1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX MALEAH DAVIS: Missing from Houston, TX - 4 May 2019 - Age 4 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Summer_breeze, May 5, 2019.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

MALEAH DAVIS: Suspect's dad points finger at missing girl's mom

Calling his son innocent, the father of Derion Vence, the only suspect in the case of missing Maleah Davis, spoke out from his home in St. Louis.

In an interview with the IckedMel YouTube Channel run by Melvin Cedeno, Joe Vence Sr. admits his son's story of being attacked and kidnapped while checking a tire sounds far-fetched, but he is asking the public to hold back judgement.

"Yeah, I believe my son is innocent and I believe his story," Joe said. "Derion had those kids most of the time, he's the one who took care of the kids."

Vence says his son was the most responsible adult in Maleah and her two brother's lives, doing all the daycare drop-offs, most of the pick-ups, helping them with developmental delays and raising Maleah like his own.

He says the little girl's mother, Brittany Bowens, is a liar.

"I really believe either she has something to do with it, like he's been set up in some type of way," Joe said. "I know he didn't do anything to her because he loves her. He's been taking care of her since she was like 1-year-old."

And as for the allegations made by Maleah's mother, claiming Derion abused and molested the little girl, he says they're fabricated.

"Why would you leave your child at home with him if he's doing all of these things?" Joe said.

https://abc13.com/father-of-suspect-points-finger-at-maleah-davis-mom/5311490/

GarAndMo49, Steve, KareBear and 4 others like this.
  2. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

GarAndMo49, Tammy, KareBear and 4 others like this.
  4. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Thanks, SheWho!

https://www.click2houston.com/news/maleah-davis-case-hpd-chief-expected-to-discuss-latest-details

10 minute video at link

Maleah Davis case: Stepfather's story has hole big enough to 'drive big rig through,' chief says
    HPD adds to reward to increase total reward of up to $10K

Posted: 11:28 AM, May 23, 2019Updated: 1:48 PM, May 23, 2019

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo spoke about the case at a news conference Thursday.

Acevedo said HPD is still searching for Maleah, 4, and pursuing leads, and he urged anyone with information to come forward. He also pledged an extra $5,000 from HPD to increase the total reward money of up to $10,000 in the case.

"Maleah deserves to be found, be recovered and deserves a proper burial, and we need the community's help," he said.

Acevedo said Derion Vence, the man police describe as her stepfather and who is charged with tampering with evidence, specifically a human corpse, in connection with the case, has told police a "tall tale" and is not cooperating with investigators.

"We strongly believe he knows where she's at and if he wanted to tell us, he would," Acevedo said about Vence.

Vence's story has a hole so large "you could drive a big rig through it," Acevedo said.

He said Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, is communicating with police, but that she is not the focus of the case.

"Our focus right now is to find this little baby. Our focus is getting her, recovering her body," Acevedo said. "I could sit here and say we're going to find her alive, but I'd be lying."

[there is a gag order in place now]

GarAndMo49, Steve, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  5. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/...lic-for-help-to-find-body-of-4-year-old-girl/

Acevedo said he strongly believes that Vence knows where Davis’ body is and the evidence indicates she was murdered. “I can sit here and say that we are going to find her alive but I would be lying to you,” he said.

The chief pleaded for the public’s help because he thinks “somebody knows something, somebody has seen something, and somebody hasn’t come forward.” Acevedo said that people who want to help investigators should look for spots where the surface seems to be out of place or the place has been “disturbed.”

Investigators have also talked to Brittany Bowens, Davis’ mother, but she hasn’t provided a lead to find the little girl.

GarAndMo49, Steve, Tammy and 4 others like this.
  6. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

:tears: Acevedo: "we really believe we have a little girl who has been murdered"

GarAndMo49, Kimster, Tammy and 4 others like this.
  7. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

Equusearch: 'Somebody’s going to walk' if clumsy searches for Maleah continue

https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...inue/285-374e1148-18ea-46c6-8e9b-c4ab212eae3f
    Author: Larry Seward
    Published: 10:10 PM CDT May 24, 2019
    Updated: 6:31 AM CDT May 26, 2019

HOUSTON — A public false alarm in the search for Maleah Davis upset police and partners at Texas Equusearch whose founder worries what’s next.

Tim Miller believes untrained volunteers could deny Maleah justice.

Volunteers not affiliated with Texas Equusearch found a cell phone in the Addicks Reservoir and connected it to Davis’ disappearance without proof, then alarmed police. Miller thinks clumsy tips and searches by untrained volunteers who sometimes live stream is dangerous.

“You’re searching, God bless you,” Miller said. “Are you doing this for the right reasons? Or do you just want to put (it) out there so everybody says what a great person you are (because) you’re out there searching (because) your ego is too damn big? This isn’t about ego. It’s about a little girl that’s missing.”

Paradise, GarAndMo49, Steve and 5 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Maleah Davis Update: Community activist Quanell X says missing girl’s mother lied. He’s no longer representing her

A Houston community activist who vehemently denied that the mother of missing Maleah Davis had anything to do with her disappearance, has apparently stepped down from representing her.

According to FOX 26 Houston, community activist Quanell X said there were inconsistencies with Brittany Bowens’ story. Bowens, the mother of 4-year-old Maleah, has not been criminally charged in connection with the little girl’s disappearance, but Quanell said he now feels the woman has not been truthful about the case.

FOX 26 reporter Ivory Hecker shared Quanell’s “official response” on Facebook.

“Brittany knew about the abuse.
    She admitted to me in front of best friend.
    Brittany said that Derion would bathe Maleah without permission and Brittany didn’t like that. She admitted that one time, Derion beat her and severely injured Maleah’s leg. Brittany told Derion to take Maleah to the hospital, to which Derion replied that he wouldn’t and wouldn’t be ‘taking the fall for this one.’
    She also lied about how long she was in the apartment for when Derion returned with Maleah. Derion brought Maleah back, arrived at apartment while Brittany was there. She said that when he came back, she mentioned she wasn’t there for a long time, but in reality she was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
    My ultimate goal was to find Maleah, but she knowingly and willingly covered up physical abuse at the hands of Derion.
    One time in the car, I asked her about what happened to Maleah, I asked ‘you think he snapped and did something?’ Brittany said Derion probably punched her in the head, he has done that before.
    After that, I privately met with the district attorney’s office to share this with them and more.
    I also learned that after Derion was arrested at his brother Joe’s house, Brittany was communicating with Derion through Joe, relaying messages to him in jail.”

Bowens’ boyfriend, Derion Vence, remains behind bars in connection with Maleah’s disappearance, on charges of tampering with evidence. Vence told authorities he was beat up on May 3 while on the way to the Houston airport to pick up Bowens. Vence said three Hispanic men in a blue truck abducted Maleah after attacking him, but police said the man had holes in his story from the beginning.

In the meantime, an award of $15,000 is being offered for information that leads to Maleah.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/05...s-mother-lied-hes-no-longer-representing-her/

[​IMG]

noZme, Paradise, GarAndMo49 and 6 others like this.
  9. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

If she knows where her daughter is now, I hope she can get over herself enough to tell authorities!

noZme, Paradise, GarAndMo49 and 5 others like this.
  10. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Good lord .... I wish I trusted Q more, but this sounds quite probable to me. Mother was in a FB "live" with a couple other "ladies" yesterday but stayed off camera. It was rather bizarre, but mother said Q lied and therefore she stopped using him.

It is here, if the links work, two parts: WARNING - some vulgar language

https://www.facebook.com/tonia.capu...068339/2385564421701338/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/tonia.capu...068339/2385564428368004/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

Found part of it in YouTube:

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    noZme, Paradise, GarAndMo49 and 5 others like this.
  11. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

This is another Lonna/Ruben case if I’ve ever seen one, I’ve said from the beginning I thought mom knew more and or was involved. What’s even more sad to me is everything I’ve seen/read is it seems as if the boy friend has a more loving relationship with Maleah than her own mother did :-(

When are these women going to actually put their children first :-(

noZme, Paradise, Kimster and 6 others like this.
  12. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Suspect in Maleah Davis' disappearance wouldn't let dad see her the day she went missing, dad says

Maleah Davis' father said in court Wednesday that he tried to see her hours before she was reported missing, but that the suspect in her disappearance would not allow it, according to CNN affiliate KTRK.

Earlier that evening, Maleah's father, Craig Davis, and his sister went to the apartment where Maleah lived with Vence and her mother to check on the child, the station reported Davis saying at a Wednesday court hearing. The hearing was related to the custody of Maleah's brother, according to local media reports.

Vence would not let them in, saying that Maleah had the flu, Davis testified. Davis said Vence denied their request to look in on the girl as she slept in her bed, according to KTRK.

noZme, Paradise, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  13. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

noZme, Whatsnext, Steve and 5 others like this.
  14. Kimster

15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

He drove 5 hours, each way, to dump her? He had the time, but it seems a bit ambitious for even him.
    Glad they're looking into it and going to search though.

noZme, Whatsnext, Steve and 4 others like this.
  16. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Crime scene tape being set up in Fulton, Arkansas (12 miles further), per live stream at https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...ll-x/285-ae88dcd5-4ec9-4883-912c-b46921c0769b

Mowing crew had reported finding a trash bag with a bad odor.

Reports that Vance is being transported to the area :
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/...Szj7HofPSh8UJi03C8L1P1FAiga-W_qe4OuEWueGOd27w
    The stepfather of Maleah Davis is being taken to Arkansas on Friday after a community activist said he confessed to dumping the 4-year-old girl's body there.

17. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Quite likely she has been found. Sheriff updated. A bag was found, unconfirmed there was a body inside .... Of course there will not been positive identification at this time.

:tears:

18. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Wow, Q is really down on the mother. Says she needs e xtensive counseling on parenting before she should get any of her kids back. Live stream is talking to him a lot right now.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...ll-x/285-ae88dcd5-4ec9-4883-912c-b46921c0769b

Not sure if true, but I heard Q had an order filed after he visited Vance in the jail today .... prohibiting him from visiting again. If not for that visit, we could still be searching.

ETA, apparently the order was submitted ... unsigned as far as I can tell: https://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/eDocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCivil

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    noZme, Whatsnext, Tammy and 4 others like this.
  19. Kimster

So he probably did drive all the way to Arkansas?

noZme, Whatsnext, Tammy and 3 others like this.
  20. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Looks that way. I read somewhere that it is on the way to go visit another son of his, so he was probably already familiar with the area.

noZme, Whatsnext, Tammy and 4 others like this.