1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

PORTUGAL MADELEINE MCCANN: Missing from Praia da Luz, Portugal - 3 May 2007 - Age 3

Discussion in 'Europe: Missing & Unidentified' started by Kimster, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

[​IMG]
    Can you see the slight black line in her right eye that would make it very unlikely
    And the girl in rome is about 20 Madaline would only be 13

Imamazed, Akoya, MULDER and 2 others like this.
  2. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Whats your take @Ladyslug on what happened to little Madeline?
    It was big news here when she disappeared. And still makes the Australian news alerts occasionally when there have been alleged sightings of her.

Akoya, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  3. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh that's right. I forgot.
    Thank you!

Akoya, MULDER, MissyMoo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

It's a tricky one I never understood why the parents left 3 young children alone like that, most people I know all said similar either have one of the other couples older kids looking after all the kids or use the hotels baby sitting service, or have an earlier meal and have the kids with you.
    But never been convinced that it was the parents either, the way the police handled the case seemed odd there were alot of tips that they didn't seem to check out straight away.
    And there were several people who it came out later had some level of SO status that didn't seem to be looked at.

Akoya, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 4 others like this.
  5. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks @Ladyslug - agree i never understood that either, that desicion will haunt them forever for sure.
    That age progressed picture of her is exactly what i imagine she would look like now.

I didnt think the parents were involved, mainly because they let their mates do the random checks on the kids, that never sounded like part of a cover up plan to me.

Akoya, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  6. spike

spike Bronze Member

I have never suspected the parents.
    It is upsetting that they left small children unattended, but I have noticed many unsuspecting parents do this.:(

Akoya, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  7. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I don't really think the parents are guilty of anything but bad judgement. But they were sooooo far away! I don't understand the logic of that at all.

Akoya, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

MOG! IT DOES!!

Akoya, MULDER, Ladyslug and 1 other person like this.
  9. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

@Ladyslug im asking you all my questions because i know your in the UK, sorry mate.
    With that eye bleed was that the result of an injury (that would have eventually cleared up like a broken capillary or something?) Or was it permanent? I cant see mention of that in the links, it talks about it but doesnt say if it was there for good?

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

As far as I know it was permanent as I recall them saying they could do a lot to change her appearance but not do anything about her eye will have a look see if i can find link to back that up.

Akoya, MULDER and spike like this.
  11. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

The blemish is called a coloboma of the iris. Its precise incidence is not recorded in the UK, but figures suggest it occurs in about 0.007% of the population. A 1989 study in China found two cases in a survey of 26,512 children under 12 years of age. That would mean a prevalence of 7.5 per 100,000.

In the UK, cases of coloboma are lumped in with two other congenital eye defects - microphthalmia and anophthalmia - says the Micro and Anophthalmic Children's Society (Macs).

"There are about three to seven babies every 100,000 live births, born with any one of these defects," says a spokeswoman for the society, although "coloboma is more common than the other two conditions."

A coloboma occurs when the eye fails to develop fully while the baby is in the womb. It leaves part of the structure missing, creating a gap.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7256513.stm

Lambchop, Akoya, MULDER and 3 others like this.
  12. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks Ladyslug i hadnt heard of that condition before.
    Ive been reading the findmadeleine www since you replied, her mum and dad have set it up, its a bit heartbreaking.

Akoya, Kimster, MULDER and 2 others like this.
  13. Flossy

Flossy New Member

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Parents of Madeline McCann lose legal challenge

The lead officer in the Madeleine McCann case will not have to pay compensation to her parents over a book he wrote about her disappearance.

Portugal's Supreme Court has ruled that Kate and Gerry McCann cannot sue former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral for libel.

Last April Mr Amaral, who had claimed that Mr and Mrs McCann were involved in their daughter's disappearance, won an appeal against his libel conviction.

After that, lawyers for the McCanns took the case to Portugal's top court.

In 2015, Mr Amaral was ordered to pay 606,000 euros to the couple as their two-year libel trial came to an end.

Now, Portugal's Supreme Court has decided that the allegations are protected under laws covering freedom of expression, the AP news agency reported.

Judges have decided that Mr Amaral's claims were not abusive and remained "within acceptable limits in an open and democratic society".

http://www.newstalk.com/Parents-of-Madeline-McCann-lose-legal-challenge

Olenna, Ladyslug, spike and 5 others like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

New legal battle for McCanns against claims they faked Madeleine’s abduction

Kate and Gerry McCann will continue their legal battle against claims they faked their daughter’s abduction.

The couple previously lost their appeal to the Portuguese Supreme Court over a book by former police chief Goncalo Amaral, which claimed Madeline McCann ‘died’ and her ‘abduction’ was a cover-up.

Courts had reversed a libel win against the author in 2016 and the highest court in the land supported the reversal.

The parents of Maddie, who went missing in 2007 from an apartment in Praia da Luz, have lodged a formal complaint against the ruling.

Isabel Duarte, their Portuguese lawyer, confirmed: ‘We delivered it’.

It has been reported that Kate and Gerry are thinking of taking the case to the European Court of Human Rights.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/19/new-l...aims-they-faked-madeleines-abduction-6458128/

Olenna, MULDER, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  16. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh for cryin' out loud.

Akoya, MULDER and Ladyslug like this.
  17. Olenna

Olenna Chief Justice of the Forum on Checks & Balances

Noticed Maddie's case in the "news". Came to check out her thread. No news other than the constant litigations the McMann's engage in to protect their name and reputation ... maybe that's their way to keep Maddie's pictures published and keep her case in people's minds ...

It's so terribly sad to see that Maddie's case was manipulated for US political-conspiracy-election purposes back in Nov/Dec. (#pizzagate?!)
    MSM links is the normal standard for CW's missing children's public threads. Maybe a clean up of US election political conspiracy links this thread - out of respect for Maddie - would be nice?

So much of the "news" about Maddie is just tabloid fodder ... but co-opting and manipulating a missing child's fame for political purposes is beyond the pale, IMO.

MULDER, Akoya, Ladyslug and 1 other person like this.
  18. spike

spike Bronze Member

Olenna...forgive me...not feeling well today.
    Do you consider the McCanns guilty?
    I'm not understanding your post.
    Thank you.
    Please, not being sarcastic, seriously trying to understand what you posted.

MULDER, Akoya and Olenna like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I've removed several posts discussing US politics. That doesn't belong here.
    Even with as small of a forum as we are, we don't see every post. And if we do, we might overlook it. If you guys see a problem, alert the post and let us know. Don't assume we saw it and ignored it.
    Looks like I posted a link to what looks like a "tabloid" site upon further inspection. But as dozens of other sits also carried the same information, it seems legitimate so I'm going to leave it for now.

MULDER, spike, Olenna and 3 others like this.
  20. Olenna

Olenna Chief Justice of the Forum on Checks & Balances

Hi Spike -

Sorry. I just mean that the McCanns litigations ($$$$$) keep Maddie's case in the news. There's not much else going on to keep Maddie's case in the news. Sigh.

It's been so long for this poor family to suffer all these indignities. They've fought so hard that I think they could choose not to litigate, and I don't think anyone would blame them.

The rest of my post was just housekeeping.
    BTW - Thanks @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed. :thankyou:

Hope you feel better soon, Spike. :therethere: I got my flu shot, but I have a whopper of a cold right now, in spite of the unseasonbly warm weather here.

Imamazed, MULDER, spike and 2 others like this.