1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MARIAH WOODS: North Carolina vs. Earl Kimrey for murder of toddler

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by Paradise, Nov 27, 2017.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

Here we are again with damn meth users.

And the mother says “...that girl.” I don’t know, it just struck me wrong calling your 3 year old “that girl.” But that’s just me.

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Was drug abuse the reason CPS took them away? I can't find anything on it.

3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

She also stated "she WAS my miracle".

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

First girl I thought of.
    Why do so many of these sound so similar. :(

5. Saddened

Saddened Active Member

I really can't imagine this ending well :(

6. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

During the presser, one of the reporters asked about the rumor that a vehicle was seen leaving the residence around midnight on the night that Mariah disappeared. I am waiting for more information to come out about that. Sometimes rumor are just rumors, but often they are nuggets of truth that just slipped out. I am thinking that this is one of those nuggets.

7. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

8. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

9. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Paradise, NOCLUE, STEADFAST and 7 others like this.
  10. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

11. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

12. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

13. spike

spike Bronze Member

My skin is crawling.

Paradise, NOCLUE, Freebird and 4 others like this.
  14. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shes-m...plea-for-missing-toddler-mariah-woods-return/

By CRIMESIDER STAFF CBS NEWS November 28, 2017, 6:46 PM
    "She's my everything": Mom's emotional plea for missing toddler Mariah Woods' return

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. -- The mother of a North Carolina toddler who vanished over the weekend issued an emotional plea for the child's return as federal, state and local authorities continued the search.

[​IMG]

Family members said there was no sign of forced entry or anything wrong with Mariah's room but did say the back door was unlocked. Once they realized Mariah was missing, Woods and her live-in boyfriend called authorities.

Family members said the girl has an orthopedic leg problem, causing her left leg to wobble as she walks. Mariah's grandmother said due to her granddaughter's walking issues, she can't imagine her wandering off.

[​IMG]

The girl's two older brothers were in the house when Mariah disappeared.

On Monday, crews spent all day searching the area and on Tuesday resumed their search with additional police units and assistance from the FBI. The search is being conducted both by ground and by air with drones and helicopters, reports WNCT.

Local and federal authorities were tight-lipped on details of the investigation Tuesday. Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller wouldn't say who was the last person to see the child and when, or whether anyone in the girl's family had taken a polygraph test. Miller also wouldn't say whether investigators are looking to speak with any persons of interest.

Uno2Much, Paradise, NOCLUE and 5 others like this.
  15. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/20171128/update-sheriff-search-will-continue-for-missing-girl

UPDATE: Sheriff: Search will continue for missing girl

Updated at 6:48 p.m.

[​IMG]

Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller said Tuesday afternoon in a 14-minute joint press conference with Senior Resident Federal Bureau of Investigation Agent Stanley Meador that “we are using every resource available from federal, state and local levels.”

The heavy presence of law enforcement was evident Tuesday as members of civilian law enforcement and Marine Corps elements from nearby Camp Lejeune continued to conduct searches on the ground and in the air.

Special agents and more FBI personnel are in Onslow County to help search for the missing toddler. The FBI has deployed its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team to help with the search for Mariah, FBI spokeswoman Shelley Lynch told The Daily News.

[​IMG]

“FBI CARD Team members are highly trained and experienced experts on missing children cases. CARD teams respond across the country when a child is missing,” Lynch said.

Meador presented a new “missing person” poster showing images and a description of Woods during the afternoon press conference.

Base officials say nearly 100 Marines from various units across Camp Lejeune and New River are helping search for Mariah Woods.

Uno2Much, Paradise, NOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Sheriff’s office asks for help IDing subjects in surveillance photos

As a result from information provided by the community, law enforcement obtained an image of an adult and child that was taken on Monday morning at approximately 9:30 a.m. in the WalMart in Morehead City, according to a press release from the office. The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI are attempting to determine whether the child depicted in this image is missing three year old Mariah Woods. Therefore, we are requesting the public’s assistance in identifying the adult and the child depicted in this image.

No information is too small or insignificant when looking for a missing child. If you have any information to identify the adult and child in this image, please call the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office at 910-455-3113.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171129...or-help-iding-subjects-in-surveillance-photos

[​IMG]

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If they have video of her walking...they should be able to tell if its her by her "distinctive walk"...

18. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Morehead City is about 50 miles or so from Jacksonville. I wonder if they are looking seriously at the abduction possibility.

19. STEADFAST

STEADFAST Well-Known Member

The person tagged as Alexis Marie Griswold on Kristy Kay Hunter's facebook page looks a lot like the person in the surveillance photos.

20. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

*RUMOR ALERT*

Only responding based on FB replies, but according to the replies on the mom's FB page, the woman in Wal-mart has been ID'd and it is not Mariah.

ETA: There are more comments on mom's page that are very disturbing regarding meth use, the bf, and "accidental" death of the baby girl.