1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX MALEAH DAVIS: Missing from Houston, TX - 4 May 2019 - Age 4 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Summer_breeze, May 5, 2019.

1. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

https://abc13.com/5-year-old-girl-may-have-been-kidnapped-police-say/5286110/

SUGAR LAND, Texas (KTRK) -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a 5-year-old girl who was possibly taken by three men.

Maleah Davis was last seen in the 16500 block of the Southwest Freeway on Saturday around 9 p.m.

Maleah was wearing a pink bow in her hair, a light blue zip jacket, blue jeans and gray, white and pink sneakers.

She is described as an African-American female with black hair and brown eyes. She stands 3 feet tall and weighing 30 to 40 pounds.

Her stepfather told police that he, his 2-year-old son and Maleah were abducted by three Hispanic men. He says they were driving a 2010 blue Chevrolet crew cab pickup truck.

The man says he was assaulted, but he and his son were dropped off in the Sugar Land area. He says the abductors kept Maleah with them and drove off.

Police believe the incident originated in north Houston.

[​IMG]

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...sing-since-may-4th-2019-from-houston-tx.4578/

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
    Paradise, daisy7, Whatsnext and 4 others like this.
  2. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

Admin: The missing date should be May 4 (Saturday). Would you kindly change?

Whatsnext and spike like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

::praying: Doesn't sound good no matter which way you look at it.

Whatsnext, spike and kdg411 like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

AMBER Alert: Stepdad claims abductors said missing little girl ‘looks sweet & nice’ before hitting him over head, kidnapping her

Houston Police released additional details Sunday afternoon in connection with the disappearance of 5-year-old Texas girl, Maleah Davis.

Sargent Mark Holbrook with the Houston Police Department said during a Sunday afternoon press conference that Maleah’s stepfather, Darian Vince, 26, told authorities he was driving a silver Nissan Altima along Greens Road and Highway 59 on Friday evening when he heard a “popping noise” coming from his vehicle.

Vince told police he had two children in the car, his toddler son and stepdaughter Maleah, and was on his way to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport to pick up the children’s mother.

Vince said he pulled over to check the tires on his vehicle and within a few minutes, three unknown Hispanic males pulled up in a blue 2010 Chevrolet crew cab pickup. Vince said two men got out of the truck, and while one made comments about Maleah, the other reportedly struck him in the head.

“On of them makes a comment and says, ‘Maleah looks very nice, very sweet,'” Holbrook said, referring to the stepfather’s version of events. “The other man hits Darian in the head. Darian loses consciousness. Darian is able to wake up during a period of time and he was in the back of the blue truck.”

Around 6 p.m. on Saturday, Vince, in and out of consciousness, woke up to find himself and his son on Highway 6 in Sugar Land with his 1-year-old son, according to what he told authorities. Maleah was not with him. Vince said he walked to Methodist Hospital in Sugar Land and arrived around 11 p.m. on Saturday.

The vehicle Vince was driving Friday, which belongs to Maleah’s mother, was spotted on security footage Saturday afternoon at around 2 p.m. driving around Sugar Land.

Maleah has undergone multiple brain surgeries, according to Holbrook, to “fix a flap to grow at the same rate as her skull.” She was also ill this week, according to Holbrook, and has medical needs.

According to Holbrook, family members ended up picking up the children’s mother from the airport, who never reported the children missing herself.
    Holbrook added that police have talked to Maleah’s biological father, who has been cooperative in the investigation and hasn’t been named a suspect.

The silver Nissan Altima, that belongs to the children’s mother, is also missing.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/05...-before-hitting-him-over-head-kidnapping-her/

[​IMG]

Steve, Paradise, Whatsnext and 2 others like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police release images of vehicles in connection to Houston Amber Alert case involving 5-year-old girl

Houston police have issued an Amber Alert and are asking for the public’s help finding a 5-year-old girl.

The Houston Police Department initially said Maleah Davis was last seen around 9 p.m. Saturday night, and was thought to be with three unknown males in a blue Chevrolet pickup truck.

Sgt. Mark Holbrook of the Houston Police Department’s Homicide Division told reporters Sunday that “I realize there’s a lot of blanks in the story.” He said police hoped the public could help them “fill in the blanks” in the narrative provided to them by Vence.

The vehicle that Vence was driving on the way to the airport — a silver Nissan Altima that belongs to Maleah’s mother — is also missing, Holbrook said.

A traffic camera captured an image of the car driving through an intersection in Sugar Land just before 3 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.

Holbrook asked that anyone who might have seen Vence, the Nissan Altima or the three men in the pickup truck contact authorities.

The reported Chevrolet’s license plate number is unknown, police said on Twitter, as is the motive in Maleah’s disappearance.

https://myfox8.com/2019/05/05/polic...n-amber-alert-case-involving-5-year-old-girl/

1/2: Photos displayed at the media briefing: first is victim's stolen car, a silver 2011 Nissan Altima with TX paper tags 3092G9, seen on a traffic camera near Hwy 59 & State Hwy 6 in Sugar Land about 3 pm Saturday (May 4). Second is photo likeness of suspects' blue truck.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Paradise, Whatsnext and spike like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

2/2: Photo of assault victim, Mr. Darion Vence, who is Maleah's stepfather, stated he was unconscious for almost 24 hrs. Detectives ask anyone who saw Darion or Maleah after 9 pm Friday (May 3) to 6 pm on Sat to contact HPD Homicide 713-308-3600 or @CrimeStopHOU at 713-222-TIPS.

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice

[​IMG]

Steve, Whatsnext, spike and 1 other person like this.
  7. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

So...this happened Friday night? The evening of May 3?

And then he's unconscious until the evening of May 4... goes to the hospital and reports it then. And his toddler son just sat by his side for 24 hours while he was knocked out...

But somehow the vehicle was driving around Sugar Land around 2pm on May 4. Guess it was "stolen". And still missing.

Mom makes it home despite her ride not arriving. Can't find boyfriend/husband. Can't find him for a whole day. But doesn't report any of them missing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    KareBear, Tammy, Steve and 7 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Maleah Davis Amber Alert: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1. Maleah’s Stepfather, Darion Vence, Says One of the Men Told Him She ‘Looked Very Sweet’ Before Another Man Knocked Him Unconscious

Holbrook said he wasn’t sure what condition the boy was in, but said he was treated and released from the hospital. Vence was treated for a head injury. Houston Police began investigating just before midnight and issued the Amber Alert Sunday morning.

According to Holbrook, Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, who also goes by Autumn Vence, was picked up from the airport Friday night by another family member. Holbrook said he is not aware of any report made by Bowens about Vence and her children being missing.

Holbrook said Maleah’s biological father lives in the Houston area and has been in contact with police and is cooperating. Holbrook did not release Maleah’s father’s name.

2. Maleah Has Had Multiple Brain Surgeries, Including in March or April, & Has Medial Needs, Police Say

Maleah Davis previously suffered a traumatic brain injury and has undergone medical treatment because of that. Sergeant Holbrook did not answer when asked how Maleah was injured, but said it “wasn’t a violent thing.”

Holbrook said, “Maleah has had multiple brain surgeries, most recently end of March, early April, to fix the flap for her injury, so that the flap will grow at the same rate as her skull. I wouldn’t call her special needs, but she’s needed a lot of care. And she was sick this week too.”

When asked what medical needs Maleah has, Holbrook told reporters, “Having to have brain surgery, having a loose piece of your skull, is serious business, that requires constant care, constant evaluation by parents, puts you at risk for a whole host of things. I’m no doctor, but it’s not good.”

When asked if he thinks Maleah is alive and OK, Holbrook responded, “I hope so, I sure do. I wouldn’t like to think that she’s … that something happened to her, but I just don’t know.”

3. The Nissan Altima Vence Was Driving Was Spotted on a Surveillance Camera in Sugarland on Saturday, but Has Not Been Seen Since

“It is among the missing right now. We don’t know where her vehicle is,” Holbrook said. The Altima has Texas temporary tags 330-92G9, Houston Police said. According to Holbrook, it is not possible to tell from the traffic photo if the Altima had a flat tire or was disabled.

4. Police Say Vence Does Not Remember Much of a 24-Hour Period of His Life & Investigators Are Hoping the Public Can Help Fill in the ‘Blanks’

Darion Vence, “does not remember a 24 hour period of his life, maybe somebody saw him, maybe he was walking around in a daze, maybe someone saw him doing something. I’d love to know anything about that,” Houston Police Sergeant Mark Holbrook told reporters.

“The purpose of this press conference is to figure out what story is true, what really happened, we just don’t know, and I don’t want to speculate,” Holbrook said. He said they want to “fill in the blanks on this story. I realize it is a lot of blanks in that story, but we’re hoping the public can fill in the blanks.”

5. Maleah Lives With Her Mother, Stepfather & 2 Siblings in Southwest Houston

Maleah Davis lives in an apartment in southwest Houston with her mother, Brittany Bowens, her stepfather, Darion Vence, and two siblings. According to police, Bowens and Vence are the parents of Maleah’s 1-year-old brother, who was with Vence and Maleah at the time of the alleged abduction. Maleah has an older sibling who was not with her and Vence. Both of her siblings are with other family members now, police said.

Bowens and Vence have family members who live in Sugarland, according to Houston Police Sergeant Mark Holbrook. The sergeant said he was “not sure” if they had any contact with the family prior to this case. He said Vence does not have a criminal record.

Darion Vence goes by the name Slim Vence on Facebook and works in the music industry. Maleah’s mother uses the name Autumn Vence on Facebook and says she is a future ” Nuclear Medicine Technologist.” She studies at Houston Community College District. Holbrook did not say why or how long Maleah’s mother was in Massachusetts. He also said he did not know if Brittany and Darion are legally married.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/maleah-davis-amber-alert-darion-vence-missing/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Steve, kdg411, spike and 1 other person like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Bowens said Maleah's mom, Brittany, was out of town for her father's funeral and had returned to Houston on Friday.

Over the weekend, Brittany's sister posted a message asking for help in finding the missing family. In her post, the sister said that Brittany was supposed to be picked at the airport by Darion, her fiancé, and the kids but they never showed up.

Instead, Bowens ended up picking up her daughter from the airport in the rain as bad weather came into the area.

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Police-searching-for-5-year-old-possibly-taken-by-13820560.php

Instagram post by Brittany's sister saying that the family was missing. Doesn't seem an official report was filed though. - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxEGUqjg-DN/

Steve, kdg411, spike and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kimster

I can't figure any of it out. They thought the mom was missing at first, too?

Steve, noZme and spike like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

No. From what I can gather...

Mom was out of town. Stepdad was supposed to pick her up from the airport. On his way there, with the kids, he says this incident happens. They don't show up to the airport. Mom gets other family to pick her up. Mom's sister posts on Instagram that stepdad and the kids are missing (but apparently nobody ever got an official report filed?).

Steve, noZme, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family friends organize search party to help find missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

A group of family friends organized a search party Sunday evening to help find missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

A group of five women, friends of the child’s mother, handed out 100 missing person flyers throughout Oyster Creek Park in Sugar Land. The group hopes to get at least one good tip leading to Maleah’s whereabouts.

“They (police) were mentioning a park close to Highway 6 and I-59, and this was the first park that came to mind, and it’s a big park, a lot of grass, a lot of trails,” said Dominique Bryant, a family friend. “And I figured we could pass the flyers out because this park is always busy."

“She’s a spunky little thing, you know, and she’s beautiful. She has a beautiful energy and we just want to find her at this point,” said Amber Fannin, a family friend helping with the search.

The 4-year-old recently underwent brain surgery, so Fannin said finding Maleah is even more urgent because Maleah requires constant care.

“If you have her, just please drop her off somewhere safe,” Fannin said. "If you want to keep the car or keep whatever you found, that’s alright, but we just want her back safe and sound.”

The group plans to resume the search for Maleah on Monday if she is not found soon.

If you have any idea where Maleah might be, you can call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-to-help-find-missing-4-year-old-maleah-davis

Paradise, spike, daisy7 and 2 others like this.
  14. spike

spike Bronze Member

We've been down this road so many times.
    :(

15. Kimster

While I think it's a good idea to check the area that the step dad claims in his account, I think they also need to check some other areas that the step dad is familiar with. Just to be prudent and all, you know.

noZme, wenn9366, spike and 3 others like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I'm wondering if he's playing up the "carjacking" and she may be found with the car.

HPD asks Texas Equusearch to join effort to find missing 4-year-old who may have been kidnapped

The Houston Police Department has requested the immediate help of Texas EquuSearch to try to find Maleah Davis.

Volunteers with Texas Equusearch are staging a search on foot and by ATV in a field in northeast Houston near Highway 59 and Greens Road.

https://abc13.com/texas-equusearch-search-field-for-missing-4-year-old-girl/5287271/

[​IMG]

Steve, noZme, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  17. spike

spike Bronze Member

I'm sure LE must be looking at stepfather's phone.
    Right?
    :praying:

noZme, Kimster, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

'I'm terrified for Maleah,' says mom of missing Texas 4-year-old

As volunteers passed out missing person fliers and helped Texas police search for her 4-year-old daughter, Brittany Bowens broke down in tears Monday as she expressed her darkest fears for the little girl who recently underwent brain surgery.

"I'm terrified for Maleah," Bowens said of her daughter, in an interview with ABC station KTRK-TV in Houston.

"My spirit is broken. I feel so lost," Bowens told KTRK. "I can't concentrate. I can't focus. It's just ... it's so overwhelming for me. It doesn't seem real."

Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch said his group is praying that Maleah is found alive.

"We want to start checking every single dumpster just in case," Miller told KTRK. "We believe in miracles. Let's hope we get one."

"I'm choked up right now thinking about her," Miller added. "I've been on these cases before. If it doesn't touch your heart, and you don't get emotional, you're just not human."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/im-terrified-maleah-mom-missing-texas-year/story?id=62850545

Steve, noZme, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  19. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Maleah Davis, 4, had been removed from her Texas home after physical abuse allegations. Now she's missing

Four-year-old Maleah Davis and her two brothers were removed from their home last year after reports of abuse, the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services told CNN.

In August 2018, Maleah and her brothers were placed with a relative following physical abuse allegations, stemming from a head injury she had, CPS said Monday night.

A judge ordered their return home in February and called for CPS to maintain temporary conservatorship and visit the home at least once a month to check on the family.

20. Kimster

Unreal. :mad:

What is once a month going to do? Nothing!

noZme and kdg411 like this.