1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX MALEAH DAVIS: Missing from Houston, TX - 4 May 2019 - Age 4 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Summer_breeze, May 5, 2019.

1. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Wanna bet that bag is the one we see him leaving the apartment with?

spike, noZme, Whatsnext and 8 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:sadness: Oh, I forgot about that.

spike, noZme, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  3. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Remains of a child were found in a bag Friday near the search scene for Maleah Davis in Hope, Arkansas, according to law enforcement officials.

There has been no identification made on the remains.

Authorities said road crews found the remains in a garbage bag emitting a foul odor near Exit 18 in Fulton, Arkansas, which is about 14 miles southwest of Hope.

Link

spike, Freebird, Whatsnext and 5 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Well damn. :(

Ya know, I don't care about Q's methods. He got him to talk.

So glad they found her.

spike, noZme, Freebird and 6 others like this.
  5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I hope there’s enough evidence to prove what happened beyond doubt. Nobody drives to another state to hide a body after an accidental death. Nobody cooks up a bizarre carjacking story after an accidental death.

Ruben held out long enough that Lonzie couldn’t show us (conclusively) what really happened to him, and we’re stuck with a drowning story. Hopefully Maleah can tell us the truth, beyond reasonable doubt.

spike, noZme, Freebird and 5 others like this.
  6. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

U.S. NEWS[/paste:font]
    Authorities searching for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis in Arkansas
    Derion Vence, 26, told police the girl was taken by three kidnappers as he was driving to pick her mother up from the airport.

• May 31, 2019, 5:32 PM ET
    By Minyvonne Burke
    Authorities have shifted their focus for the search of a missing 4-year-old Texas girl to Arkansas after receiving information that she was killed and her body was left on a rural road in the state.

Houston Police said in a tweet Friday that homicide detectives were en route to Arkansas to assist local authorities in finding Maleah Davis, who was reported missing on May 4 by her mother's former fiancé Derion Vence. He has been jailed in connection to her disappearance.

Sheriff James Singleton of Hempstead County said Friday that a black trash bag with a foul odor and containing blood was found in Fulton, Arkansas. Singleton said that it is still early in the investigation and it is not yet clear if the bag is connected to Maleah.

[​IMG]
    Derion Vence was arrested Saturday by Houston police in the disappearance of his stepdaughter Maleah Davis, 4.
    Police began searching in Arkansas after Quanell X, a civil rights activist who up until recently was a spokesman for Maleah's mother, said that Vence had confessed to him that he killed the little girl and left her body along a road in Hope, which is about 13 miles from Fulton.

Quanell told NBC News that Vence told him Maleah's death was an accident and after allegedly killing her he drove roughly five hours to Hope, Arkansas, where he left the body on the side of a road.

Vence, 26, was arrested on May 11 on charges of tampering with evidence, namely a human corpse after investigators found a laundry basket and gas can in a vehicle he was driving the day he reported Maleah missing.

Vence had told Houston police that he was driving to the airport to pick up Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, when he was attacked by three men while checking on a flat tire. Vence said the alleged attackers took Maleah but let him and his 2-year-old son go.

In documents that were filed by Harris County prosecutors, Vence said he "walked with his 2-year-old son and they eventually got a ride from an unknown female" to a hospital, which is when he reported Maleah missing.

The car Vence was driving was later found in Missouri City, Texas, by investigators. Authorities said in the court documents that two dogs "trained to sniff the scent of a cadaver" were drawn to the trunk of the vehicle.

Police also said that surveillance video from the hospital showed Vence was dropped off in that same car. They have not said who was driving.

Surveillance video from a neighbor's home showed that when Vence did leave to go to the airport, his son was the only child with him. A search of the family's home also turned up drops of blood in the hallway that matched DNA taken from Maleah's toothbrush.

Minyvonne Burke
    Minyvonne Burke is a breaking news reporter for NBC News.

Laura Barbosa contributed.

© 2019 NBC UNIVERSAL
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1012621

spike, noZme, Freebird and 5 others like this.
  7. KareBear

HPD: Child's remains found in bag on Arkansas roadside could be Maleah Davis
    Samantha Ketterer, Nicole Hensley | on May 31, 2019

Houston police believe the remains of a child found in a black garbage bag on an Arkansas roadside could be missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, officials said Friday.

"Do we believe that it’s possibly her? Yes," HPD Executive Assistant Chief Troy Finner said. But can we confirm it right now? No."

A road crew noticed the bag two days ago as they were cleaning up the interstate, but decided to leave it alone, Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton said. Mowers ran over the bag at some point today.

The body hasn't been identified.

"It's going to be a child," HPD Capt. Michael Skillern told reporters at the scene.

Law enforcement officials began combing areas along Interstate 30 after community activist Quanell X met with Houston police earlier Friday to discuss information he said he obtained from Derion Vence, the suspect in Maleah's disappearance. Vence confessed to killing the girl and dumping her body in Arkansas, Quanell X said.

"He says it was an accident. And he confessed to me where he dumped her body, " the activist said.

The confession reportedly happened during a jailhouse conversation he had with Vence, who is the ex-boyfriend of Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens.

"He felt like he was just totally overwhelmed, because Brittany wasn't being the mother she should be being," Quanell said Vence told him.

Vence remained in Harris County jail Friday afternoon, according to the local sheriff's office.

A CITY MOURNS: A month after her disappearance Houston has questions, at HoustonChronicle.com.

Vence was engaged to Maleah's mother, and was tasked with caring for the girl from April 30 to May 3 while her mother was out of town. Maleah was reported missing May 3.

Quanell X would not give any other details about how the girl died, or where in Arkansas her body was dumped. But he said the description of the location was accurate.

"He was very specific with the amount of distance and time. When I was able to leave and look it up on my phone, he was to the point on the distance and time, " said Quanell X.

"He said that he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked to the side of the road, and dumped the body off the road."

Authorities can't identify the contents of the black garbage bag in Fulton until official autopsy reports are returned. Singleton said the bag contained blood and worms and had a foul odor.

Deputies first searched near the city of Hope but arrived at Fulton after getting a lead from a road crew that contracts with Hempstead County. The bag was found near exit 18 of Interstate 30.

"One of the machines hit the bag and tore it open," Singleton said.

Some of the bag's contents scattered.

"It's over an area," he said.

Fulton is approximately 20 miles from the Texas-Arkansas border. The FBI is at the scene, along with Houston homicide detectives and the local sheriff's office.

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said that her office is continuing to work with Houston police to bring justice for Maleah.

"Let’s let search teams do what search teams do," she said. "We have spoken with the defendant’s lawyer and there is no agreement."

Finner said during the news conference Friday that he does anticipate murder charges.

"Who and when, I don’t know right now," he said.

Vence has already been charged with tampering with a corpse in connection with the case.

The break in the case came after Houston detectives met with Tim Miller, founder of Equusearch, and Quanell X at a strip mall near NRG Stadium on Friday afternoon. They later confirmed that they were en route to an undisclosed location in Arkansas.

"I think it's true enough that I have an airplane lined up at 3 p.m. to fly a detective, and several officers to go up there and go ahead and start the search," Miller said.

Miller also said he'd spoken with law enforcement officials in Arkansas.

Quanell X had been speaking for Bowens in the wake of Maleah's disappearance. He appeared with her in multiple interviews and in a court hearing on May 13 for Vence, her former live-in boyfriend.

He recently said he is no longer
    Vence was under the impression that his family had sent Quanell X after Burton withdrew and that Quanell X was taking over representation, according to Cotlar.

In a phone call, Quanell X said he was not representing Vence or his family at the time of his visit.

He said he went to see Vence at the jail because “I wanted to.”

“I felt like I needed to,” he said.

Julian Gill and Danny Hermosillo contributed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...t-in-Maleah-Davis-case-confesses-13911030.php

spike, noZme, ima.grandma and 7 others like this.
  8. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

I just can’t wrap my head around this....the last time this baby girl was seen alive was April 30th....she was reported missing ....::Then step father was arrested on May 11th.....

The black bag was seen 2 days ago by a road crew cleaning up debris but they left it....then today a mowing crews machine hit the bag........so you mean to tell me this bag with a little girls body sits on the side of the road just a few feet away from where cars travel and no one noticed it or thought anything about it for all of these days/weeks???????? Even with there being national news of this case and the fact the step father was seen leaving the apartment with a black bag.

I’m just not buying it!!!!! I feel like she was moved from some where else recently....somethings just not right I tell you....

spike, noZme, Steve and 8 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Well, he did have help. A driver. He said he had walked to the hospital but someone dropped him off, and then went and dumped the car.
    It's possible that someone also knew where she was and could move her.
    But it's not inconceivable to me that she went unnoticed. People don't notice anything. It's really quite sad.

spike, noZme, Steve and 7 others like this.
  10. KareBear

Second hand report here..
    A friend of mine was watching a news conference on it. They said that the city worker's that maintain the roadways (mow grass, trim trees, etc.), noticed it a while back, smelled it even, but didnt say anything because, apparently, it is not uncommon for folks in Arkansas to put dead animals in trash bags and throw them in a ditch on the side of the road:oh: ... However, once police extended their search to Arkansas, the workers realized that the bag they seen might actually be connected to their investigation.. so they reported it..

spike, noZme, Steve and 7 others like this.
  11. KareBear

:detective: I have 1 of 2 people in mind that I think most probably drove him to that hospital... I won't say names, but when the time comes, I'll be honest about if I was right or not ... :waiting:waiting to see..

spike, noZme, Steve and 8 others like this.
  12. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

13. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

spike, Freebird, ima.grandma and 3 others like this.
  14. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

spike, noZme, ima.grandma and 3 others like this.
  15. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

I agree there are more involved but I feel like there are 4 people total....maybe not who actually murdered this baby girl....but at the very least knew and helped cover it up.....mom, step dad, moms BFF and step dads brother....if I’m wrong I’ll shout apologies from the highest peaks but I just have a gut feeling On This one with everything I’ve read :-(

spike, Freebird, noZme and 4 others like this.
  16. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

HOUSTON — Three days after a child's remains were found on the side of an Arkansas highway, the Harris County medical examiner confirmed it is 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

"Now it's only going to get worse and worse for him," said KHOU 11 legal expert Gerald Treece.

Treece said having Maleah's body helps prosecutors build a tougher case against Maleah's stepdad Derion Vence.

I'll give you a guarantee, that child didn't kill herself or carry herself to Arkansas," Treece said. "He will be charged with first-degree murder, and they'll ask for the death penalty. It'll be a capital murder case."

For now, the Harris County District Attorney's Office said Vence remains charged with tampering with a corpse. In a statement, they added, "Additional charges will be filed as the evidence supports doing so."

Investigators were able to find Maleah's remains after Quanell X met with Vence in jail. Quanell said he confessed Maleah was dead, that it was an accident and where he dumped the remains.

"If I'm a defense lawyer, the first line of defense is throw that statement out," Treece said.

Treece said if Quanell went into the jail to speak to Vence after a request from police, then it could be excluded from a trial because it wouldn't be considered a voluntary statement.

Treece said he's also watching if others will be charged in this case likely for helping Vence cover up Maleah's death. Police said someone dropped Vence off at Methodist Hospital as a part of his concocted story the night Maleah was reported missing.

"I have a lot of emails from viewers wondering about the mother and how much the mother was involved in this," Treece said.

Treece said investigators and prosecutors work to get justice for Maleah is far from over.

"It's too early to tell," Treece said. "This is moving into chapter one of a story that caught the attention of the nation."

A cause of death has not yet been determined.
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...ence/285-bff2a57a-f343-4019-9e60-a053c26f341c

kdg411, KareBear, Freebird and 6 others like this.
  17. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

catching up here ~ glad she has been found.

Ugh!

spike, Whatsnext, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  18. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

'I ain't no killer' Derion Vence denies killing Maleah Davis :eek::rolleyes:

[...]

"I ain't no killer, bro," Vence said. "Chauncy, I loved Maleah so much. I did for her more than her own parents. I never had a biological daughter. I would never do anything to hurt her. That's not me. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you I'm not that type of dude and I was good with the kids."

He went on to say that he spent his 27th birthday in jail.

"I should be home with my family. With Maleah, the kids and Brittany, cooking dinner and watching Netflix," Vence said.

When Chauncy asked him about Maleah's death he said she didn't suffer.

"Nothing bad happened to Maleah," Vence said.

https://abc13.com/i-aint-no-killer-derion-vence-denies-killing-maleah-davis/5330947/

spike, KareBear, Skitt and 3 others like this.
  19. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

This case has had so many twist and turns none of it adds up :-(
    And he says nothing bad happen to her????????ummmmm excuse but me how much more “bad” can it be...this baby girl was stuffed in a trash bag and thew on the side of a road...grrrrrrrr

20. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

Maleah’s mom talks after her body is positively Identified.......another grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I still say this “mom” knows/knew more....sitting on in face book and Instagram for a month laughing with her friends....never out searching for her child....her own family even turned on her and spoke negative about her....I’ve just gotta wait for the trial and see what comes out before I can change my mind on thinking she knew more

https://abc13.com/maleah-davis-mom-on-girls-death-she-didnt-deserve-that/5330793/

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019