1. A Colorado AMBER Alert has been issued for Jacob Roe, 12, of Saguache.
    Jacob was last seen leaving his home around 3:00 pm on Saturday, June 23.
    He is now believed to be with 60-year-old David Freeman and is believed to be in danger.
    They may be traveling in a red 2014 Jeep Patriot with Colorado plates 198ZQO.

Click HERE for more information

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KS LUCAS HERNANDEZ: Missing from Wichita, KS - 17 Feb 2018 - Age 5 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Feb 18, 2018.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

MISSING CHILD: Lucas Hernandez

[​IMG]

Wichita Police are asking for help locating a missing child.

Lucas Hernandez, age 5, was last seen in his bedroom around 3pm Saturday, in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

He is 4 feet tall, with brown hair and eyes, and weighs 60 pounds. Lucas was last seen wearing black sweats, white socks, and a grey shirt with a bear on it.

If you have any information about Lucas, call 911 immediately.

https://www.kfdi.com/news/missing-child-lucas-hernandez

Wichita police search for 5-year-old boy

Wichita police are investigating a missing child case in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

Sedgwick County dispatchers confirmed to Eyewitness News that police are on scene looking into the disappearance of a 5-year-old child last seen inside his bedroom around 3 pm on Saturday near Edgemoor between Lincoln & Kellogg.

Police say Lucas Hernandez is Hispanic/white, four-feet tall, brown hair, brown eyes, and long lashes.

The boy was last seen wearing black sweats with a grey shirt that had a bear on it, white socks, and light blue Pull-up.

Public Information Officer Charley Davidson tells Eyewitness News that Wichita Police do not have any updates on missing Lucas Hernandez.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wichita-police-investigating-missing-child-case--474396903.html

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...-17-2018-in-wichita-kansas.3004/#comment-3076

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
    NOCLUE, Uno2Much, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

URGENT: Police asking for information on little boy who disappeared from his home

Kansas police are searching for a 5-year-old boy last seen in his Wichita home on Saturday afternoon, and are asking the public for any known information about his whereabouts.

The Wichita Eagle reports that Lucas Hernandez was last seen on Saturday at around 3 p.m. at his home off of the 600 block of south Edgemoor, near Lincoln. According the the Missing Pieces Network, a non-profit organization that assists in finding missing persons, the father’s girlfriend was taking care of Lucas and his infant sister when he vanished. She apparently took a nap at around 3 p.m., when Lucas was napping, but when she woke up, he was missing and the back door of the home was open.

Lucas’ father, who drove home after learning the boy was missing, said that all of his son’s belongings, including his shoes and jacket, were still in the home. The child’s biological mother was reportedly in the another state when he disappeared.

Lucas is described 4 feet tall and weighs around 60 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes, and was last seen wearing white socks, black pants, and a grey shirt with a teddy bear on the front. He also has a cleft palate and a speech impediment. His family reported that it’s not typical for the boy to wander off.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/02/...-on-little-boy-who-disappeared-from-his-home/

NOCLUE, Uno2Much, noZme and 2 others like this.
  4. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Not liking the sound of this one so far :sigh:

Lily, NOCLUE, Uno2Much and 5 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

"I know many in the community have shown willingness to come and take part in a search party, and we do appreciate the willingness of the citizens to come help us in this investigation. However, at this point we're asking citizens to share the information on their social media pages, and call the tip line with any information."

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Emergency Operations Command Center at 316-383-4661.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wichita-police-investigating-missing-child-case--474396903.html

6. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family pleading for missing Wichita boy's safe return

A family is pleading for answers and the safe return for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez.

"It's cold out. We don't know where he is. We want him home safely,” Hernandez’s cousin, Kristin Edson said.

Hernandez went missing from his bedroom Saturday afternoon while his stepmom says she was asleep.

Police, family members and friends spent hours overnight searching for him.

"It was devastating. You're hollering his name up and down the street. Telling him it's okay to come out. It's very hard to do. You never think it would happen to you until it happens and you just pray it never does,” Edson said.

The FBI, including their child abduction team, is assisting Wichita police on the search for Hernandez.

Hernandez's family says he's a smart, loving and shy little boy.

"He has a speech impediment so sometimes it's hard to understand what he's saying when he speaks, so we have a hard time understanding him,” Edson said.

Now they're just waiting and holding out hope for his safe return.

Police say for now the best way to help with the search is to share Lucas’s picture on social media.

http://www.kake.com/story/37534601/family-pleading-for-missing-wichita-boys-safe-return

8. Kimster

I feel sick with worry over this little guy. He touched my heart in his pictures! What a little sweetie.

NOCLUE, Uno2Much, Steve and 3 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

The media is awfully quiet for a missing five year old.
    LE quite clear that they don't think he wandered away. - All belongings including clothes and shoes at home. Not requesting searchers.
    Disappeared while caretaker was sleeping. So common.
    I don't like where this one is headed. Either he was abducted from the home at the most opportune time ever, or...

NOCLUE, Uno2Much, Steve and 4 others like this.
  10. Kimster

11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

48 hours and counting, the search continues to widen for missing 5-year-old Lucas

Forty-eight hours after 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez was reportedly last seen, Wichita police told media that he remained missing as officers continued to widen their search Monday.

The only new development that police relayed to media Monday afternoon was that police had extended their search to Dr. Glen Dey Park, near 25th and Grove. The search party there included four officers on horseback, one on an ATV and dozens of officers on foot in cold, damp weather under gray skies. Some of the officers walked in a line across grassy areas.

During a news conference at City Hall, closed for Presidents Day, Officer Charley Davidson said he could not provide any details about the investigation. He did confirm that officers had searched Chisholm Creek Park after their investigation led them there.

The parks lie on the north side of Wichita, about 5 miles from the southside rental home where Lucas’ family had just recently moved.

No arrests have been made, and Davidson never alluded to any suspicion of a crime. He repeatedly said that police, assisted by the FBI, were being thorough.

He asked for the public to help by sharing information about Lucas, including his “missing” poster, on Facebook. If anyone has information on Lucas or his whereabouts, police ask that they call the TIP LINE at 316-383-4661.

Some relatives have told The Eagle that they had previously reported concerns about Lucas’ welfare to the Kansas Department for Children and Families. One relative provided a letter showing that DCF was investigating as of May. A DCF spokeswoman wouldn’t comment Monday on any prior investigation.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200986659.html

NOCLUE, Uno2Much, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Parents of missing 5-year-old speak out
    [​IMG] By Ashonti Ford Published: February 19, 2018, 5:59 pm Updated: February 19, 2018, 6:01 pm

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The search for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez continues. He has now been missing for over 48 hours. Hernandez was last seen Saturday afternoon at his home on South Edgemoor. His stepmother says he was last seen, wearing a grey shirt, black sweats and while socks. Law enforcement’s original search was in Hernandez’s East Wichita neighborhood. That search has expanded nearly 6 miles away to Chisholm Trail Park on North Oliver.

Today KSN spoke with both Lucas’ biological mother and father who say they are extremely worried and anxious for their son’s return. I spoke with Lucas’s mother first. She arrived from El Dorado on Sunday. She tells me she lost custody of Lucas’ when he was 6 months old. To date, she says she has not seen her son since December of 2017 and hasn’t had regular contact with him in months. She is now pleading for the communities help to find her son.

“Find my son. He’s terrified of water so the fact that the search has moved to a park that’s surrounded by water, terrifies me. Lucas is a sweet boy; please find my son.”

KSN also spoke to Lucas’ father. He expressed hope for finding Lucas.

“Lucas is the sweetest, kindest, smartest most gentle little boy. He loves school, fishing, riding his bicycle and playing with his siblings. It makes me so proud to say I’m his father and that we love him very much. He’s a wonderful, helpful big brother. He’s never been the type to run off without asking permission to do so first. He’s must be terrified being away from his family with no way of finding us. Please, if anyone in the public has information on the whereabouts of Lucas, please contact the proper authorities. We are pleading for his safe and prompt return home! We will not stop searching for him until he is found! I’d like to thank law enforcement, the public, prayer groups, friends, family, and anyone keeping an extra diligent eye out for my son, Lucas. We are all hoping and praying. We love you Bubba”

Both parents say they are praying for their son’s speedy and safe return home. If you have any information about Lucas’ whereabouts, you’re asked to call (316) 267-2111.

http://ksn.com/2018/02/19/family-of-missing-5-year-old-speak-out/

14. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

So disturbing.

15. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

This sounded hinky from "last seen in his bedroom."
    What adult takes a shower in the middle of the afternoon while alone with 2 small children?
    Then the DCF involvement. Doesn't sound good at all. :(

16. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Looking over a map of the area, it’s full of buildings and such. If he really wandered off, he could be anywhere.
    But apparently he had no shoes, and it’s winter. Anyone know the weather conditions in Witchita on Saturday?

These cases always get me because my kids are around this age. I know they can go farther and faster than you might guess at first. And my kids love going barefoot. But really, if they went outside in the winter with no shoes, they would stop and cry within minutes. Not hours, minutes.

And yet, kids are unpredictable. So I can’t rule out wandering off. But it’s worth a couple points on the hinky meter. Then we have midday napping young step-mom, and the reports of relatives contacting DCF... I pray Lucas is out there somewhere, and that he’s safe. But he could be another Raul, where the initial story seems to be completely true and he wandered too far, or this could turn out like the Mariah Woods case :(

17. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Looks like it was a sunny day with a high around 60 and low of 30-32. Yeah, a child that age would certainly be lured to the outdoors on a day like that, but where would he have gone and not been seen. I understand that he may have difficulty communicating, but when it began getting cold he would want to go inside and I'm sure attract the attention of an adult. If someone took him in, I would think (unless it was a predator) they'd contact LE and LE would realize by now who he is. I don't want to think negatively, but an adult taking a shower in the middle of the day and then supposedly taking a nap while the kids are napping just doesn't make sense to me. :dunno: The woman may have taken a shower, but IMO to get rid of evidence. :( I hope I'm wrong.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/wichita-ks/67202/february-weather/348426

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/wichita/historic?month=2&year=2018

18. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

@Uno2Much all good points! And thank you for the weather info. Yeah 60 degrees would be hard to resist, so there’s that possibility, but I’m with you on the showering midday and napping. My wife or I can nap if we have to (usually only if we are ill), but only if the other one is there to watch the kids! Never solo.

I also prefer not to think negatively but it’s hard to avoid noticing the various features of the case that fit a certain profile of missing child cases :( I definitely hope we are wrong in that regard. Many prayers tonight for Lucas :vigil:

19. Kimster

The way this is being reported, it reminds me of the Haleigh Cummings case. I hope this has a good ending!

20. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

When one is in charge of little ones, who goes in and takes a shower and then a nap without first at least checking on the kids in between the shower and nap?