1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MS MAKAYLA WINSTON: Missing from Holmes County, MS - 27 June 2019 - Age 21 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 30, 2019.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Pregnant woman missing, keys found left in vehicle’s ignition

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Holmes County Sheriff Department is looking for a missing pregnant woman.

Makayla Winston is expected to be 9 months along in her pregnancy.

The 21-year-old was last seen Thursday around 9:19 pm wearing a black t-shirt dress. She stands at five feet, three inches tall and weighs around 170 pounds.

Makayla was driving a four door Pontiac Grand Prix.

The car was located at the intersection of Highway 14 and I-55 in Holmes County and the keys were still in the ignition switch.

https://www.wjtv.com/top-stories/pregnant-woman-missing-keys-found-left-in-vehicles-ignition/

[​IMG]

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...-in-goodman-ms-on-thursday-june-27-2019.4624/

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    spike and kdg411 like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Investigation continues for missing pregnant woman from Mississippi

Holmes County officials are asking for the public’s help to find 21-year-old Makayla Winston.

Yvetty Brown is her mother and plead for her safe return saying, “I just want my baby home.”

Brown said Winston was with her other daughter in Goodman Thursday night before she left in her car.

“She was heading to show the sonogram to the baby’s father,” said Brown.

Winston is pregnant and her due date is July 4th.

“We went looking to where we thought she would be, but she wasn’t there,” said Brown before filing a missing persons report.

Holmes County Sheriff Willie March said Winston's car was spotted Friday morning off Highway 14, near Interstate 55.

“We understood that there was a white vehicle parked behind her, kind of like an SUV. But no one knows who was driving the SUV,” said March.

Winston’s car was found alone; keys in the ignition and a cell phone tossed in the grass.

“The cell phone was cleaned up so we’re also doing an investigation on the cellular phone, trying to find out what was erased,” said March.

The Sheriff says the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation has interviewed several people and suspect foul play.

“She was a quiet person. She didn’t hang out. Mostly, she was around family. I just want my baby home," said Brown.

https://www.wlbt.com/2019/06/30/investigation-continues-missing-pregnant-woman-holmes-county/

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

“I want my baby to come home”, mother of missing pregnant woman speaks

A pregnant woman went missing Thursday in Holmes while on her way to visit the father of her unborn child.

Makayla Winston was last seen on Thursday, leaving her home in Goodman.

Family of the woman says she was on her way to visit the father of her unborn child.

A radio was missing, and a pair of Makayla’s shoes were found, inside the vehicle. Her cellphone was also found, tossed in the grass near the car.

According to authorities, MaKayla’s phone was wiped clean and they are investigating to see what was erased.

https://www.wjtv.com/news/i-want-my-baby-to-come-home-mother-of-missing-pregnant-woman-speaks/

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family searches miles of HWY 14 for missing Holmes County woman

It has been three days and still no sign of a missing pregnant woman in Holmes County.

The Winston brown family last saw their daughter Makayla Thursday. They’ve been working non-stop to figure out what happened to 21 year old Makayla Winston.

It began Thursday night when Makayla Winston of Goodman went out to drive to her boyfriend’s house to show him sonograms of her soon to be newborn.

“When she didn’t come home and didn’t answer her phone when her sister was calling her it was going straight to voice mail,” Makayla’s mother Yvetty Brown told us. “So we knew then something was wrong because it wasn’t like Makayla to answer her phone.”

Immediately on the search authorities and family found her four-door Pontiac Grand Prix sitting off highway 14 by the I-55 ramp.

“The keys were left in the ignition, my daughter wasn’t in the car but her shoes were on the ground,” Brown said. “And she wouldn’t walk barefoot; she wouldn’t leave the keys in the ignition.”

Now day and night Makayla’s family and close friends have covered miles through bushes, ditches and side roads searching for clues.

“We’ve been searching all of highway 14 and the area where the car was found,” Brown stated. “We did 14 and Attala County.”

“As soon as I got contact that she was missing I jumped straight up out of my bed,” Neighbor Clara Williams said. “And to the family and try to do everything that I can.”

With her daughters due date expected to be July 4th, Yvetty has been doing much planning to become a grandmother.

“I had just gone shopping that night,” Brown said. “Me, her and my sister in-law bought baby clothes and everything else that the baby needed.”

Desperate for the whereabouts of her child and expected grandchild the family is pleading for those responsible to even just call anonymously with answers to get her back.

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigations is now joining in the case, and we’re told the Holmes County Sheriff has questioned the father of Makayla’s expected child but no suspects announced at this time.

https://www.wjtv.com/news/family-searches-miles-of-hwy-14-for-missing-holmes-county-woman/

spike, kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

spike, Whatsnext and kdg411 like this.
  6. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

No surprise here:mad: Rest in peace,
    Makayla and her baby.:sadness:

https://eu.clarionledger.com/story/...y-ms-boyfriend-in-custody-sheriff/1626981001/

Dead pregnant woman's boyfriend in custody

Justin Vicory Mississippi Clarion Ledger

Published 3:04 PM EDT Jul 2, 2019

LEXINGTON, Miss. — The boyfriend of a missing pregnant woman whose body was discovered in Holmes County Monday has been taken into custody, Sheriff Willie March confirmed Tuesday.

Terrence K. Sample, 33, was booked into the Holmes-Humphreys County Regional Correctional Facility Monday night, but as of Tuesday afternoon he had not been charged.

March said investigations allow a 72-hour holding period and that he was waiting on the cause of death and to consult with a judge.

The body of Makayla Winston, 21, was found about noon Monday on Franklin Road. Winston, who was nine months pregnant, had last been seen Thursday night driving a four-door 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix, according to authorities.

Local media had previously reported that Winton's family said she was going to show a sonogram of the baby to the father but never returned. Her due date was Thursday.

Deputies found Winston's car with the keys still in the ignition at the intersection of Mississippi Highway 14 and Interstate 55 in Holmes County. Winston’s mobile phone was also recovered; however, text messages on the phone had been deleted, March said. Investigators were working to recover the text messages.

Winston's body was taken to the state crime lab in Jackson to determine the cause and manner of death, March said.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    spike and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.