1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UT MACKENZIE LUECK: Missing from Salt Lake City, UT - 17 June 2019 - Age 23 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

No problem since he's a named suspect and it's in the MSM.

spike, Paradise, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  2. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

I need to apologize as I gave a bit of misinformation. After hearing the news a minute ago, I realize they are NOT calling this person a 'suspect,' but a 'PERSON OF INTEREST.' I guess I should have waited until I saw the details in writing rather than memory, LOL. Whenever I make a mistake now, I just tell my kids that "I'm old!!" ;) haha!!

Sorry guys.
    fran

PS.... Oh and fwiw, LE gave out all the home information, location etc, at the time of the news conference, so I don't see why you can't post it. It is what it is. ............. fran

Looking4you, daisy7, spike and 4 others like this.
  3. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

spike, Paradise, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  4. KareBear

Ok thanks!! I reposted it :)

Now.. where, oh where, is this mattress that the home owner recently got rid of?? o_O Very suspicious!

spike, Paradise, Whatsnext and 4 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Did he burn it?

spike, Paradise, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  6. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

The mattress? No, he gave it away on Letgo. I believe LE are trying to locate the person(s) who picked it up. HTH

7. fran

8. fran

MacKenzie Lueck: What we know about the home police searched

SALT LAKE CITY — A Sandy woman is giving a better understanding and insight into a house police extensively searched in relation to missing University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck.

Police served a search warrant on a home in the Fairpark area of Salt Lake City Wednesday afternoon, and poured over the property for hours. They were seen going through a burn pile in the backyard, where neighbors said the owner of the home had been burning 'strong-smelling' fires in recent days.

Investigators placed items in evidence bags of every size. They towed the homeowner's car away, and also went through the garage.

Police finished hauling out evidence and took down the yellow tape on Thursday.

The owner of the home, who Salt Lake City Police have not publicly identified, is a person of interest in Lueck’s disappearance.

Tara Chatterton said her co-workers were talking about what happened when she came to work Thursday morning. She realized that she recognized the home.

“I saw images of the house, and I was like, ‘Wow!’” she said.

Chatterton said the homeowner hired her in March to clean his home.

“It's just like a basic wipe down of cleaning the house,” she explained. “I talked to him for an hour and a half while I was cleaning, so he was really nice and polite.”

She was shocked to see the home—and person she met—now part of a police investigation into a missing woman.

In addition to cleaning the man’s home, Chatterton said she also cleaned his Airbnb unit in the home’s basement. She described seeing something of note, that she indicated she hopes can help police in her investigation.

“There was cameras everywhere in the house,” she said. “In the master bedroom, there was three cameras in there.”

She said the cameras were set up in the master bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining room and downstairs in the Airbnb unit.

Airbnb said Thursday the listing was not active.

A man stopped by the home Thursday, saying he was staying through Airbnb and had checked in the previous Friday. The man said he didn't notice anything suspicious with the home or home owner.

He went inside to collect his belongings, and leave.

The owner of the home is not in police custody. Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown said they are hoping to find the person who picked up a mattress and box spring from the home, which they said were given away. The homeowner had apparently recently advertised that he was giving away a mattress and box spring, posting two different ads for each item.

A shipment labeled as an adjustable massage bed arrived at the home Thursday.

Police said they received hundreds of mattress-related tips on Thursday, and they reiterated Thursday evening that they are only looking to speak to the specific people who personally picked up the mattress or box spring from the Salt Lake City home.

Salt Lake City Police said Thursday the next step is to test and analyze the evidence collected at the home.

Everyone, including Chatterton, is hoping police are getting closer to finding MacKenzie.

“Scary, yeah,” Chatterton said. “I hope she's found.”

https://fox13now.com/2019/06/27/mackenzie-lueck-what-we-know-about-the-home-police-searched/

9. fran

Neighbor of 'person of interest' in student's disappearance says 'many women' frequent his home

A neighbor of the man Salt Lake City police said is a person of interest in the disappearance of the University of Utah student told Fox News on Thursday that “many women” frequent his home.

“There were always so many women coming in and out at all hours of the night,” the neighbor, who did not want to be identified, told Fox News.

Police searched the Salt Lake City home of the man they said is a "person of interest" for about 19 hours for clues on the whereabouts of missing college student Mackenzie Lueckon Wednesday and Thursday.

Police said they are also looking for a mattress and box spring removed from the home last week.

“Sometimes they’d [the women would] knock on my door because they were looking for the address since he has an Airbnb,” the neighbor said Thursday, adding that that the “person of interest” did not interact with the neighbors and “very much kept to himself.”

Lueck, 23, was last seen meeting an unknown individual around 3 a.m. on June 17 at a park in Salt Lake City after being dropped off by a Lyft driver. She hailed the ride after flying in from Los Angeles – where she had attended her grandmother’s funeral – and has not been heard from since.

Police said the Lyft driver has been cleared in the case and told them Lueck did not seem distressed on her way to the park. Two of Lueck's friends told Fox News that they don't believe that she would intend to go to the park at 3 a.m. Friends told Fox News that there was activity on her Instagram account on Wednesday at about noon. They said they took a screengrab that showed her account following a new account and turned it over to police.

“The owner of the residence where we served the warrant last night is a person of interest," Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown said at a press conference Thursday. He added that no arrests have been made in what he says is still a missing-person case. The homeowner is not in custody and his name was not made public.

Another neighbor, Tom Camomile, defended the “person of interest” calling him a “professional man” and a “nice guy.”

“I’m surprised because I wouldn’t take him for that but then we never really know who, what, when, where, or why but I would be really, really surprised if it turns out that he is actually involved in it,” Camomile told Fox News.

Brown said detectives spoke with their person of interest.

When asked if Brown is concerned about Lueck’s life, he answered, “I absolutely am.”

[​IMG]
    A box was delivered on Thursday to the home of the man police said is a "person of interest" in the disappearance
    of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck. The box appeared to hold one or more parts of a bed, but police --
    who were taking pictures of it -- wouldn't confirm what was inside.

Appearing on “The Story with Martha MacCallum” on Thursday night, Brown said every hour investigators are getting closer to figuring out what happened in the case.

“There's still a lot to go through,” Brown added.

“We found out through a tip that this person of interest either gave away or sold a mattress and box spring last week,” Brown told MacCallum, adding that both items did not go to the same person.

He asked that the people who picked up the mattress and the box spring contact the Salt Lake City Police Department.

“We would love to get our hands on those so that we can process them for any additional evidence.”

Neighbors who spoke to the Salt Lake Tribune said they recently saw the homeowner burning something in his backyard, and smoke from the fire was traveling into their windows.

Camomile told reporters he did not smell the fire that other neighbors reportedly smelled.

“I know there’s a lot of talk about this fire. I have only heard from other neighbors in the neighborhood of this fire," Camomile said. "I’m as close to his home as you can get. I did not see it, hear it, smell it, although neighbors claimed that they saw smoke and smelled a bad odor or a real thick smoky odor.”

The home police have been searching is about five miles from the park.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/neighbor...ance-says-many-women-frequent-his-home-police

Looking4you, daisy7, spike and 7 others like this.
  10. KareBear

Is it normal to have cameras inside of a BNB? I understand having a few for security at entrances and exteriors, but why inside the BNB part? That would creep me out if I was the renter.. On the plus side, hopefully their is some useful footage for LE:praying:

11. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Per a lot of the rental agreements, the owner must disclose to the renters that cameras are in there or the owner can be banned from renting.

12. Kimster

So this guy was running out places to stay? Didn't Mackenzie live in Salt Lake City? Did she have roommates?

kdg411, spike, Cousin Dupree and 4 others like this.
  13. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/macken...ion-moving-very-fast-after-property-searched/

Ammunition found at home in search for missing Utah student as investigation moves "very fast"

JUNE 28, 2019 / 7:30 AM / CBS NEWS

Police investigating the disappearance of 23-year-old University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck are examining evidence seized from a Salt Lake City home whose owner is considered a "person of interest." After a 19-hour search, police say their investigation is "moving very fast." Boxes of ammunition were among multiple items removed during an hours-long search Thursday.

The police chief told CBS News' Jonathan Vigliotti they were led to the property by digital footprints. Cadaver dogs were brought in to carry out the search and although it's unclear if those dogs picked up any human scent, the police chief did say investigators took several items that would be tested for DNA.

Police said they're still looking for a mattress and a box spring that were given away by someone at the home last week. Investigators haven't named or arrested the homeowner but court and property documents show he's a divorced 31-year-old with no criminal record in Utah.

Asked if he knows whether the homeowner had any connection or communication with Lueck, Salt Lake City police chief Mike Brown said, "I think they spent several hours talking to him. As far as communication, we wouldn't divulge that right now … we'll hold those cards close to our vest and that's still part of our investigation."

It's been 11 days since Lueck landed at the Salt Lake City airport. She took a ride-share from there to a park about 11 miles away around 3 a.m. Police say she then got into another car and hasn't been heard from since.

Her friends and family continue to plead for her safe return. Her friend Juliana Cauley said "it's been extremely hard. I have my moments where I break down."

Police say they've received more than 200 tips related to the case and the search warrant at the home was one of several they've served. They also towed a car from the property, saying there were items inside they wanted to examine.

First published on June 28, 2019 / 7:30 AM

Looking4you, daisy7, kdg411 and 6 others like this.
  14. fran

Just in on Fox News: ............... ARREST MADE!! ............... News conference in approximately 1 Hour!!

kdg411, spike, noZme and 7 others like this.
  15. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

Arrests made....news conference coming up shortly.

1 person in custody in case of missing Utah student MacKenzie Lueck: Police

https://abcnews.go.com/US/person-custody-case-missing-utah-student-mackenzie-lueck/story?id=64017025
    Jun 28, 2019, 12:22 PM ET

One person was taken into custody Friday morning in the mysterious case of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, Salt Lake City police said Friday.

Lueck, 23, was last seen in the early hours of June 17.

This story is developing. Please check back for more updates.

Another story

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...-of-missing-utah-student-mackenzie-lueck.html

ByPat Reavy@DNewsCrimeTeam
    Published: June 28, 2019 9:39 amUpdated: 4 minutes ago

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police took one man into custody Friday in connection with the disappearance of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck.

The man and a second man were taken into custody about 9:20 a.m. at an apartment complex at 1028 S. West Temple. Police later said on Twitter that only one person was taken into custody in the case.

The men were seen outside the apartment complex walking toward a police SWAT team with their hands over their heads and they were then put into handcuffs.

A press conference is scheduled for 11:30 a.m.

KareBear, Looking4you, daisy7 and 9 others like this.
  16. KareBear

Screenshot_20190628-122756_Chrome.jpg

By Pat Reavy | UPDATED - Jun 28th, 2019 @ 10:19am | Posted - Jun 28th, 2019 @ 9:40am

UPDATE: Police confirmed they have taken one person into custody in connection with the case of missing Utah student MacKenzie Lueck.

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police took one man into custody Friday in connection with the disappearance of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck.
    *snip* ✂️
    Salt Lake police announced Thursday that the owner of a house in the Fairpark neighborhood, 31, is considered a "person of interest" in the disappearance of Lueck.
    It was not immediately clear if one of the men is the homeowner.
    Police spent an active Wednesday evening working through the night collecting evidence at a home in Salt Lake City at 547 N. 1000 West.
    *snip*✂️
    Texts and social media have become a focus on the investigation. There has been attention given to dating apps Lueck was allegedly on, including at least one that connects "sugar babies" with "sugar daddies."
    More information will be posted throughout the day as more information becomes available.
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46583923/police-1-taken-into-custody-in-mackenzie-lueck-case

Looking4you, kdg411, spike and 7 others like this.
  17. KareBear

Friends of Mackenzie Lueck spot activity on her Instagram account, turn over to authorities
    By Cristina Corbin Danielle Wallace Fox News

The friends of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck told Fox News that they spotted activity on her Instagram account on Wednesday and turned the information over to authorities.

Lueck’s personal Instagram account liked a page called “fatherless,” around noon, and her friends quickly took screengrabs to document the activity. They said detectives also have the screenshot after they turned it over to police. The @fatherless handle had more than 47,000 followers as of early Friday but was only following 15 accounts—not including that of Lueck.

Lueck, 23, was last seen meeting an unknown individual around 3 a.m. on June 17 at a park in Salt Lake City after being dropped off by a Lyft driver. She hailed the ride after flying in from Los Angeles – where she had attended her grandmother’s funeral – and has not been heard from since. *snip* ✂️

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mackenzie-lueck-activity-instagram-account-university-utah.amp

Looking4you, kdg411, spike and 7 others like this.
  18. fran

Live report on Fox, reporter said medical examiner arrived.

Not good sign,
    fran

Looking4you, spike, noZme and 5 others like this.
  19. KareBear

:sadness: uh oh., not good at all..

spike, noZme, Cousin Dupree and 3 others like this.
  20. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

The fact that they made an arrest gives me hope that they have strong evidence . Let's hope that at least there will be justice for Mackenzie.:(

KareBear, Looking4you, spike and 3 others like this.