1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

PA LUZERNE COUNTY JANE DOE: WF, 34-47, found in Sugarloaf Township, PA - 20 December 1994

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1990 to 1999' started by Akoya, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Do the miners migrate from other areas to work?

Scorpio, spike and Akoya like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Looking4you and spike like this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

The old coal mining areas have nothing left to offer. Poverty is everywhere. Most of the younger generations have been leaving the area. There is no work and the environment is destroyed. The government has started the reclamation projects, but it will take many years. It's truly a beautiful region, but it has been ruined by the mines. The old mines are underground and they go for miles. Gases build up in the old mine tunnels and there are explosions and fires. It's very dangerous. The strip mines are on the surface and they have ruined the environment. The anthracite coal mines were a wonderful source of livelihood for immigrants coming from Europe in the early 1900s. The once booming mining towns are now ghost towns.

I do believe that Jane Doe was from this area because of her physical condition and lack of medical care. She also had an unidentified piece of metal in her jaw.

Scorpio, spike and Kimster like this.
  4. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

This is the condition of Sugarloaf Creek, near where Jane Doe was found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugarloaf_Creek

Sugarloaf Creek is considered to be impaired for aquatic life by acid mine drainage/pH in its upper reaches.[2] All of the acid mine drainage comes from the Oneida Number One Tunnel. The creek is one of the sources of acid mine drainage that flows into Tomhicken Creek.[4]

Sugarloaf Creek is highly acidic due to its impairment by acid mine drainage. It has a pH of 5.0 and the concentration of alkalinity in the creek is 0 milligrams per liter. The concentration of water hardness in the creek is greater than 150 milligrams per liter.[5]

Sugarloaf Creek experiences pollution.

5. Paaskeharen

Paaskeharen The Danish Thinker

i really hope, they find out who she is, be left/dumped at the mine, is so sad in so many levels.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018