1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

AR MACHEAEL AL-OMARY: Missing from Jonesboro, AR - 14 August 1997 - Age 5 *Recovered*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Scorpio, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/missing-children/machael-alomary/12039059

Machael's photo has been age progressed to 18 years. She was allegedly abducted by her father, Abdulbaset A.M. Al-Omary. A federal warrant for International Parental Kidnapping was issued for the abductor on March 5, 2003. The child's full name is Machael Heidi Al-Omary. The abductor may travel to Saudi Arabia with the child. The abductor may use the alias first name of Abdul or Abdulbaset and the alias last names of Al-Jawdat, Omary, Al-Hedaithy, Al-Ghofaili or Saber.

Akoya likes this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://charleyproject.org/case/machael-heidi-al-omary
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Details of Disappearance

Machael was abducted by her non-custodial father, Abdulbaset Ahmed Mohammed Al-Omary. Her mother, Margaret McClain (sometimes given as "McClains"), dropped her off for visitation with Abdulbaset on August 12, 1997. The next day, Abdulbaset told his wife, Machael's stepmother, that he was taking Machael to Memphis, Tennessee for the day. They apparently never returned.

McClain claims to have received two telephone calls from Abdulbaset on August 14, the day he was supposed to return Machael. He told her that he and Machael were in Saudi Arabia and he would not return Machael until McClain agreed to drop all court actions and claims of child support against him, and allow him to have full custody of the child. McClain was allowed to talk to her her daughter for a few minutes. She says she never heard from Machael or Abdulbaset again.

Photographs of Abdulbaset are posted with this case summary. His date of birth is April 6, 1968, making him 29 years old at the time of Machael's abduction. He's Caucasian, 6'2 and between 230 and 240 pounds, with black hair and black eyes. Abdulbaset may use the alias first name Abdul and the alias last names Al-Jawdat, Omary, Al-Hedaithy, Al-Ghofaili and/or Saber. Some agencies spell his first name "Abdullbasset." He has a heavy, muscular build. He may have a full beard and mustache. He may wear his hair closely shaved. Abdulbaset has very long fingers which curve outward at the tips. He wears eyeglasses, usually the type that darken indoors. He speaks Arabic and English with a thick Arabic accent. Abdulbaset is a very religious Muslim. He has a master's degree in computer science from Arkansas State University and may be working as a computer programmer, operator or instructor. He has some teaching experience as a graduate assistant in mathematics. Abdulbaset enjoys archery. He has a violent temper, but he appears mild-mannered to people who do not know him.

Uno2Much and Akoya like this.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.newenglishreview.org/Je...n_Child_Kidnapped_in_Accordance_with_Shariah/

Gordon: When did you receive visitation rights to visit your daughter in Saudi Arabia and under what conditions?

McClain: The first time I visited Heidi was when she was 9 years old. The conditions were horrible because my ex-husband tried a ploy to keep me away from her. We were supposed to meet at the US Consulate in Dhahran. He and his thuggish brothers escaped to Riyadh, leaving a message that some uncle had died. (The uncle was alive and well.) The Consular officials were upset and embarrassed, and made sure that the Embassy in Riyadh was aware. They tracked Al-Omary down and set up a meeting. I sat in an SUV with an interpreter and a bodyguard as we sped across the desert for hours and hours in 130 degree temperatures. Every time the driver got out of the armored SUV, he checked underneath for bombs. First he showed up to the Holiday Inn without my daughter and sat there spewing insults at me for an hour. I kept asking about my daughter and started to walk out of the meeting. I was mad and let him know it to the point that the Consular officials feared that their efforts would end up in a big embarrassment. Finally, we had to follow Al-Omary to some house in the suburbs, where Heidi was playing ball in the basement. She was quiet and I talked to her for only a few minutes under the constant surveillance of her father. She said that she cried for a whole year because she missed me so much and said she wanted to come back home. Then the visit was over, ending on a sour note when Al-Omary censored all the toys, books, and other presents I had brought for Heidi.

Gordon: How many times did you visit her and when was the last time?

McClain: I have visited her three times. The last time she was 15 years old, and she indicated to me that she wanted to die for her religion. I lost hope of ever seeing her be a normal person again. She was brainwashed into thinking that suicide bombing was an acceptable way to practice her religion. She no longer wanted to come home. Another thing she said that made me fear for her life was when she described the Oasis bombing and massacre that happened near her school, which was under lockdown. No child, and especially a girl, is safe in that country.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/closed2018.php

• Machael Heidi Al-Omary
      [​IMG]

Machael Heidi Al-Omary (1819DFAR) went missing on August 14, 1997 in Jonesboro, Arkansas and according to The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - www.missingkids.com, has been recovered and no further information is available.