1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#AmberAlert MALEAH DAVIS: Missing from Houston, TX - 4 May 2019 - Age 4

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Summer_breeze, May 5, 2019.

1. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

https://abc13.com/protesters-accuse-missing-girls-mom-of-not-protecting-her/5297539/

The mother of Houston 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who has been missing for more than a week now, faced tough criticism from protesters Monday.

Brittany Bowens was in the courtroom waiting for her ex-fiance, Derion Vence, to make another appearance before a judge. However, the hearing was reset.

Vence has been charged with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse, in Maleah's disappearance, according to jail records.

Bowens' family and relatives of Maleah's biological dad, Craig Davis, were also in the courtroom.

"She didn't deserve this," said Davis' cousin Tamisha Mendoza, who is asking Bowens for answers.

"You said you had suspicions that he was molesting her, why did you stay?" said Mendoza. "Why didn't you remove yourself from the situation? Furthermore, why didn't you remove her, even if you didn't want to leave that situation? You could have sent her to her dad. You could have sent her to her grandparents. You could have sent her anywhere except for leaving her there."

All eyes were on Bowens, as protesters shouted accusations at her, in what they say, was a failure to protect Maleah.

2. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...etts/285-1acb1a74-13ff-4b7c-96c9-57e56506f1fb

A funeral home administrator said that a memorial service for Benjamin Bowens was held on April 27 and that it was organized and conducted privately by Benjamin Bowens' family. The administrator could not confirm who attended that service.

The administrator went on to further clarify that a separate burial was held on Wednesday, May 1.

The administrator did confirm that Brittany Bowens and her sister both attended the burial.

Houston police have confirmed via flight records that Brittany Bowens flew to Massachusetts on April 30 and returned to Houston May 3,the night before Maleah was reported missing.

Quanell X, who is serving as Brittany Bowens’ spokesman, said she did not attend the memorial service on April 27, but she did attend the funeral on May 1.

*EDITOR'S NOTE: KHOU 11 published a story early Monday that indicated that Brittany Bowens attended the funeral for her father on April 27, per Harrell Funeral Home owner Ron Harold. That date is inaccurate. She attended her father's burial on May 1.

3. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Attorney hired by Vence: Thomas H Burton III

Website: Houston Divorce Lawyer | Harris County Family Law Attorney | http://www.tomburtonlaw.com/

http://m.tomburtonlaw.com/attorney-profile/

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Templat...ry/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=200472

https://buffalonews.com/1994/02/27/resilient-attorney-is-back-at-work-after-near-fatal-crash/

Justice for Children: https://justiceforchildren.org

Practice Areas: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Consumer, Criminal, Family, Insurance, Litigation: Commercial, Litigation: Personal Injury, Wills-Trusts-Probate, Entertainment, Juvenile
    [perhaps Vence used this lawyer previously for his "work in entertainment" ?]

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/derion-vence-maleah-davis-stepfather/

Derion Vence goes by the name Slim Venceon Facebook and works in the music industry. His Linkedin profile shows he has also worked at a Houston hotel as a steward supervisor. Maleah’s mother uses the name Autumn Vence on Facebook and says she is a future ” Nuclear Medicine Technologist.” She studies at Houston Community College District. Holbrook said he did not know if Brittany and Derion are legally married.

Vence is originally from St. Louis, Missouri, and has a company called Superhouse Entertainment LLC, according to his now-deleted Facebook page.

4. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

5. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

Sucks that his bail was reduced, huh? Who's this QX dude? Is he insinuating he's related to Malcolm X? :puzzled::angel: I wish they'd find Maleah...

6. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Steve, Kimster and Whatsnext like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

KareBear, Steve and kdg411 like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Spokesman For 4-Year-Old Maleah Davis’ Mother Makes Disturbing Allegations About The Nature Of Her Apparent Death

A spokesperson for the mother for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis made shocking allegations against the mother’s one-time fiancé, claiming he killed and dismembered the young girl as retribution for a break-up.

“Many people did not know that he dismembered this beautiful baby,” community activist Quanell X told local station KHOU.

Quanell X, who has repeatedly spoken out about the case on behalf of Davis’ mother Brittany Bowens, believes that's what happened to the young girl’s body because of evidence he said was found at the apartment the family once shared together.

“Why would human body tissue be in the drain system? Why would human body tissue be under the pipes in the sink, in the pipes under the bathtub, why would that be?” he said.

Houston Police have not confirmed the allegations made by Quanell, but did say in a statement earlier this week that there was blood evidence found in the apartment linked to Davis.

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/maleah-davis-was-dismembered-family-spokesman-quannel-x-says

*Not sure how they could possibly know that at this point.

9. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Quanell X

Read the link above, even though it was written in 2009, there's a lot of background information about who he is.

10. Canucklady

Canucklady Active Member

No it doesn't distract or confuse them. I was told (by a trainer of scent detection dogs) that cadaver dogs can smell human remains that are buried 12-15 feet underground and very little will distract them.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    KareBear, Steve, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  11. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

Just catching up on this little angels disappearance....I pray she is found safe and sound, but it doesn’t look good :-(

Every time I read more the thoughts of little Lonzie and Jordan Belliveau flood my memory :-(

Kimster, spike, Steve and 4 others like this.
  12. KareBear

KareBear Active Member

He is walking so far ahead of her like he could care less if she's coming or not.. what a scumbag p.o.s.!!
    Sweet, innocent, Maleah.. I'm sorry that you were forced to be in the care of such a monster and your mother didn't have better judgment concerning your safety... Poor baby.

spike, Skitt, noZme and 3 others like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search area expands and gag order issued in Maleah Davis case

Texas EquuSearch is following up on tips and canvassing new search areas as they continue to look for Maleah Davis.

On Tuesday the search crew set up their staging area at Creepy Hollow Haunted House off SH 288 and Valley Glen Drive in the Rosharon area. Volunteers that work at the haunted house said the search area included open farm land adjacent to the property.

While the search continues, a legal order is complicating the case in court. A gag order has been issued ordering attorneys and the media to strict confidentiality of the CPS records involving Maleah's family.

The order says that if the release of this information continues, the pre-trial publicity will interfere with rights to a fair trial.

We know Maleah and her brothers were removed from the home by CPS last year after allegations of abuse. A judge allowed the children go back to the home in February of this year.

We also know that Maleah has had brain surgery to treat an injury, though we do not know how she got hurt in the first place.

This gag order includes documents involving the family since July of 2016, so we know they had a history with CPS, but now, we’re likely not going to know any more about it.

https://cw39.com/2019/05/15/search-area-expands-and-gag-order-issued-in-maleah-davis-case/

spike, Steve, Skitt and 4 others like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search for Maleah Davis in Rosharon enters 2nd day

The search for a missing 4-year-old Houston girl continued Wednesday in Rosharon.

Members of Texas EquuSearch assembled at the Spaceland Houston facility at the corner of FM roads 521 and 1462 in the small Brazoria County town and appeared to be searching some nearby woods for Maleah Davis. Ground crews, ATVs and a helicopter all appeared to be in use.

Vence’s brother said his sibling is innocent.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/search-for-maleah-davis-in-rosharon-enters-2nd-day

Maleah Davis: Brother of suspect in little girl’s disappearance says he’s an innocent ‘good man’

A Texas man behind bars in connection with the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis claims he is innocent, and apparently his brother, who visited him at the Houston jail, completely believes him.

“He wants the world to know he’s innocent,” Joe Vence, brother of 26-year-old Derion Vence, told Click 2 Houston on Tuesday. “We had conversations about our family. He’s very strong, he’s a good man.”

Derion Vence is behind bars at the Harris County Jail on charges of tampering with evidence, a human corpse. Joe visited him for around 20 minutes before stopping to answer questions about his brother. Although Joe declined to discuss the details surrounding Vence’s case, he claimed he loved Maleah and that his brother had God on his side.

Meanwhile, Maleah remains missing. A search team has scoured numerous areas in and around Houston looking for her, and ended up at a haunted house in Rosharon on Tuesday morning, after a tip was sent in to police. According to the Click 2 Houston, Derion Vence was once a mail carrier in the Rosharon area.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/05...-disappearance-says-hes-an-innocent-good-man/

Uh huh. Sure. Where were YOU that day, brother? Helping drop off a car somewhere it shouldn't have been?

spike, Steve, KareBear and 5 others like this.
  15. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

What is bothering me the most is it seems as if everyone has referred to this little one in a past tense since the beginning....they “loved” her...not they “love” her! She “was” full of energy...not she “is” full of energy! :praying:

Steve, Kimster, spike and 4 others like this.
  16. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Maybe the brother needs to see the video of baby girl going in with him, but never seen leaving but shows step dad leaving layer with little brother and not her and have him explain that and what is in the trash bag.

Steve, Kimster, spike and 5 others like this.
  17. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

18. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

Steve, kdg411, spike and 3 others like this.
  19. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

“EQUUSEARCH FOUNDER SAY HE FEARS MALEAH MAY NEVER BE FOUND”

There are so many news articles and interviews out there but most I haven’t wanted to post as most of them turn out to be rumors and bad reporting :-(

I’ve been following these Facebook sites that have been created and this is a case like no other I’ve ever seen.... I can only compare it to the Casey Anthony or Little Lonzie cases.....and dare to say I think everything being said is worse than either of the them :-(

Sad sad sad......prayers for this little angel

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kh...avis/285-1e99994f-94cf-4a1d-b669-2061d39215e4

spike, Steve, kdg411 and 4 others like this.
  20. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Brittany Bowens sits for interview: With video

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/national...-davis-sits-down-with-fox-26-to-tell-her-side

Updated May 16 2019 09:22PM EDT

HOUSTON (FOX 26) - The mother of a missing 4-year-old at the center of a citywide search is telling her side in an interview with FOX 26 News reporter Damali Keith.

“I feel like I'm in a nightmare, a really bad nightmare that I can't come out of,” says Brittany Bowens.

Unfortunately, this is Bowens’ reality. Her 4-year-old daughter, Maleah Davis, has been missing for nearly two weeks.

“I just feel so broken. I do. My heart feels so broken,” she cried

“You hid from me and you left me. I have no feelings for that man. I don't have no feelings for him at this point. He was the last person to see my daughter. I seen you when you came home. You didn't say anything to me. I stood up for you. I wanted to believe your story,” Bowens said.

[Bowens is referring to Vence’s claim of being knocked out by kidnappers after he says he, Maleah and their youngest son were all abducted and only Maleah never made it away from them.]

“I know it didn't make sense, but as a mother, I would rather hear that than to hear that somebody I loved killed my daughter. I would rather hear that,” she said.

....does Bowens feel something had happened inside their home that she didn't protect Maleah from?

“I'm not sure. I was always home. Always home. I didn't start working until January, because I was in school and I only went to school a couple days out of the week,” Bowens answers.

[Vence is seen coming out with alaundry basket with a trash bag inside.]

“My first thoughts were, ‘We just did laundry. What are you doing with that basket?’”

Bowens says she was in Massachusetts at her father’s funeral at the time.

[blood found in apartment]

“I stayed there one night, and I laid in her bed. I laid in her bed. As a mother, I want to have hope. That hope is giving me a peace of mind. I have to believe that (Maleah is still alive), but at the same time, I have to be realistic too, that she could possibly be gone,” Bowens said.

Bowens says she’s grateful for all of the people searching for Maleah and supporting them with balloon releases and vigils. She also says she’s praying her daughter, one way or another, will be found

Steve, kdg411, Tammy and 3 others like this.