1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA LYLE STEVIK: M, found at hotel in Grays Harbor County, WA - 17 Sept 2001 *Identified*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Advocate, Feb 10, 2016.

1. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

HIPPA is good and bad, isn't it. :)

I can see not releasing some things, but if someone is an UID for years then an exception could be
    made to help bring that person home and give them their name.
    I'd just ask for the top 4 front teeth, as that is what we generally see in photos.

On the very small chance "Lyle" turns out to be "Donald, but because Lyle later had that gap fixed we would
    exclude him because we can't see that with a photograph.
    I hope it makes sense where I'm going with this.

I have a filling on the side of a front tooth that you cannot tell with the naked eye, but it glows on an x-ray. :)

I understand LE is overwhelmed with cases, and time to work on these UIDs is limited.

Anyway, just throwing it out there. :)

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

You're right! And if my remains end up being UID for whatever reason, please tell them to release all the medical information so you guys can send me home!!!

3. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Same here. :)

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

5. Winterlong

Winterlong Member

A couple weeks ago, Lyle's Facebook page started a Go Fund Me page to have a professional age regression done of him, here it is:

Attached Files:

6. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

That is great news! I hope this younger "Lyle" brings about some new leads.

7. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

BTW, Welcome! Glad you joined us. :)

8. Winterlong

Winterlong Member

Thank you for the welcome! :)

9. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

*Moved or traveled, probably 5 times, in the 12 months preceding death
    *May have been in the area for 1-2 months, but could have also been another area with a similar climate
    *Prior to that he was in a warmer climate (lots of state possibilities)
    *Likely did not grow up in the northwest region
    *Lots of possibilities for where he DID actually grow up

Not nearly as specific as other isotope data I've seen.

11. Advocate

Agree. Here is their "Where Lyle Stevik May Have Spent His Childhood" map that was done 3 months ago. There's so many states.

http://imgur.com/TG099xa

12. Advocate

With where he grew up, I do wonder if maybe a military kid, that would explain it.

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

:giggle:

It's really not funny, but the wording on the map made me laugh.

14. Advocate

My eyes are bad but it looks like they forgot to add the gray to the guide

15. Advocate

16. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

17. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Interesting! So, there's a possibility that he was murdered? Do we know if DNA was extracted from the suicide note?

18. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

That was new to me too. The maid said she heard voices and didn't believe it was the TV.
    Nothing I've seen says anything about DNA via the note. There was a photo of the note and
    all it said was "suicide", nothing more.

I tend to believe it was suicide because of his behavior prior. He was seen pacing back and forth near the highway (101)
    and his odd behavior (as the maid has said). To me, that is him trying to work up the nerve to do it. Sometimes people
    feel they are in a desperate situation and see no other way out.

But I'm open to other theories and possibilities.
    I don't feel he had anything to do with 9-11, but who knows, at this point anything could be possible.

19. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

After seeing the photos from the "scene" I've decided it was suicide. I'm
    no longer entertaining the possibility of murder.
    Just my opinion. :)
    Always open to other ideas and theories.

This is one of the cases that stays with me.
    The other is the older woman who committed suicide
    in the cemetery near Christmas.

This case: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-cemetery-18-december-1996-graphic-pics.4929/

I keep hoping she will be ID'd but so far, no go.

20. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

Wow this thread is pretty quiet. But hopefully I can change this.

I recently did a facial reconstruction image of Lyle Stevik using an existing reconstruction image from Carl K. and also using his enhanced morgue photo that was edited to show what he had probably looked in life (death stare). Well with Carl's blessing, I posted these reconstruction images to Facebook and another forum in hopes that we can get it out and maybe someone will recognize him.

In my personal opinion, I feel as though these are probably the most liveliest of the reconstructions. I was able to add a very-life like smile to both images, as well as adding a very real-looking beard to the images. I used an app on the iPhone called FaceApp to do these reconstructions.

So far, I have received nothing but positive feedback from the images they have been shared quite a bit in the last few days. I encourage everyone to share the images and also provide feedback! Thanks!

Attached Files: