1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Man randomly shooting people in Kalamazoo, MI - 2016 *GUILTY PLEA*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Yoda, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Yoda

Yoda Master

TEXAS TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Police in Kalamazoo County are searching for a suspect who is randomly shooting people, at least six have been killed

Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas told 24 Hour News 8 that multiple were fatally shot at the Cracker Barrel in Texas Township and Seelye Kia dealership, located at 3820 Stadium Drive in Kalamazoo.

[​IMG]
    Police at the Seelye Ford dealership in Kalamazoo where multiple people were shot on Saturday. (Feb. 20, 2016)
    Matyas says the suspect is driving around randomly shooting people. Police believe the suspect is white man who is driving a blue Chevy HHR.

http://woodtv.com/2016/02/20/multiple-fatally-shot-at-2-locations-in-kalamazoo-co/

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:mad: A crazy sniper?

Ladyslug, spike and Yoda like this.
  3. Yoda

Yoda Master

Believe they have shooter in custody.
    Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas confirms to FOX 17 that six people were been shot and killed at a Cracker Barrel and a car dealership.

Four people were killed at the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Texas Township, while two people were killed at Seelye KIA on Stadium Drive. Three other people were injured. Two of the victims are in critical condition and one is in serious condition.

http://fox17online.com/2016/02/20/police-man-randomly-shooting-in-kalamazoo-co-dead/

4. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

charlie and spike like this.
  5. walkie-talkie

Six Dead, Suspect Arrested After Random Shooting Rampage in Michigan

Six people were shot to death and several others were wounded, including a 14-year-old girl, during a shooting rampage in Kalamazoo, Michigan on Saturday night. The random shootings occurred in several parking lots around the western Michigan city, triggering a seven-hour manhunt that ended with the arrest of 45-year-old suspect.

The suspect, identified by Michigan authorities as Jason Brian Dalton, has no known criminal record. The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety said he was "even-tempered" when he was arrested at around 12:40am on Sunday in the parking lot of a bar in downtown Kalamazoo, a city of about 75,000 located 140 miles west of Detroit.

The Department of Public Safety said police found a semi-automatic handgun in Dalton's vehicle, which was spotted by a sheriff's deputy based on surveillance video from the scenes of the shootings. Dalton was described as "cooperative," and authorities said the shootings were "intentional," though no motive has yet been revealed.

-----

Dalton was an Uber driver who may have picked up passengers in between the shootings at the car dealership and the Cracker Barrel. One woman who claims her fiancé rode in Dalton's vehicle on Saturday night posted a message to Facebook that said he was "driving VERY erratically," and did not stop after sideswiping another car. Police said during the manhunt that the suspect's vehicle may have been damaged.

https://news.vice.com/article/random-shooting-rampage-michigan-kalamazoo-suspect-arrested-1

6. walkie-talkie

Lily, GarAndMo49, Ladyslug and 3 others like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

WWMT-TV ‏@wwmtnews 1h1 hour ago
    Cracker Barrel victims: 62-year-old Mary Lou Nye, 60-year-old Mary Jo Nye, 74-year-old Dorothy Brown and 68-year-old Barbara Hawthorne

Lily, Ladyslug, spike and 1 other person like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

What a coward.

9. walkie-talkie

10. walkie-talkie

Suspected Michigan shooter lived with wife, two children

The man suspected of shooting six people to death in Michigan appeared to carry on a normal life with his longtime wife and two school-age children.

Jason Dalton, 45, lived with his wife of at least 15 years, Carole Dalton, and their children, ages 15 and 10, on a quiet rural road in western Michigan, neighbors and associates told USA TODAY.

"It's a total shock. They're a very nice family," said Colleen Benjamin, whose husband works with Carole Dalton at the Kalamazoo branch of Raymond James financial advisers. "I never would have suspected anything."

Jason Dalton had no criminal record, police said, and court records show five traffic violations from 1991 to 2006.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/n...gan-shooter-lived-wife-two-children/80712364/

spike, GarAndMo49, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  11. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

wtheck? 6 dead , others injured smh

spike, GarAndMo49 and Ladyslug like this.
  12. walkie-talkie

Ken Kolker ‏@kenkolker 2h2 hours ago
    In court for Kalamazoo mass-shooting suspect Jason Dalton. Should be charged soon.

Courtroom packed with media as we wait for swearing out of warrant for Jason Dalton.

Jason Dalton: married 20 yrs. In same home 18 yrs., 6 speeding tickets, no property liens, no crime history

Ken Kolker ‏@kenkolker 21m21 minutes ago
    Jason Dalton charged with 16 felonies - 6 felony murder, 2 attempt murder, 8 felony firearms

Ken Kolker ‏@kenkolker 8m8 minutes ago
    Charges were authorized by prosecutor but still must be approved by a judge.

13. walkie-talkie

14. Kimster

15. walkie-talkie

MadgeS, Kimster and spike like this.
  16. Kimster

If they would have let him out on bail, I would have freaked!

17. walkie-talkie

JASON DALTON ARRAIGNMENT

Lily, spike and Kimster like this.
  18. walkie-talkie

[​IMG]
    Mary Jo Nye

Mary Jo Nye is being remembered as a teacher who could help even the most reluctant students become better writers.

Tara Egnatuk, assistant director of the Calhoun Community High School, said she worked for six years with Nye at the alternative school that serves many at-risk students.

Egnatuk told FOX 17 Nye helped write the charter to create the school. Egnatuk spent hours in Nye’s classroom and was mentored by her during the time they worked together.

She said Nye was able to get students to become better writers by taking “baby steps” to get them to open up. She adds that Nye “played a really integral part in a lot of kids’ lives.”

[​IMG]
    Mary Lou Nye (courtesy)

To me, they were the mother and the aunt of a man who I have been friends with since grade school. To many others, they were wives, mothers, daughters, family and friends,” wrote Hunter Kim, the creator of the page.

A neighbor of Dorothy Brown said she would always wave and say hello when she drove off to the mall, where she walked for exercise, and was known to come over often with herbs she had grown in her garden, the Associated Press reports.

Patrick Mallon Jr. told the AP he didn’t know Dorothy Brown all that well but what he did know he liked.

After she moved in two doors down in Battle Creek about 10 years ago, the 74-year-old woman everyone knew as Judy would come over with herbs she had grown in her garden and was thrilled when Mallon’s granddaughters came over to her home to give her tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers that they’d grown.

[​IMG]
    Dorothy Brown (Facebook)

Mallon said whenever he and his wife went on vacation, it was Brown they’d ask to keep an eye on the house and feed their cat.

“She would give us a gift card to a nice restaurant, something like that,” he told AP.

Mallon said Brown had two grown sons, with one living in California and the other in Florida.

Mattawan Public Schools Supt. Robin Buchler and KDPS confirmed Tyler Smith and his father Richard were shot and killed outside a car dealership Saturday.

Teresa Phares, a former teacher at Mattawan High School, said she had Smith as a student in his 8th and 9th grade years.

[​IMG]
    Tyler and Rich Smith (Facebook)

“He was always a good kid, and very helpful and polite,” she told FOX 17. “He was well-liked by his peers.”

Buchler said the Mattawan Crisis team, Van Buren ISD Crisis Team, and the Gryphon Place staff will be on hand to offer grief counseling to students and staff beginning Monday.

Another woman was wounded earlier in the evening at the Meadows Townhomes on G Avenue. The Kalamazoo County Sheriff released a statement saying the woman is recovering, but she and the family do not want to be identified or speak with the media at this time.

Sheriff Richard Fuller told FOX 17 Monday morning the woman saved the lives of other children on the playground where Dalton allegedly started firing.

Relatives of the critically injured 14-year-old girl have also requested privacy for the girl and are not sharing her name. They want everyone to know she is continuing to fight for her life, and the community for their continued support.

[​IMG]
    Barbara Hawthorne (Facebook)

FOX 17 is still working to learn more about all of the victims in the shooting spree.

A candlelight vigil for the victims was held Sunday night at Centerpoint Church in Oshtemo Township.

http://fox17online.com/2016/02/21/victims-kalamazoo-shooting/

Lily, daisy7, MadgeS and 2 others like this.
  19. Kimster

:vigil:

I have run out of words for these shootings.

candle.gif

Lily, daisy7, MadgeS and 1 other person like this.
  20. spike

spike Bronze Member

:vigil:

Lily and MadgeS like this.