1. FLORIDA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Braxton Williams, 6, and Bri'ya Williams, 5, who were last seen in Jacksonville on Sunday, December 15.
    They disappeared while playing in front of their home, and may have been abducted by an unknown person.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    Click HERE for more information

CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MARIAH WOODS: North Carolina vs. Earl Kimrey for murder of toddler

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by Paradise, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Happy to hear about the Death Penalty

kdg411, Saddened, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  2. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Mariah Woods autopsy released: Body was found with cement in bag
    by Adam Gaub, Merrilee Moore and Jason O. Boyd

Wednesday, July 18th 2018
    JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County — Authorities released the autopsy of 3-year-old Mariah Woods Wednesday, revealing new details in the case.

The autopsy, conducted by Dr. Karen Kelly, revealed the cause of death is chloroform toxicity. The autopsy revealed other disturbing details.

CLICK HERE to see the documents

Woods' body was enclosed in a plaid, zippered couch cushion cover with solid cement inside of it. The body was wrapped in trash bags which were tied around her neck. Other details emerged, such as a lack of physical evidence to suggest the toddler had been sexually assaulted. The examination did reveal Woods had bruises and abrasions on her face.

Earl Kimrey, the live-in boyfriend of Woods' mother, is charged in the three-year-old's killing.

District Attorney Ernie Lee announced in February that he is seeking the death penalty in the case against Kimrey. Leads developed during the investigation brought detectives to the Holly Shelter Creek bridge in Pender County on Dec. 2, 2017, where a dive team recovered Mariah's body a week after Kimrey and Mariah's mother reported her missing.

Woods' mother has not been charged in the case.

Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller told NewsChannel 12's Merrilee Moore the investigation is ongoing and his office wouldn't make an arrest without probable cause and evidence has been proven in court.

"The investigation is certainly not over," Miller said. "We have to do this one step at a time. If we jump ahead without having proper evidence it would damage the case."

He also said it's still possible someone else could be charged down the road if any new evidence points in that direction.

http://wcti12.com/news/local/mariah-woods-autopsy-released

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Mariah Woods homicide trial set for next fall

A projected trial date has been set for the man charged in the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

Adolphus Earl Kimrey II, 32, is scheduled for trial in September 2019, District Attorney Ernie Lee told The Daily News Thursday. An autopsy report from the N.C. State Medical Examiner’s office released Wednesday revealed Mariah’s cause of death as chloroform toxicity.

He is scheduled to begin trial next September, but it may take several weeks before a verdict is reached since the prosecution will be seeking the death penalty. Lee said capital trials can last up to four weeks, sometimes longer.

And Kimrey is not the only upcoming murder trial in Onslow County - Lee said 21 other murder cases are currently pending. Overall, the district attorney’s office is dealing with a caseload of more than 3,500 pending cases in Onslow County Superior Court.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20180719/mariah-woods-homicide-trial-set-for-next-fall

spike, Akoya, Uno2Much and 1 other person like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

‘She brought thousands of people together’: One year later, Mariah Woods' memory remains

Carrying a small stuffed animal and holding a 4x6 picture of 3-year-old Mariah Woods in her hands, Jacksonville resident Angela Wiles walks up to a small memorial for the toddler.

“A lot of raw emotions are coming back in as I step foot here," Wiles said. "I’ve been thinking about this for a couple weeks.”

Wiles is not related to Mariah. She never met her or her family, but the little girl whose life was taken too soon captivated Wiles' heart.

“It’s overwhelming to go back in my mind," Wiles said. "I remember exactly where I sat when that Amber Alert came on my phone. I had no idea who Mariah Woods was before that day.

"Here we are a year later, and to think of the nightmare she went through, we have no idea.”

Kimrey was arrested Dec. 2 in connection to Mariah’s death and charged with concealing of death and obstruction of justice as well as second-degree burglary, felony larceny, and possession of stolen property. Kimrey has not been charged with murder.

He is being held in the Onslow County Jail on a $1.01 million bond.

“I try not to focus on him," Wiles said. "He doesn’t deserve any of that and he will have his day in court. I try to block a lot of things out because there is so much anger and frustration, and it seems it’s taking so long for the court proceedings.”

Prosecutors announced in February they plan to seek the death penalty against Kimrey. His trial is set for September 2019.

https://www.wect.com/2018/11/26/she...r-one-year-later-mariah-woods-memory-remains/

Akoya, Steve, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Weird that the article says he was not charged with murder, but links to another article saying he had been charged with 1st degree murder. I’m disappointed in reporting way too often for my liking.

kdg411, Akoya, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mariah Woods homicide trial set for early 2021

Just over two years have passed since the disappearance and death of 3-year old Mariah Woods. The story is far from its conclusion.

A pre-trial motions hearing for Kimrey will take place in early 2020, according to District Attorney Ernie Lee. Kimrey’s trial is scheduled to take place in February 2021, Lee said.

The pre-trial motions hearing will set the parameters of trial, with both the prosecution and defense able to request the court make certain decisions regarding the trial, courtroom defendants, evidence, or testimony, according to justice.gov. Lee believes around 30 motions could be filed.

“I would expect a considerable number of motions filed,” Lee said.

The length of time between the charges filed and a court date is due in part to the workload and schedule of the district attorney’s office, the defense lawyers, and availability of expert witness, among other elements, Lee said. His office handles cases in Duplin, Jones, Onslow and Sampson counties as well as coordinating cases with other counties.

https://www.fayobserver.com/news/20191206/mariah-woods-homicide-trial-set-for-early-2021

kdg411, Paradise and Akoya like this.