1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Man randomly shooting people in Kalamazoo, MI - 2016 *GUILTY PLEA*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Yoda, Feb 21, 2016.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

Evil channeling the weak. IMO.
    Rest in Peace, innocents.

MadgeS, walkie-talkie and Kimster like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

MadgeS and spike like this.
  3. walkie-talkie

spike and MadgeS like this.
  4. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

thank you @walkie-talkie for your updates.

Do these mass killers wake up one day and think today I will murder people? There had to be signs he was sick, imo.

spike and walkie-talkie like this.
  5. walkie-talkie

spike and daisy7 like this.
  6. walkie-talkie

Survivor utters first word since Kalamazoo shooting

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — For the first time since six died and two were injured in a shooting spree almost a month ago, the attacks' youngest survivor has spoken, her family said Friday.
    -----
    "This little girl loves her pig named Hamlet," the family-approved ******** page posted in an update. "Tonight, Abbie spoke her first word. It was 'pig.' This gives us great hope that she will regain her speech."

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/n...first-word-since-kalamazoo-shooting/81668502/

spike likes this.
  7. walkie-talkie

Man charged in Michigan shootings: Uber app took him over

DETROIT (AP) — A man charged with killing six people in a series of shootings in southwestern Michigan interspersed with stints as an Uber driver told investigators he was being controlled by the ride-hailing app through his cellphone, police said Monday.

According to a police report, Jason Dalton told authorities, "it feels like it is coming from the phone itself" and he didn't know how to describe that. He also described something "like an artificial presence," the report said.

Dalton is charged with murder and attempted murder in the Kalamazoo-area shootings Feb. 20 outside an apartment complex, a restaurant and at a car lot. Two people survived. Investigators say Dalton didn't know the victims and described the shootings as "random." They still are trying to determine a motive. A judge earlier this month ordered Dalton to undergo a mental competency exam.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/9f28...arged-michigan-shootings-told-wife-watch-news

spike likes this.
  8. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Or like, maybe a classic case of severe paranoid schizophrenia..?

Believing voices over a device were telling him what to do is very typical.. and adult onset of severe delusions isn't uncommon. It sounds (from the post about the poor guy who got a ride with him, above) like he was becoming very unstable before the shooting. Maybe off his meds? Or was undiagnosed and had a severe break...

Anyway. As horrific as this killing spree is, it doesn't mean this man was "weak" or possessed by evil. A lot of very decent people suffer this debilitating mental disease, and sometimes the disease causes such severe and sudden delusions that no-one could have predicted it coming.

If indeed this man suffered such a thing, I will choose to view this as a terrible tragedy all round. One that will hopefully prompt better mental health care for men and more help for their families.

walkie-talkie and spike like this.
  9. walkie-talkie

spike, daisy7 and Lily like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

fran, Lily and daisy7 like this.
  11. walkie-talkie

Man Charged With Killing 6 in Michigan Ejected From Court

A man charged with killing six people during a night of random shootings in Michigan was dragged out of court Friday after bizarre outbursts during testimony by a woman who survived the rampage.

A judge called a recess and ordered Jason Dalton to jail where he can participate by video. Tiana Carruthers sobbed loudly on the witness stand while stunned relatives of other victims watched him be hauled away by deputies.

Judge Christopher Haenicke must decide whether there's probable cause to send Dalton to trial on charges of murder and attempted murder in southwestern Michigan's Kalamazoo County. It's a low threshold; prosecutors don't have to present all their evidence.

Dalton made strange references Friday to "old people with these old black bags." The judge cut him off after he said, "It's time to get to temple."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/key-hearing-man-charged-killing-michigan-39245785

spike likes this.
  12. walkie-talkie

JASON DALTON DISRUPTS HEARING & GETS DRAGGED OUT

Paradise and spike like this.
  13. walkie-talkie

JASON DALTON | PRELIMINARY HEARING - PART 1

JASON DALTON | PRELIMINARY HEARING - PART 2

JASON DALTON | PRELIMINARY HEARING - PART 3

14. walkie-talkie

15. walkie-talkie

BattleCreek Enquirer Verified account ‏@bcenquirer 22m22 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Jason Dalton to face trial in #KalamazooShooting case.

Lindsey Basye ‏@LindseyMBasye 18m18 minutes ago
    Judge says court finds probable cause with all 16 counts against Jason Dalton. #KalamazooShooting now heads to circuit court.

BattleCreek Enquirer Verified account ‏@bcenquirer 17m17 minutes ago
    Jason Dalton has been bound over for trial on all 16 felony counts in the #KalamazooShooting case.

WOOD TV8 ‏@WOODTV 8m8 minutes ago
    #BREAKING: #Kalamazooshooting suspect Jason Dalton's case heading to trial. - http://wp.me/p4yStY-U8V

16. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

OMG I saw the video of the hearing where he started talking, interrupting a witness who'd barely escaped the incident with her life. I felt just horrible for the her. She just lost it, poor thing. :(

Glad they dragged him outta' court. :mad:

JMHO
    fran

17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I watched this hearing this morning. It was crazy when he started disrupting the court proceedings and attempted to get up.

18. spike

spike Bronze Member

POS.

19. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

He is a loon imo.

spike, walkie-talkie and Paradise like this.
  20. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod