1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MO LYNN MESSER: Missing from Bloomsdale, MO - 8 July 2014 - Age 52 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Kimster, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

On the morning of July 8, 2014, Lynn Messer, 52, disappeared from the home she shared with her husband in rural Bloomsdale, Missouri. She left behind her cellphone, wallet and keys. Lynn has been described as devoutly religious and several Baptist groups have joined the search for her. The Facebook page 'Find Lynn Messer' has more than 7,000 'likes' and remains active with posts on the majority of holidays and on Lynn's birthday. The family asks hunters, hikers and farmers in the area to be on the lookout for any clues to what happened to Lynn. If you have any information about Lynn's whereabouts, please contact the Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff's Office at (573) 883-5820.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-america-unsolved-n472406

Lynn Messer.jpg

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ing-from-bloomsdale-missouri-since-2014.1079/

spike, MadgeS and STEADFAST like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Facebook - Find Lynn Messer - https://www.facebook.com/findlynnmesser

Lobbyist enlists hunters to search for missing wife
    Nov 2015

A Missouri Baptist lobbyist whose wife went missing 16 months ago is turning to deer hunters for help.

Messer said in a Facebook posting Nov. 14 that while anyone would report finding a body, many hunters might overlook less obvious clues, like unusual items found in odd places. Should they find something that piques their interest, Messer prescribed a three-pronged strategy: Don’t Touch! Document Location! Report to Local Law Enforcement!

https://baptistnews.com/ministry/pe...st-enlists-hunters-to-search-for-missing-wife

spike, STEADFAST and Kimster like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Bill would create Missouri Missing Persons Advocate, database to help close cases

The state legislature is being asked to create a new state government position and new requirements aimed at helping families cope when loved ones go missing. The idea is backed by a lobbyist who says he knows firsthand what those families face.

Kerry Messer is a lobbyist for Missouri Family Network. On July 8, 2014, he reported his wife Lynn missing. There was no sign of a struggle, she took nothing with her, and no trace of her has ever been found.

Messer told Missourinet he has learned what families of missing persons go through.

The legislation, Senate Bill 1078 sponsored by Senator Gary Romine (R-Farmington), would create the “Office of Missing Persons Advocate,” within the Missouri Office of Adminstration. The Advocate and a deputy would be appointed by the governor and face confirmation by the state Senate.

Part of that office’s responsibility, said Messer, would be to help families deal with the disappearance of a loved one.

http://www.missourinet.com/2016/03/...ersons-advocate-database-to-help-close-cases/

spike likes this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

On the Record: Messer answers questions raised about missing wife

“I’ve been accused of everything in the book. I’ve been accused of bailing my wife up in a bailer, I’ve been accused of burying her, I’ve been accused of feeding her to hogs – we don’t even own any hogs,” Messer said. “It’s taken me a long time dealing and being able to talk about some of that stuff. There are naysayers who continue to throw accusations out about people who disagree with my politics or positions on issues. People who know zero about Lynn and me.”

“If anything happens to me, I want him to marry Spring Thomas,” Lynn Messer reportedly told someone the day before she went missing.

“I found out, 11 months after Lynn disappeared, I found out that the people who knew, the law enforcement who knew, never told me that less than 12 hours from Lynn’s disappearance, she pulled someone aside and told them that if anything were to happen to her, I was supposed to marry this lady,” Messer said. “So, while she did disappear, it really, on top of all the other emotional toil and upset and everything, stuck in my mind. And that resulted in our starting of conversations. [Spring] was in a tailspin over it, because she knew nothing of it beforehand. Anyway, we weren’t talking marriage, but I was talking with her, because that was stuck in my head.”

http://themissouritimes.com/29221/record-messer-answers-questions-raised-missing-wife/

spike, STEADFAST and Kimster like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

NEW CLUES: Missing Ste. Genevieve Woman Lynn Messer

Two years after Lynn Messer vanished from her Ste. Genevieve County farm, her family is fighting over what really happened that night.

Husband Kerry Messer, 57, a conservative Jefferson City lobbyist, is revealing new details about a handwritten note it’s believed his then-52-year-old wife left behind.

“It’s some kind of a note of finality,” Kerry said, “but I don’t know what that means, and to this day I do not understand it.”

The Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff confirms the note is a piece of evidence in the case.

“The letter was analyzed by the FBI,” said Department Spokesman Major Jason Schott. “They cannot 100 percent say that it was her’s, but they feel possibly it was her’s.”

Kerry Messer says it’s a puzzling note that can be taken different ways.

“The first line was an apology,” Messer said. “‘It was an ‘I’m sorry to put you through this… I love you from the bottom of my heart.'”

From there, Kerry Messer said the note reveals “some conflicts she was going through,” but stopped short of declaring an intention of suicide.

“The most declarative thing was she signed the note, ‘Sorry Everyone,’ and that was it,” Messer said.

Abram Messer believes his father is hiding something.

“I see two possibilities,” Abram said. “Number one — that my mother walked out of the house, took her own life, and my father moved her body in an effort to protect himself or protect his assets, to protect the farm. Or, he was more directly involved.”

Kerry Messer denies any involvement in his wife’s disappearance, and speculates that she may have met with foul play while walking alone at night, or killed herself in some remote location.

The Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff tells KMOX no one has been eliminated as a possible suspect from what is described as an “active investigation.”

MORE: http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/07/07/new-clues-missing-ste-genevieve-woman/

spike, MadgeS, STEADFAST and 4 others like this.
  6. Kimster

How sad that his son feels his dad is involved in some way. :(

spike, Summer_breeze and Steve like this.
  7. STEADFAST

STEADFAST Well-Known Member

8. Kimster

spike likes this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Skeletal remains found on Messer farm

Sources in law enforcement have confirmed skeletal remains were located within the past 24 hours on property which belongs to Kerry Messer, husband of Lynn Messer who disappeared in the summer of 2014.

The Daily Journal has been in touch with Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff Gary Stolzer, who confirmed a hunter scouting for deer located the remains.

He told a Daily Journal reporter this morning that the FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation. He added it is way too early to confirm the remains are that of Lynn Messer.

Kerry Messer has remained a top suspect in the disappearance of his wife. He initially reported waking up one morning to find her gone from their house.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_1db9e834-a0f6-11e6-b4c4-cf415f5a34e8.html

Skeletal remains found in woods 'likely' those of Missouri lobbyist's wife missing since 2014

The skeletal remains found in eastern Missouri’s Ste. Genevieve County are probably those of a woman married to a prominent Missouri lobbyist, authorities said Wednesday.

Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff Gary Stolzer said a body found on the family farm Tuesday evening was “likely her.” The remains were spotted by the Messers’ son, who was scouting for deer Tuesday evening.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_9edf57d3-0b35-528d-9172-006088cc30e4.html

spike likes this.
  10. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Man, that is heartbreaking. Yet we hear this so many times.

spike likes this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kerry Messer speaks out about his missing wife’s remains being found

Kerry Messer, a prominent Missouri Lobbyist is on a fact-finding mission hoping to learn exactly how his wife, 52-year-old Lynn Messer died. Her body was found last Tuesday about mile from their home in a wooded area on their St. Genevieve County farm. Lynn Messer was reported missing July of 2014.

Messer believes his wife died of suicide. He keeps a copy of a note he says she left behind in his wallet.

The FBI is investigating.

The St. Louis County medical examiner is trying to determine the cause of death.

http://fox2now.com/2016/11/07/kerry-messer-speaks-out-about-his-missing-wife-remains-being-found/

spike likes this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kimster and spike like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Messer case still at standstill

The disappearance of Lynn Messer continues to be at a standstill as law enforcement officers await the results of additional forensic testing.

In late March the Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff’s Department received a report from the St. Louis County Chief Medical Examiner and Forensic Pathologist Dr. Mary Case. At that time Case determined that Lynn had in fact been exposed to the elements for the two-year time period she had been missing. During Case’s investigation she felt it would be beneficial to send off hair samples for toxicology testing, since nothing came back saying this is the absolutely definitive cause of death.

Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff’s Major Jason Schott said they are trying to determine as much information as they can from Lynn’s remains.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_64fb1cc6-a312-56a3-9a25-66f7672d1747.html

spike and Jay like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Finally watched the Disappeared episode about Lynn. Honestly don't know what to think.
    I do lean toward suicide. Thought some of her husband's actions were odd, I don't know that they were malicious. At least, I hope not.

15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

New developments in the Lynn Messer case come to light during vigil

There are new developments in the Lynn Messer case, the woman went missing five years ago Monday. She disappeared in 2014 in Ste. Genevieve County, her remains were discovered in 2016.

A vigil was held Monday at the county courthouse for the 52-year-old woman, people don’t want her to ever be forgotten.

Debra Donze is Lynn Messer’s sister, “It’s really hard on the boys and the grandkids one day she was there and the next day she wasn’t,” said Donze.

Friends and family of Lynn Messer wanted to send a message to the county prosecutor and sheriff. Abram Messer is Lynn’s son, “We want them to know we are supporting them and are so thankful that law enforcement has refused not to let go of this they are pursuing this,” said Messer. Carolyn Deevers is an advocate for abused women. She said, “We would like to see charges filed soon but not at the expense of the case.”

Abram Messer said Monday night, “We have a lot of confidence that now more than ever the atmosphere is building and the timing is coming very soon and we anticipate there being charges.”

Abram Messer can’t say why he’s so confident for fear of damaging the case.

The prosecutor has been in office for about 7 months. He said he’s hoping to meet with the lead detective in the investigation in a few weeks to review the case. After that happens people may learn if charges will be filed.

https://kplr11.com/2019/07/08/new-developments-in-the-lynn-messer-case-come-to-light-during-vigil/

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Still no answers on how Lynn Messer died

A candlelight prayer vigil commemorating the five-year anniversary of Lynn Messer's disappearance and death was held on Monday evening.

Friends, family members, and advocates calling for justice for Messer gathered outside the Ste. Genevieve County Prosecuting Attorney's Office on the front lawn of the county courthouse.

The vigil began at 7:30 p.m. with acoustic guitar and songs being played in Messer’s memory. A crowd of about 75 people held signs demanding answers and justice while they solemnly listened to the account of Messer’s disappearance.

"Many questions remain surrounding Lynn Messer’s death. How did Lynn die? How could a small woman with an injured toe and hip replacements walk through pouring down rain in a thunderstorm, in the dark of night, over muddy ground, and according to family members, have to avoid electric fences in the dark, and open and closed multiple heavy gates to arrive at her destination?” said Deevers. “Was it murder? If so, was it premeditated? If it was murder, was her body moved or somehow concealed to keep search and rescue from finding her?

“Trained dogs should have found her scent, especially after a few days of her remains being in the elements,” Deevers said. “How is it possible her remains were not discovered in the extreme heat of the summer in a location that had a marked grid/map for everywhere the search teams and search dogs had looked?"

https://dailyjournalonline.com/news...cle_087a6c18-ee0d-5d8c-8815-cb210adbe288.html