1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KS LUCAS HERNANDEZ: Missing from Wichita, KS - 17 Feb 2018 - Age 5 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Feb 18, 2018.

1. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

Where was this published? It's such a wonderfully written sentiment. I sure hope both parents receive all the emotional support they need.

spike, NOCLUE, Uno2Much and 2 others like this.
  2. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

3. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I was very surprised, but not surprised, by the news of EG's suicide. I really hope that somewhere in those three notes is the truth and an airtight confession. I honestly doubt that there was anyone else involved - I think that she was just a very hateful woman, possibly with a drug addiction, who could not control her anger. I listened to an interview with a friend of EG yesterday and the excuses and insinuations that Lucas's father had a part in her death made me angry. Poor sweet Lucas paid the price for her hate and now both families will live with all of this loss.

RIP Little Man :vigil: and may both families find peace in the future.

patsella, Uno2Much, noZme and 5 others like this.
  4. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

You worded this so well and succinctly, Trip!

such a sad situation all around...

:(

spike, Uno2Much, noZme and 3 others like this.
  5. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

Lucas Hernandez service open to public June 30

A memorial service for a 5-year-old Wichita boy whose body was found three months after he was reported missing will be open to the public.

A celebration of life for Lucas Hernandez will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, June 30, at the WSU Eugene M. Hughes Metropolitan Complex, which is located at 5015 East 29th Street North.

"We want to offer all those who have come to love our child the opportunity to grieve and say goodbye," the memorial announcement says.

http://www.kten.com/story/38389486/lucas-hernandez-service-open-to-public-june-30

*(The memorial announcement linked is a pdf)

patsella, Kimster, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Lucas Hernandez
    [​IMG]

Lucas was a child full of love, hope and joy. He brightened every life he touched and made the world a better place. He leaves behind his heartbroken parents, Jonathan Hernandez and Jamie Taylor-Orr; his sisters, Holly Taylor and Mia Hernandez; and brother, Easton Taylor. He also leaves behind maternal grandmother, Robin (Gramma) Taylor; great-uncle, Steve Lovensheimer; great-grandmother, Joan (Nana) Lovensheimer; maternal uncle, Jeremy Jones; aunt, Bethany (Uncle Bethany) Jones and cousin, Anthony Rodriguez; paternal grandmothers, Bobbie (Beej) Jo Santo and Cyndi (Ama) Heard of New Mexico; paternal great-grandparents, Glenn and Judith Heard, Jeannie (Mema) Houchin, Eugene and Jean Santo, Jo (Granny Jo) Bunch, and Tana Hernandez; paternal grandfathers, Joel Hernandez and Brian (Poncho) Santo of New Mexico; paternal aunts, Hayley Bruns, Chelssea (Aunt Sissy) Bratcher, Brianna (Bam-Bam) Santo; paternal uncles, Dustin Bracher and Anthony Santo and cousin Camden Santo. Lucas was preceded in death by great-grandfathers, Frank Lovensheimer and Gilbert Hernandez. He was also a treasured student of Mrs. Melissa Allen, of Beech Elementary School, a place he adored and a teacher he loved. Lucas was a wonder to behold, a smiling, funny, quirky, goofy boy who made each day better for those who had the honor of knowing him. He was the type of boy that could play with trucks and cars all day long, then drop everything so he could play dolls with his sister. He was kind, caring, and compassionate to all those around him, striving to show them how much they meant to him. As you can tell, from all the nicknames above, he had a special relationship with each and every one of us. He loved to cuddle and wrap his little body in the arms of those he adored. He could endlessly sit on a lap, being rocked and held. He wouldn't simply tell you that he loved you once. Instead, he would tell you over and over just to make sure you knew how special you were to him. Lucas embodied the best of us all. He was goodness and light in a tiny package. He was God's perfect child, gifted to us five years ago, and he will be missed by us all. It is impossible to express the true depth of despair our family is feeling. Lucas was the center of our universe, the focus of our lives. He was his daddy's little mini-me, but he was always momma's boy. We can't begin to imagine how to live our lives without him. A private family service for Lucas has been held, but we would love to offer our entire community the opportunity to help us say goodbye to our beautiful child at 1:00 PM on Saturday, June 30th. This service will be open to the Public, Community Leaders, Law Enforcement, Friends, Family and the Media. Public Memorial Service: WSU Eugene M. Hughes Metropolitan Complex, 5015 E. 29th St, Wichita, KS 67220.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansas/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=189295102

patsella, Uno2Much, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  7. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

‘I’ve got to move out this home I shared with Emily’: Lucas Hernandez’s dad says he faces daily harassment after tragic death of his only son [EXCLUSIVE]
    [​IMG]
    by Leigh Egan
    June 18, 2018

It’s been almost a month since the remains of missing Wichita boy, Lucas Hernandez, were found, but his father says it’s difficult for him to find closure because people to continue to follow him and drive by his house.

“They drive by to see if I’m home,” Jonathan Hernandez explained to CrimeOnline. “They put on Facebook that I’m in my back yard or that I’m home or when I’m not there. It’s constant.”

Hernandez is referring to random strangers who reportedly attempt to check on his whereabouts and what he’s doing, which started after his son, 5-year-old Lucas, was reported missing on February 17. Hernandez’s live-girlfriend, Emily Glass, was supposed to be taking care of the little boy when he disappeared. She initially told authorities she took a nap and when she woke up, Lucas was gone.

On May 24, private investigator David Marshburn found Lucas’ remains after Glass led him to a secluded location in Harvey County, Kansaes. Although Hernandez has never been considered a suspect in the disappearance or death of his son, he claimed that numerous people in Wichita, where he lives, continue to keep tabs on him, “sleuth” him, and insinuate he may have somehow been involved.

Hernandez said he pleaded with the public to allow him privacy to mourn, but the continuous harassment is too difficult to handle. He’s is the process of trying to find a new home in an attempt to avoid those who drive by house and post unsubstantiated rumors online, and also because it’s becoming increasingly difficult to live in a home where he lost his son and then later, his former girlfriend.

“I’ve got to move out this home I shared with Emily.”

The home in question was the residence where Lucas was last seen at and later became the residence where Glass, a person of interest in Lucas’ death, allegedly killed herself with a rifle. Although authorities have not officially ruled Glass’ death a suicide, Wichita officers announced that her death appears to be an “apparent suicide.” Hernandez said he no longer supported Glass after she led Marshburn to his son’s body.

[​IMG]
    Lucas Hernandez [Photo: Handout]
    The grieving father, however, said he has no plans on leaving Wichita. He’s seeking a new line of work that would allow him to stay local. Hernandez’s current job keeps him out of state for weeks at a time. His absence has made it difficult to obtain parental rights to his youngest child, 1-year-old Mia, who was taken into state custody when Glass was arrested in late February for child endangerment.
    “My job requires me to be out of town three weeks at a time. I want to be here for my daughter and do everything it takes to regain custody of her. That requires me to be available anytime for whatever the state needs or my daughter needs. I need to stay local now that I am her only parent and what I’ve got to do.”

Authorities still haven’t announced the Lucas’ official cause of death. Officials are currently waiting for the boy’s toxicology report results.

Meanwhile, a public memorial is scheduled for Lucas on June 30 at the Wichita State University Eugene M. Hughes Metropolitan Complex, located at 5015 E. 29th St. N, in Wichita. Flowers can be sent to the complex on June 29 and June 30. Hernandez reiterated that the media and public are allowed at Lucas’ memorial, but he doesn’t want anyone stopping by unannounced at his home.

Check back with CrimeOnline as we continue to provide updates.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/06/...arassment-after-tragic-death-of-his-only-son/

8. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

JMO..if he would quit granting interviews with certain MSM organizations then that might help.;)

NOCLUE, Kimster, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Who has Mia now?

Paradise, kdg411 and NOCLUE like this.
  10. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

As I last recall, she's still in the custody of Kansas DCFS.

Lily, Paradise, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  11. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Lucas Hernandez body found 1
    May 25, 2018 12:35 PM

PHOTOS: Body of Lucas Hernandez found

Father of Lucas Hernandez talks about the night he found Emily Glass dead
    Posted: Jun 22, 2018 1:04 PM EDT Updated: Jun 22, 2018 3:35 PM EDT
    written by KAKE News

[​IMG] WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
    The father of a 5-year-old boy whose body was found three months after he was reported missing is again opening up to Nancy Grace.

In a podcast that aired Friday, Johnathan Hernandez revealed what happened the night he found his girlfriend, 27-year-old Emily Glass, shot to death in her home.

Glass led private investigator David Marshburn to the body of Lucas Hernandez under a Harvey County bridge on May 24. A cause of death has yet to be released.

Community reacts to death of Emily Glass

Listen as Emily Glass leads investigator to Lucas Hernandez's body

Glass reported Lucas missing from their east Wichita home on February 17. She was arrested for felony obstruction of justice the night Lucas' body was found, but she was released from jail on May 30.

District Attorney Marc Bennett said that day charges had not been filed "while investigators continue to follow up on newly developed leads and await the results of forensic examinations."

In Friday's episode of "Crime Stories with Nancy Grace," Johnathan tells about the gun used and where it came from and what she said in a suicide note.

"She got my gun case out of my closet and took it into that back room with her," Johnathan told Grace. "The gun (a rifle) was laying next to her... She shot herself in the head."

Grace asked Johnathan what made of the three suicide noted police say they found in the home.

"The third one, they (police) did tell me, was rolled up and stuck inside of her engagement ring, and it said to give our daughter the ring when she gets older," Johnathan said, adding that police did not tell him what the other two notes said.

Johnathan also said why he allowed Glass to continue living at the home in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

Nancy Grace: "Why was she still there?"

Johnathan Hernandez: "She had nowhere else to go. After she led Marshburn to Lucas, her family was, you know, pretty upset with her, felt betrayed a little bit by, by her."

Nancy Grace: "So, even though you believed she had a hand in Lucas' death, you allowed her to still stay in the home."

Johnathan Hernandez: "Yes, ma'am."

Nancy Grace: "Why?"

Johnathan Hernandez: "Until the autopsy was gonna come back and whatever it said, I mean, it's still up in the air as far as if she did or if she didn't do anything other than hide his body. And so I wasn't, I wasn't going to just kick her out on the street. I mean, I wasn't staying there, so she was, you know, welcome to stay there as long as she needed."

The podcast aired on SiriusXM channel 132 at 11 a.m. Listen online here.

http://www.kake.com/story/38487411/...lks-about-the-night-he-found-emily-glass-dead

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

No.

NOCLUE, Uno2Much and Paradise like this.
  13. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

Again with this same MSM organization...are their guests compensated for their interview? Really? He just keeps adding fuel to the fire, IMO.

NOCLUE, patsella, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  14. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I'm behind on this case and just learned he was found. I didn't think it would end well, but had hoped I was wrong.
    RIP little dude. :vigil:

Lily, kdg411, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  15. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

That is what I'd like to know too. These killers usually place a body (sorry to be crude) where they are comfortable and believe it won't
    be easily found if at all. Also, to deflect the spotlight away from themselves.

That poor child never had a chance.

Lily, Uno2Much, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  16. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

The only thing she was sorry about is that she got caught. She could have stopped abusing that child at any time, but she chose to continue.

17. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Wow, I somehow evaded all of the news on this case since just after Lucas was found. It’s been quite an evening playing catch-up. I just hope that LE can figure out what really happened, for Lucas.

Paradise, NOCLUE and Uno2Much like this.
  18. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

So many twists and turns... Amirite? :eek:

Paradise, Uno2Much and Steve like this.
  19. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Autopsy reports leave Lucas Hernandez death ‘undetermined’, confirm Emily Glass’ suicide

by Nick Gosnell on June 27, 2018 at 1:33 PM (3 hours ago)

[​IMG]
    2Share
    Tweet
    0Share

The autopsy reports have been released for both Lucas Hernandez and the woman who likely last saw him alive.

The report says his cause of death is undetermined. No trauma was identified, but there wasn’t much soft tissue left to examine because of how long it took between his death and when they found his body. Hernandez was reported missing in February. His body was not found until May.

As for Emily Glass, the person who originally reported Lucas Hernandez missing and then led a private investigator to his body, Glass shot herself in the forehead with an AR-15 and died from that wound. She also had THC in her system. She tested negative for all other drugs.

Glass was found by her boyfriend, Joseph Hernandez, Lucas’ father, the morning of June 8.

https://www.wibwnewsnow.com/autopsy...ath-undetermined-confirm-emily-glass-suicide/

NOCLUE, Steve, Lily and 3 others like this.
  20. noZme

noZme Bronze Member