1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA LYLE STEVIK: M, found at hotel in Grays Harbor County, WA - 17 Sept 2001 *Identified*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Advocate, Feb 10, 2016.

1. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Good job!

2. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

Thank you guess! I've been starting to grow an interest in this case, considering I am only about 4 hours from Amanda Park. I'm hoping that one day I will have the time to really look at this case and help in anyway I can. Hopefully the reconstruction photos are a start.

3. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I've had a soft spot for this one for many years now.

4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Very nice work! I'll add yours to our media and get this on Twitter when I'm on a pc.

5. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Great job on the reconstructions. I so hope they bring in some more leads.
    I'm going to check out the app,
    Me too Guess Who. I really thought someone would have recognized him before now.

I'll look for your tweet and re-tweet it as well.

Trying multi-reply, I hope I didn't mess it up too bad. LOL

6. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

16 years ago today (September 17, 2001) "Lyle Stevik"was discovered in his motel room in Gray's Harbor, Washington.
    He had committed suicide by hanging himself in the closet.
    What could be so bad in his life that he felt his only option was to end it all.
    Why would he make sure there was nothing to identify him before he took his own life.

Just wanted to bring attention to his case on this day in hopes someone somewhere will recognize him
    and he can get his name back.

Akoya, Kimster, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  7. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

The holiday season is upon us and still no closer to "Lyle" having his real name back.

8. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Exciting news. Colleen Fitzpatrick and a gal named Margaret Press have started a new organization DNA Doe Project to help identify Does using DNA for family trees. See their web site below. They're hoping Lyles is one of their 1st cases. <snipped by staff. Fundraising must be preapproved>

http://dnadoeproject.org/index.php

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2018
  9. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

10. Advocate

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    spike, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  11. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

12. Advocate

They uploaded yesterday.
    They made about 3 posts with his ethnicity .

MicciStellaBoGi, spike and Kimster like this.
  13. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

This is wonderful news! Thank you Advocate for the update.

14. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Here is another reconstruction by Carl K.
    In this one he has longer hair.
    Thank you Carl for sharing your talent to help these people get their names back.

Attached Files:

15. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

The DNA Doe Project has really excited me! I’ve learned a lot about DNA through them I never knew before just because of the Lyle Stevik case. I’m looking forward to how this case pans out this year. I’m confident someone will have their boy “back home” around Christmas.

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  16. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I agree 100% that it would be great if he was ID'd by Christmas if not before.

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  17. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

I'm very excited about this project, they have already found some DNA relatives for Lyle from New Mexico. This could help investigators put together a family tree.

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  18. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

That is great news!
    Thank you for the update.

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Internet sleuths, DNA link John Doe to Northern New Mexico

A mysterious suicide at a Washington state hotel. An army of internet sleuths, working to identify the unknown man.

And now, a possible connection to New Mexico. The mystery of a man known only as Lyle Stevik — believed to be an alias — started in September of 2001, when authorities in Grays Harbor County, Wash., responded to an emergency call from the Lake Quinault Inn in the tiny town of Amanda Park.

Police found a hotel guest dead inside his room. Investigators quickly ruled the man’s death a suicide, said Lane Youmans, the former detective on the case for the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Department. But they didn’t get much further than that.

“The part that has stuck with me, is that we’ve never been able to identify this gentleman,” Youmans told The New Mexican last week.

20. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Thank you for the link and update Scorpio. Interesting read.