1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CANADA MADISON SCOTT: Missing from Vanderhoff, BC - 28 May 2011 - Age 20

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by RedRose, Jul 16, 2015.

1. RedRose

RedRose Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, a quick synapses of 20 year old Madison Scott of Vanderhoff, British Columbia, Canada. Missing. Madison and a female friend went camping at Hogsback (campsite) on Friday (night), May 28th, 2011. Approx 46 young people, around Madison's age, were there partying. After midnight Madison's friend was very drunk and fell into the camp fire so she left with another person to go back to her own home. Madison stayed. Some of the people there on Friday night went back to clean up on the Saturday but did not see Madison. Even tho her tent and truck were still there. On Saturday night another party with approx 150 People attended. On Sunday Madison's parents grew concerned after not being able to contact her and drove out to the camp-site. Only her truck, clothes, tent were there. No Madison or her cell phone, or truck keys. Please take the time to watch the video link below and the link to Let's Find Madison Scott for more information and the timeline.

http://madisonscott.ca/?page_id=1106

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/madison-scott-missing-from-canada.586/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
    AlwaysSearching, spike, Lily and 5 others like this.
  2. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

:welcome:

RedRose!

AlwaysSearching, MadgeS and Kimster like this.
  3. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

She looks so beautiful and happy!

[​IMG]

AlwaysSearching, MadgeS and Kimster like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I was able to watch half the video but have to run. It's about 25 minutes long.

I am really upset that the kids left her things there without a word. I feel they know something.

AlwaysSearching, Lily and MadgeS like this.
  5. Kimster

:hithere:

AlwaysSearching and MadgeS like this.
  6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

Thank you for bringing this case here. That terrain looks brutal. The thing that stuck out for me is that her car keys and cell phone were missing. Almost like she set out to go somewhere and took those two things with her?

Welcome Red Rose.

7. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Praying for Madison.

AlwaysSearching and Kimster like this.
  8. RedRose

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful warm welcome! :)
    Yes I agree this is a strange case.The terrain certainly does look brutal. Kudos to those who took the time and energy to go forth and search for Madison in all of that!

Yes it did seem odd to me also that she went missing with a cell and truck keys. I wonder how drunk she was? I also wonder where people went to the bathroom? Behind a tree? Or if there is an out door facility? Do people in the woods take a cell phone and keys when 'Nature Calls?'

AlwaysSearching and Lily like this.
  9. Kimster

Good points. Yes, I would take both of those if I went into the woods to use nature's facilities. Or maybe while intoxicated she got upset and took them to leave until she cooled off and then got totally lost?

10. RedRose

Question for you? Why would you take your cell and vehicle keys, drunk or not, when just going 'around the corner' to find a tree or use the facilities? Why not just take yourself off?

She also had a tent, why not just go into the tent and fall asleep to 'cool off' or 'chill out'. Thinking out loud here.

AlwaysSearching, Lily and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

My explanations would be intoxication and youth. I used to be quite emotional when I was a young woman and while drinking. And a bit unpredictable.

12. RedRose

Thinking out loud. Madison's friend said in the video that when she left there were approx five people left. Even tho by her own admission she was very, very drunk (when very drunk and had fallen into the fire she would not only be drunk but very upset. Upset enough to have had enough of camping and leave. Would a person in that state of intoxication and bodily hurt, look around to see how many people are left? Or she knew that before she fell into the fire?) I'm assuming the Police talked to those five remaining people. At some point all five left. Who was the last to leave? Male(s) or female(s) or one of each, as in boyfriend, girlfriend? Did the person(s) see her or thought she was in her tent? What if someone came back for some reason, when only Madison was still there? I understand that this party to be on Friday? night was mentioned on FaceBook. To my way of thinking, not a good idea.

Note:edited to insert sentence.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I go camping a lot. Usually, I keep my vehicle keys and my cell phone in my pockets. Whether I have any intention of using them or not, or whether my phone has service or not, I don't just want to leave them lying around. Whether I'm going on a hike, going to find a good bush to squat on, or just hanging out, my cell and keys are usually within arms reach if not in my pockets.

14. RedRose

Okay, let's run with this one for a moment. Madison finds a tree/bush to use (how far in would a person go to find a tree/bush which would hide her?). Someone, a male, sees her leaving, and follows her, or stumbles upon her during his own foray to find a tree/bush. An embarrassing moment for sure. But the male being drunk or on drugs, or both takes advantage of the situation and things get out of hand. She is left there or hidden in a bush/brush but before he leaves the campsite he carries (a body is not feather weight and needs strength to carry for a distance) her, skirting the campsite where the people are, to his, or a vehicle and puts her in and when ready drives off. Or returns after everyone has left. I favour the return after everyone has left.

15. Kimster

Good theory. We don't know exactly what questions the remaining group was asked by LE, do we? But all passed a poly? But what if someone appeared to have left earlier and really didn't - maybe was passed out in the bushes and woke up with Madison took a stroll? I'm getting too far-fetched but dang, I want her mom to know what happened SO BADLY!

16. RedRose

Yes, watching Madison's mom talk broke my heart. Four years of searching and not giving up. The missing takes the 'stuffing' out of a parent, siblings and friends. Unfortunately no, don't know what questions the remaining group was asked. Unknown about the poly also. Even if Madison didn't find a bathroom spot, she was still left alone. And anyone could have returned for any number of reasons, and there she is by herself. From watching the video Madison's friend seems to have distanced herself, guilt? Absolutely. To me her monotone speaks volumes.

17. Kimster

Didn't she say she didn't know Madison for very long before they took off up there together? I thought it was odd that she wanted to make that statement.

18. RedRose

You heard something I didn't hear. I did hear 'we had never been camping together before.'

AlwaysSearching likes this.
  19. Kimster

Oh that's probably it. I need to watch the video again when I'm not multi-tasking.

20. RedRose

A lady (username Chants) who has signed up for this site but unable to get on to post this was kind enough to send me this article. I will put the link at the bottom. A very good read!
    Highlights are:
    1) Madison's female friend was the top suspect. The Police outright asked her if she killed Madison. No. And took two poly's and passed. She was taken off the suspect list.

2) Vanderhoof is along the infamous "Highway of tears"

3) A male friend of Madison's was found beheaded. His head found in a shed, but no torso. He also before his murder took a poly and passed.

Here's the link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/