1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UT MACIN SMITH: Missing from St. George, UT - 01 Sept. 2015 - Age 17

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by fran, Sep 7, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

EXCLUSIVE: Missing Six Months; Macin’s Mom Speaks Out About Son’s Disappearance

On March 1, 2016, St. George teen Macin Smith will have been missing six months.

Speaking to Gephardt Daily at her home in St. George, Bratt-Smith said of his disappearance: “I could have never predicted it would have been six months. I didn’t think it would be a couple of days. There’s a piece of my heart out there.

“It’s ongoing. It’s a loss. My wish is that there will be answers sooner rather than later. Logically, he left a note. Logically, if he did what he said in the note, he’s not with us.

“Whatever was going on in his brain, I’m missing a piece of the puzzle. It doesn’t make sense.

“He’s loved unconditionally. Maybe he had to leave in order for that to be confirmed.”

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/new-intvw-macin-smith-missing-six-months/

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SIX MONTHS ON: Mother Of Missing Teen Macin Smith Makes Request Of Family, Friends

Tracey Bratt-Smith and Darrin Smith had an unusual request for their daughter’s 20th birthday Tuesday.

They’re marking the day by asking friends to invite 20 others to like Utah Center for Missing Children Facebook page.

An unusual commemoration perhaps?

Not so much, when one considers their youngest child out of a brood of six has been missing six months as of March 1.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/sixmonthsmacin/

MadgeS, Kimster and spike like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mom Writes Letter From Point Of View Of Missing St. George Teen Macin Smith: “I Wanted A Future”

The mom of missing St. George teen Macin Smith has written a letter from his point of view as the seven month anniversary of his disappearance approaches.

Dear Macin’s Army:

Have you seen me? I will be 18 in 17 days. I am 6’4″ and 200 lbs. I have size 14 feet. I stick out in a crowd even though I have rarely liked the spotlight. I have many family members and friends who miss me everyday.

On April 1 I will have been missing for 7 months. No one seems to know where I’ve been or what my intentions are. I love music. I love singing. I love Anime. I am an introvert. I get annoyed around large crowds. I only eat certain foods and will go without eating if I don’t have what I like. Sometimes my mom would need to remind me to eat, especially breakfast (least favorite meal).

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/macinsmithseven/

spike, Steve and GarAndMo49 like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

EXCLUSIVE: Mom Of Missing Teen Macin Smith Says He Is Still ‘A Dominating Presence’

On April Fool’s Day of last year, the tight-knit Smith family moved to St. George from Canada.

One year later, the first day of each month only reminds the family of the day 17-year-old son Macin went missing seven months ago.

This Saturday, a team from RRSAR St. George and Las Vegas will deploy to look for Macin. The organization’s Facebook page said: “We know that there are people who would like to help us and we appreciate this, but we are restricting this mission to our trained members only.”

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/macinsmithsevenmonths/

spike and GarAndMo49 like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

EXCLUSIVE: Parents Commemorate Missing Teen Macin Smith’s 18th Birthday: ‘Let’s Make It A Great Day’

The day a young person turns 18 and becomes an adult is one of the biggest milestones in the journey of a parent and child.

But for Tracey Bratt-Smith and Darrin Smith of St. George, today will be a day of both light and dark.

Their youngest child, Macin Darrin Smith, enters adulthood today, and they have absolutely no idea where he is.

http://gephardtdaily.com/top-stories/macinsmith18/

[​IMG]

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:vigil:

My heart goes out to them!

spike and GarAndMo49 like this.
  8. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MACIN! Please, please, if you read this, call home!

spike and Kimster like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

spike, GarAndMo49 and Kimster like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Rescue crews using animals to look for missing Utah teenager

Investigators are using specially trained animals as they search for clues in the search for a missing teenager.

Red Rock Search and Rescue has been looking for Macin Smith since the 18-year-old went missing last September while he was still a minor.

Now, team members now have about a dozen horses and dogs to help them.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/rescue-crews-using-animals-to-look-for-missing-utah-teenager

spike and Kimster like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

10 MONTHS ON: Mother Of Missing Teen Macin Smith Speaks About Loss: ‘The Pain Does Not Subside’

“One of the hardest things you will ever have to do, my dear, is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive,” reads a recent meme posted on Facebook by St. George mom Tracey Bratt-Smith.

And, yet, grieving the loss of a living person is exactly what Bratt-Smith and her husband Darrin Smith have been doing for the past 10 months.

This coming Friday marks 10 months to the day their youngest son, Macin Darrin Smith, 18, walked away from home when his parents thought he was on his way to school.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/ten-...-speaks-about-loss-the-pain-does-not-subside/

Paradise, Summer_breeze and spike like this.
  12. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

http://gephardtdaily.com/top-storie...ith-speaks-about-loss-we-are-all-left-behind/

By Daisy Blake -
    July 30, 2016

11 MONTHS ON: Mother of missing teen Macin Smith speaks about loss: ‘We are all left behind’

ST. GEORGE, Utah, July 30, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — “We will not give up searching for our son,” said St. George mom Tracey Bratt-Smith.

Her will to find 18-year-old Macin since he went missing has been unbreakable. But her faith has not had to carry her through just one day, one week, three months, or even six months. It has had to endure through fall, winter, spring, and now a seemingly endless summer.

13. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:vigil:

spike likes this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

GarAndMo49, spike and Kimster like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

EXCLUSIVE: Macin Smith’s parents discuss year of turmoil; father reveals he took lie detector test after son’s disappearance

St. George teenager Macin Smith will have been missing for one year on Sept. 1.

At a commemorative event in Liberty Park on Saturday morning, they spoke to Gephardt about the specific events leading up to Macin’s disappearance, their differing thoughts about where he is now, and the results of the lie detector test Darrin volunteered to take after hearing allegations that he may have harmed his son.

“I was waiting for him to get home from school, and I texted my wife at about 3 o’clock, 3:30, and I said, he didn’t come home. And so then we thought, OK, well he’s upset, maybe he’ll come home tonight, and he didn’t come home. Ten-thirty at night, we said, OK, he’s run away. That’s when we called the police.”

Macin did not take his cellphone, wallet or laptop, and he effectively vanished without a trace. Since then, Macin’s family and friends have been living in limbo with absolutely no solid evidence that Macin is alive or dead.

The event Saturday in Salt Lake City was organized with the help of Textwich, an organization that provides food for the homeless while simultaneously looking for the lost. Volunteers, including Macin’s parents and brothers and sisters, posted Macin’s “missing info” on the lunch sacks they handed out to the homeless, and handed out posters and fliers with his information on them. The group started the Bee Fed and Bee Found event in Liberty Park on Saturday morning, then moved to Pioneer Park in the afternoon.

“It’s been horrible,” Tracey said. “It’s been the worst year of our lives. Hard to describe in just a few minutes. It’s almost like we share grief, and we pass the torch along, and whoever is strong at the time comforts the other one. We have great family support, it’s just it’s been a process that’s been pretty trying.”

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/excl...k-lie-detector-test-after-sons-disappearance/

Paradise, spike and GarAndMo49 like this.
  16. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Since he and his fam had only moved 4 months prior to his disappearance could it be he ran away to meet friends from his previous city?

Paradise and spike like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Macin Smith's mother still hopes to find missing son alive

Despite her son being missing for more than a year, Macin Smith’s mother has not given up hope she will find him.

Now 18-years-old, Tracey Smith’s son may legally be an adult, but that hasn’t stopped her and her husband from continuing to look for him.

“Regardless of how old our family members get, you still want to know whether they’re safe and if they need help,” Tracey said. “Him turning 18 doesn’t make a difference for me.”

On Aug. 27, the Smiths made 500 lunches for the homeless and placed their son’s photo on each bag to help spread the word of his disappearance. That same day, two people approached the couple and said they had seen someone who looked like their son.

Tracey said neither person knew there was a $10,000 reward for her son with both describing the individual as being alone and writing song lyrics in a journal. The person was also seen on the same transit line by both people.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ne...-still-hopes-find-missing-son-alive/90327076/

spike likes this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

EXCLUSIVE: Macin Smith’s siblings speak for the first time about their turbulent year

At a commemorative event in Liberty Park for Macin, three of his five siblings and his brother-in-law opened up to Bill Gephardt about subjects including their differing thoughts about where he is now and the deep pain caused by his sudden and unexplained disappearance.

Macin’s sisters, Raycelan Hansen and Kailey Smith, brother, Dallan Smith, and Raycelan’s husband, Derek, spoke candidly on a subject that is still highly emotional for them.

“I’d like to think he’s around,” Kailey, 24, said. “I hope so every day. I change my mind all the time. I just hope for the best.”

The beliefs of Raycelan, 20 and closest in age to Macin, are changeable.

“It depends on the day if I’m feeling like he’s OK, or if I’m feeling like he’s not OK,” she said.

Their brother Dallan, 22, has a similar viewpoint to his mother.

“He could be anywhere. I think he’s safe, I think he’s OK,” he said.

http://gephardtdaily.com/special-re...or-the-first-time-about-their-turbulent-year/

spike likes this.
  19. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

My heart breaks for them.

Kimster and spike like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

13 MONTHS ON: Mom of missing teen Macin Smith speaks about possible sightings of her son

The mother of missing St. George teenager Macin Smith is convinced her son is still alive.

Tracey Bratt-Smith has told Gephardt Daily many times that she believes Macin, who went missing 13 months ago, is out there somewhere.

From the number of possible sightings there have been of her youngest son, who was 17 when he went missing, it would seem possible she is correct in her assumption.

“I remain hopeful in my heart, but sometimes my logical brain says differently that Macin is still out there. The cynical Tracey looks at the fact that there has been no Internet interaction or engagement from his email, social media or gaming system. For a boy that was addicted to the Internet, you would think there would be some electronic footprint. There has been none. So we keep searching, little by little. If we had unlimited resources, I would have a billboard of his face on every street corner.”

And as for her general state of mind 13 months on from Macin’s disappearance, Bratt-Smith likens moving forward without any concrete answers to an endurance race.

“I’m able to put on my superficial ‘everything’s okay’ for a while, but it is draining,” she said. “I try and function ‘normally,’ but a mother’s love for a child is so strong that it physically hurts everyday while there is a separation. No matter what you try to fill it with, the void is still there. Macin was loved by many and the ripple effect continues. I know he would have no idea, the impact his life has had on us. We will keep up the fight until we have some answers, but I think it’s going to be an endurance race that none of us signed up for.”

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/macinsmithsightings/

Uno2Much and Kimster like this.