 year old does that? I could actually say a shooting wouldnt shock me from a 15 year old but one that dismembers certainly does.

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search for missing teen at Hempstead Lake State Park ends, but case still active, police say

The search for missing Westbury teenager Louis Germosen continues after police finished up looking at Hempstead Lake State Park last week.

“We conducted a search … and found nothing,” Tony Astacio, commanding officer of the state park police, said Monday. Nassau County Police said that the search at the park finished up last Friday but that the investigation is still active. They did not wish to specify where they are searching.

http://www.liherald.com/stories/sea...-ends-but-case-still-active-police-say,105230

Takeitfromme, Akoya and spike like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing teen found safe on Long Island after family feared MS-13 involvement: police

A missing Long Island teen has been found safe after an extensive 3-week search, police said.

Louis Germosen, 19, was located on Friday in the lower east side of Manhattan. He was last seen at his home in Westbury on June 28.

His family tells PIX11 that he didn’t know he was the subject of a massive investigation.

https://pix11.com/2018/07/21/missing-teen-found-safe-on-long-island/

Akoya, Takeitfromme and spike like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Well thank goodness.

Akoya and Takeitfromme like this.
  12. Takeitfromme

Wow!!! With the case we have here in Lawrence, MA with the boys I mentioned... I didnt think this case would have a happy and safe ending.... but I am so glad it does!

Akoya likes this.