1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

PORTUGAL MADELEINE MCCANN: Missing from Praia da Luz, Portugal - 3 May 2007 - Age 3

Discussion in 'Europe: Missing & Unidentified' started by Kimster, Mar 9, 2016.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

I thought that was how you felt.
    Hope you feel better.
    I have had a dreadful headegg for 4 days now and not getting better.:sick:

JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE AND HER FAMILY.

Akoya, MULDER and Ladyslug like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

McCann mystery: Investigator says Maddie 'could be living with captor, not know she is missing'

Dave Edgar, who worked with Kate and Gerry McCann for three years, believes the UK toddler could be living in plain sight on an isolated property just kilometres from the Portugal hotel where she went missing in 2007.

“There is every possibility that Madeleine is still alive and could be being hidden somewhere,” Mr Edgar told the Express.

“When you get up beyond the main strip of the Algarve there’s countless isolated properties where Madeleine could be being held.”

As the 10th anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance approaches, Mr Edgar said he believes the person responsible for Maddie's disappearance may have confided in someone at some point.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...g-with-captor-and-unaware-shes-missing/#page1

Madeleine McCann News: Former Detective Dave Edgar Believes She Is ‘Being Held Captive On The Algarve’

Missing Madeleine McCann could have spent the last ten years in an isolated property just miles from where she went missing, a retired police detective who once worked for her family has said.

Former Det Insp Dave Edgar said he believes Maddie is still alive, possibly hidden in plain sight on Portugal’s Algarve with no memory of her real identity.

Speaking to the Sunday Express, Edgar said: “There is every possibility that Madeleine is still alive and could be being hidden somewhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...live-held-captive_uk_58ea6a0ae4b058f0a02fe9a5

Akoya, MULDER and spike like this.
  3. spike

spike Bronze Member

These poor parents.
    Anybody could say this. IMO

4. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

I have to say, at one point there, I thought Maddie was located very close to the airport.
    I wrote about this somewhere, but cant remember which forum or website.
    Since then, I have had many computers, so I cant find my referencing - there were weeks of work to get to that conclusion, but that was some time ago.
    I had other theories after that as well, but that was years ago.
    I just remember clearly, the airport being a place I was really puzzled about (even though thats where I thought the location must be).

Ladyslug, Kimster, Scorpio and 3 others like this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

Interesting, Mulder.
    I don't understand why this would come out now?
    Hope you can find that info!

6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The nanny is speaking out for the first time:

The nanny said that Madeleine's parents were devastated and in total panic over their daughter's disappearance.

"She was crying, but almost in a catatonic state, and Gerry was very distressed. That’s the one thing I really remember from him, looking under the cars. I can’t forget that," she said. "We were told to start looking in bins in case her body was in there. It was at that point we [realized] this was serious."

The nanny said she went through trash bins by hand to look for Madeleine, and walked the streets of the resort until 5 a.m.

Years later, the nanny said she was angry with Portuguese police - who she said took an hour and a half to arrive to the scene after Madeleine was reported missing. She added that people were in and out of the apartment that the girl disappeared from, which could have contaminated a potential crime scene.

Much more at link: http://www.americanow.com/story/cri...ne-mccanns-nanny-comes-forward-after-10-years

spike, MULDER, Scorpio and 3 others like this.
  7. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39706194

Police investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance say a critical line of inquiry is still being pursued, 10 years after she went missing.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said they still hoped they could provide answers to what happened.

Three-year-old Madeleine disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May, 2007.

Her mother Kate described the approaching 10th anniversary as a "horrible marker of time, stolen time".

Asked if police were any closer to solving the case than they were six years ago, Mr Rowley said: "I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it's worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we've gone through it I won't know whether we are going to get there or not."

Scorpio, spike, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  8. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08pmtb1/panorama-madeleine-mccann-10-years-on

don't know if this works outside the uk
    but there was a documentary

there was some footage from the dogs ,that they used in the apartment and the car
    i remeber reports that the dogs had alerted to several things, one being the cuddly toy but the video
    shows the dog grab the toy then run past it several times this dog did alert in other places
    but it doesn't say if it was the cadaver dog or blood dog as they had both.

Akoya and MULDER like this.
  9. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Doesn't work for me - only available in the UK.

but its here on Youtube -
    I did post up one of the same videos but it had problems -
    this is the 2nd one, and shouldn't have any problems.

Akoya, Lily and Ladyslug like this.
  10. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Thanks for finding that didn't think it would work outside uk but posted just in case.

Akoya and MULDER like this.
  11. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I have never thought the McCanns harmed their little girl... or that the whole dinner party crowd conspired to sell her to the sex trade, ffs.. some of the wretched nonsense that's been said about these people over the years, smh is all I can say.

It might sound horrible but I do and do not hope they find her alive (if she was indeed taken by traffickers). 10 years with traffickers.. even an adult could not come out of that whole, imagine what horrors a child must go through. I don't want to imagine it. :(

Akoya, MULDER and Ladyslug like this.
  12. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/34600...anny-nurse-woman-purple-disappearance-theory/

CHILLING DISGUISE Madeleine McCann suspect ‘may have been a woman dressed as a nurse’ claims criminal psychologist as cops hunt mystery ‘woman in purple’
    Mike Berry said 'possibility abductor was female' as Brit gran claims woman was just staring at the building where Maddie was sleeping

By Lauren Fruen
    2nd May 2017, 11:07 am Updated: 2nd May 2017, 12:31 pm

A TOP criminal psychologist has claimed that the prime suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann may have been a WOMAN dressed as a nurse to avoid suspicion.

The Sun Online yesterday revealed a mysterious “woman in purple” is the focus of British cops’ investigations after a female was spotted loitering outside the apartment from where the tot went missing.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun Online clinical forensic psychologist Mike Berry said he would “put forward the possibility that the abductor was a female”.

Mr Berry, who lectures at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, said: “There has, over the last few years, been an increased recognition that females can also be sex offenders either on their own or with a male partner.

“They might have been in some sort of uniform – a nanny or a nurse – to make themselves look less suspicious.”

Jenny Murat claims she saw a mysterious woman in purple on the night Madeline McCann went missing

[​IMG]

Ladyslug and MULDER like this.
  13. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I'm with you on that. The thing i do think they are guilty of is leaving them in an unlocked room so far out if sight. I could understand it IF they all had a clear view of the room or at the very least locked the doors and/or used the monitor service that was offered to them. I don't understand that part of their thinking at all.

14. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

I never understood this or even why they didn't have all the kids in one room as there were at least 2 other kids with one of the friends who were older

Kimster, MULDER and Akoya like this.
  15. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I 100% agree.

Kimster, MULDER, Akoya and 1 other person like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Madeleine McCann investigation funds will run out in September

The Metropolitan Police has 11 weeks to find missing Madeleine McCann before its funds run out. Madeleine vanished from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on the evening of 3 May 2007.

In April, the Home Office gave police an additional £85,000 (€111,000) grant to continue the £12m investigation code-named Operation Grange. The funding will run out in September.

Investigators denied claims the search had reached a stalemate following reports only two trips to Portugal have been made in the past year.

Detectives, who said they do not have to be in Portugal to conduct their investigation, added they are in possession of significant material gathered during previous trips.

"A lot of potentially significant images and material were captured on previous trips to Portugal and we are still working on all leads,"a Met Police spokesperson told The Sun.

"We have spent less on flights and hotel accommodation because we haven't needed to be in Luz to carry on our work. If there are policing reasons we need to be there we will." the spokesperson continued.

More: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/madeleine-mccann-discovery-funds-will-run-out-september-1630602

Akoya, spike and Kimster like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Netflix producing true crime documentary on Madeleine McCann’s disappearance

The streaming service is working on a series about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The as-yet-untitled series will be eight episodes long and will include interviews with key figures and investigators.

It is unknown whether Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, will be taking part in the documentary.

The release date for the documentary has not yet been confirmed.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/08/netfl...y-on-madeleine-mccanns-disappearance-6913306/

Akoya, Ladyslug, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Madeleine McCann disappearance investigation to continue after being given extra £154,000 from taxpayer

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have received extra funding to continue the investigation.

More than £11 million has been spent on the probe to find the missing girl, who vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007, aged three.

It has been claimed £154,000 will be allocated to the Metropolitan Police's Operation Grange, reports the Mirror.

The Sunday Times' northern and crime correspondent, David Collins, tweeted this afternoon:" "Sources say Home Office will grant further £154,000 to Operation Grange - the investigation in Madeleine McCann's disappearance

"The Met's hunt for Madeleine McCann is set to continue with announcement of further funding, sources say."

"Operation Grange will continue until at least March 2018."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...disappearance-investigation-continue-13689684

Kimster, Ladyslug and spike like this.
  19. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

MrsS, Ladyslug, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  20. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

MrsS and Kimster like this.