1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Man kills wife, pretends to be her for a year, then kills her family

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 10, 2019.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

For months, he said his wife was too busy to answer the phone. A massacre revealed the truth.

[​IMG]

The mobile homes on Juanita Way are slotted tightly together, part of a community in Tarpon Springs, Florida, where retirees fleeing from the iron winters up north can kick up their feet and enjoy the Florida sun. Richard and Laura Ivancic, 71 and 59, respectively, fit in. Originally from Cleveland, the couple had lived for some time in a small house with mint-green siding, along with their 25-year-old son, Nicholas, and three small dogs - Buddy, Boomer and Bailey.

But last December, little things reportedly started grabbing the attention of the neighbors. The Ivancics' air-conditioning was always running. A strange smell crept out from the property. And a short, young man was spotted digging in a trench in the front yard. "[L]ike somebody's digging a grave," a neighbor would later tell Fox 13.

On New Year's Day, police pulled up to the mint-green house to perform a wellness check. Inside, they found Richard, Laura and Nicholas. All had been beaten to death. The dogs had also been killed.

As investigators began trying to make sense of a bloody scene in Tarpon Springs, police learned that the Ivancics' other daughter, Jamie Ivancic, was also missing, as were her two children. Two days after the discovery of the bodies in Florida, Jamie's husband, Shelby Svensen, was caught outside Cleveland driving Richard Ivancic's SUV along with the kids, ages 2 and 3.

According to a news conference on Tuesday held by officials from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office in Florida, not only did Svensen, 25, tell investigators in Ohio he was behind the Juanita Way murders, he also pointed police to another body. Authorities revealed this week that Jamie's remains were discovered buried in the yard of a house she had shared with Svensen in Port Richey, Florida.

Shockingly, Pasco Sheriff's Col. Jeff Harrington told reporters on Tuesday that Svensen also has confessed to killing Jamie - but not in the recent burst of violence. The 21-year-old was killed more than a year ago. No one had reported her missing because Svensen deceived her family with fake text messages and other evasions, leading them to think she was still safe.

"At this point, it would appear he was able to just trick them into thinking she was unavailable or she was somewhere else," Harrington said Tuesday. "This is a situation where you have somebody who engaged in horrific criminal activity."

Svensen is being held in Ohio on three counts of first-degree murder. He is awaiting extradition back to Florida.

More: https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Wellness-check-at-Florida-home-reveals-bodies-13519850.php

Kimster, noZme, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Update: Man kills wife, poses as her through texts to family for a YEAR, then kills her parents, brother, & three dogs [Police]

Authorities in Florida announced Tuesday that the body of a missing woman, whose parents, brother, and three dogs were allegedly killed by her husband, was discovered at a home the couple resided at. Police allege the woman was also killed by the suspect about a year ago—and that he was posing as the victim to family members through electronic communication in order to conceal her death.

As previously reported by CrimeOnline, 21-year-old Jamie Nicole Ivancic was still missing at the time the bodies of her family members were discovered. Police said the woman’s husband, 25-year-old Shelby John Nealy, confessed to the slayings of her parents, Richard Louis Ivancic, 71, and Laura Ann Ivancic, 59, her brother, Nicholas James Ivancic, 25, and three family dogs at a Tarpon Springs.

The victims are believed to have been killed on December 19 or 20, according to officials.

Police arrested Nealy in Ohio after they reportedly caught him driving Laura Ivancic’s stolen vehicle. Officials said the couple’s two children, ages 2 and 3, were also with the suspect. They’re now now in custody of the Department of Children and families.

According to authorities, Nealy confessed to the murders after being apprehended, and subsequently disclosed while in custody that he also killed his wife “a year ago,” the Tampa Bay Times reported.

The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office announced at a Tuesday news conference that a body discovered Sunday “buried in the yard of the couple’s Port Richey home,” was identified as Jamie. She died of “violent blunt force trauma,” authorities said.

Jamie’s sister, Karma Stewart, reportedly told the newspaper that the last time anyone spoke with the victim was likely on January 25, 2018, when the two corresponded via a “Facetime call.” At the time, Stewart said Jamie told family members that she planned on leaving Nealy with their two children, ages 2 and 3.

While Stewart said relatives received “sporadic texts” after the physical communication, she believes those communications were executed by Nealy in order to cover up her sister’s death. Some of the texts purportedly included pictures of the couple’s children.

“I feel betrayed and that I was played,” Stewart said. “I didn’t expect the worst when I probably should have.”

Officials concurred that the texts are believed to have come from Nealy, as he posed as his deceased wife.

“It would appear that he was able to just trick them into thinking that she was unavailable, she was somewhere else and she was unavailable for a phone call,” Pasco County Sheriff’s Col. Jeff Harrington stated at the news conference. The suspected killer is facing three counts of first-degree murder. He remains behind bars at an Ohio jail. He is expected to be extradited back to Florida, where he will also face charges in Jamie’s death, according to officials.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/01...-kills-her-parents-brother-three-dogs-police/

fran, noZme, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  3. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

:thud:This has to be one of the weirdest (and most evil) crimes I've heard of... and Nealy makes me sick:barf:! Thanks for the posts, SWMNBN!!!

4. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

Just when you think you heard it all...:screaming:
    And I find it quite scary that people are so easily deceived by text messages nowadays.o_O

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm in shock! So did he kill the family because they were too suspicious about his missing wife? I guess that's what was going on. Talk about "bloodthirsty!"

Mel70, GarAndMo49, noZme and 3 others like this.
  6. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

7. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

NOT SEEING OR ACTUALLY SPEAKING TO SOMEONE, FOR A YEAR! NO WAY! I miss talking to My Mom, EVERY DAY.

8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

WHAT REALLY GETS ME IS "THE 3 DOGS". BECAUSE THERE REALLY IS NO MOTIVE YOU COULD HAVE FOR A "HUMAN", FOR KILLING AN "AMIMAL". KILLING "ANIMALS" TO ME, IS EXTRA EVIL!!!

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Triple Homicide Case May Yield Multiple Trials

Which of the murders will go to trial first?

That is the question posed at Monday’s pre-trial hearing for accused killer Shelby Nealy.

Clad in an orange jumpsuit in court, Nealy stood next to his public defender as she told the judge she didn’t know which case to focus on first.

Nealy faces three murder charges in Pinellas County and a fourth in Pasco County.

Investigators said Nealy admitted to killing his in-laws, Richard and Laura Ivancic, and his brother-in-law, Nicholas Ivancic, a few days before Christmas. Their bodies were found at their Tarpon Springs home on January 1, 2019.

They said Nealy was trying to cover-up the murder of his wife, Jamie Ivancic, whose body was later found in Pasco County at a home that Nealy and his wife used to rent.

Because the murders span two jurisdictions, they will be tried separately.

Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge Joseph Bulone indicated Monday that a discussion must be had with State Attorney Bernie McCabe to decide.

The next pre-trial hearing is set for Aug. 12.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2019/07/29/triple-homicide-case-may-yield-multiple-trials

Kimster likes this.