1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KY MARK ESPINOSA: Missing from Louisville, KY - 5 Dec 2018 - Age 29 *Resolved*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Dec 8, 2018.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Money, Armored Truck Driver Missing From Louisville Mall

[​IMG]

Louisville Metro Police are searching for info after the driver of an armored truck and an undisclosed amount of cash went missing in the parking lot of a local mall.

WAVE 3 News has confirmed the Louisville Metro Police Department began investigating Wednesday afternoon after getting a call around 3 p.m.

According to LMPD, the armored truck was parked in Jefferson Mall’s parking lot. That’s when the missing money was discovered.

The driver, identified as Mark Espinoza, hasn’t been seen since. Espinoza has no criminal background, officials said.

https://lex18.com/news/covering-ken...ed-truck-driver-missing-from-louisville-mall/

Armored truck driver, undisclosed amount of money vanish outside Louisville mall

A Louisville armored truck driver and an undisclosed amount of money disappeared Wednesday from outside Jefferson Mall.

Investigators said Mark Espinosa, 29, was waiting in the Garda armored vehicle at the back of Jefferson Mall, near the old Macy’s, while his co-worker made drops inside.

When his co-worker came back around 3:15 p.m., Espinosa and some amount of money were gone.

Police would not say how much money is missing.

"We’re asking the public if anyone was in that area of the mall yesterday around that time if they saw anything suspicious, if they saw the armored car, or knows maybe where Mr. Espinosa could be to call our tip line at 574-LMPD," LMPD robbery Lt. Steve Kaufling said.

https://www.wlky.com/article/lmpd-addresses-missing-driver-for-armored-car-company/25426254

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...g-on-december-5-2018-from-louisville-ky.4370/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Blue G 3, noZme and Tammy like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Louisville Police searching for missing armored truck driver, cash

Cash from an armored truck and its driver are missing from Louisville.

Police said Mark Espinosa, 29, could be in danger or he could be a suspect.

According to ABC affiliate WHAS, the Garda employee was last seen with the truck during a stop at the Jefferson Mall on Wednesday.

Louisville Police said while a co-worker was doing a cash drop in the mall, Espinosa took money from the truck.

Authorities are not sure if he stole the money or was forced to take it.

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/ne...-missing-armored-truck-driver-cash/1645166179

Police: Armored truck driver, cash missing in Kentucky

Louisville police Lt. Steve Kaufling tells news outlets 29-year-old Mark Espinosa is missing and the possibility that he took the money is being considered.

Kaufling said at a news conference Thursday that security services company GardaWorld contacted police Wednesday afternoon about Espinosa and the cash missing from the truck parked at a mall.

Kaufling says a Garda employee went inside the mall to make deliveries and pickups and returned to discover that Espinosa and the cash were gone. He says a truck usually has two employees.

Kaufling says there was no surveillance video. He says police have searched a vehicle and Espinosa's home.

https://www.wowktv.com/news/kentucky/police-armored-truck-driver-cash-missing-in-kentucky/1645282075

noZme, Tammy and spike like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

How hard is it to rob an armored truck? Nearly impossible, expert says

Armored trucks that carry large amounts of cash are armored for a reason.

Wednesday's mysterious disappearance of a Garda armored-truck driver and an unknown amount of cash from the truck at Jefferson Mall in Louisville has opened up the door to speculation and rumors over what took place.

Did the driver take the cash and get out of town? Or did robbers perhaps take him along with the cash?

Louisville Metro Police continue to investigate all possibilities, but an armed security expert who used to work with Garda told the Courier Journal that armored trucks are very difficult to break into.

"(Armored trucks) are going to defeat a lot of today's ammunition," said James Grimes, who used to train Garda employees and is owner and operator of the Gun School, a company that provides armed security training. "They have bullet-resistant glass and a combination of mechanical and electronic locks on them."

Garda employees are usually armed, Grimes said. He said he is an approved armed security trainer by the city of Louisville and was previously contracted by Garda to train their employees.

Audio of the 911 call on Wednesday regarding the missing cash from the armored truck at Jefferson Mall mentions how the second Garda employee told police the engine on the armored truck "was still running" when he went back outside and that Espinosa's "weapon was laying on his seat and also his jacket is there."

Espinosa was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt and dark blue pants, Kaufling said, adding Espinosa has "no real criminal history."

Kaufling also said Garda had "good things to say" about Espinosa.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ike-one-louisville-case-tough-rob/2251212002/

noZme, Tammy and spike like this.
  4. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I worked for a place one time that worked on Guarda trucks. They were that buckets! We also had to threaten Guarda with judgements just to get them to pay their bills. I could only imagine what their employees were like. Not that this had anything to do with this case (but it might), I did get a chuckle about it defeating today's ammunition. My mind went to all they would have to do is shoot at the rust and the truck would probably disintegrate.

noZme, Tammy, spike and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

I grew up in this area it use to be pretty upscale back in the 80’s ...been gone from there for years but from what I understand it is a pretty crime ridden area now.
    I hope this man is safe...But imo it all sound pretty suspicious. Most armored trucks I’ve seen don’t open their doors unless one of the employees are exiting or entering...sounds crazy that he would open a door to just anyone..leave his gun and jacket (it’s pretty cold in Louisville right now) again I hope he is safe but story kinda sounds like he gave himself a pay raise and extended vacationo_O

Blue G 3, noZme, spike and 1 other person like this.
  6. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Not my imagination! Somebody else noticed, too!

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/7v8amj/this_armored_truck_still_in_service/

Blue G 3, noZme, spike and 2 others like this.
  7. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

Blue G 3, noZme, spike and 1 other person like this.
  8. wenn9366

wenn9366 Active Member

You would think GPS trackers would be a good idea on an armored truck, but if the maintenance on their trucks is that bad, I guess they opted not to spring for them. :(

noZme, Tammy, spike and 1 other person like this.
  9. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

If they pay their employees like they pay their bills, I could sure see how the temptation could overcome a person. If it wasn't a current employee, it easily could have been a previous one.

noZme, spike, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Weird to have no updates on this one. Seems like they think he took the money and ran off.

Blue G 3, noZme, spike and 3 others like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Stolen cash and a missing trucker still have Louisville police stumped

It's an ongoing mystery in Louisville: Cash went missing from an armored truck last month at Jefferson Mall.

And nobody seems to know what happened to the cash or the truck driver.

Is he a suspect or victim? Where did he and the cash go?

Police couldn't provide any updates to the case as of Thursday.

As the new year begins, Kaufling said police are "still actively working the case" and seeking information form the public on Espinosa's potential whereabouts.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-garda-world-armored-truck-driver/2473873002/

Tammy, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  12. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Police believe armored truck driver planned theft, vanished with cash

A federal arrest warrant has been issued and a reward is being offered in the case of a missing armored truck driver.

Investigators said Mark Espinosa, 29, and an undisclosed amount of money vanished from outside Jefferson Mall on Dec. 5, 2018.

[...]

Police said they have ruled out the possibility of a random act of violence and believe Espinosa planned the theft and vanished.

On Dec. 10, 2018, a federal arrest warrant was issued for Espinosa, who is now considered a fugitive.

13. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That makes the most sense.

Tammy, Blue G 3, spike and 3 others like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Father of missing armored truck driver: ‘I thought I knew my son’

The father of an armored truck driver accused of skipping town with a large amount of cash said he hasn’t heard from him since he disappeared last month.

Espinosa’s father did not want to speak on-camera, but did answer exclusively several questions from WAVE 3 News but. He said he hasn’t heard from his son. No phone call, text, or email.

“When he disappeared, I thought he was kidnapped and someone had killed him or something,” Espinosa’s father said.

Louisville police said Wednesday they believe Espinosa had carefully and thoroughly planned the heist. His father said he didn’t notice a packed bag or anything that might have been missing.

“Nothing at all,” he said. “I saw him walk out that morning like he did every day. When he worked in the morning, he just walked out went into his car. I was waiting for him to get home. I hope that if he is alive, that he just turns himself in before someone gets hurt.”

Espinosa’s father said his son never communicated any issues or thoughts about allegedly taking the money.

“I thought I knew my son but, this is a complete surprise to me,” Espinosa’s father said.

Police said Espinosa has ties to the Northeast United States, and has family members on the west coast, as well as Texas and Florida.

“It’s like a nightmare and I can’t wake up,” his father said. “His life is over. Whether he is alive or not. If he’s dead his life is over. He’s alive, he’s going to prison. So, I lost my son no matter what.”

http://www.wave3.com/2019/01/14/father-missing-armored-truck-driver-i-thought-i-knew-my-son/

Tammy and kdg411 like this.
  15. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

“It’s like a nightmare and I can’t wake up,” his father said. “His life is over. Whether he is alive or not. If he’s dead his life is over. He’s alive, he’s going to prison. So, I lost my son no matter what.”

So sad what parents/family members go thru when their loved ones decide to commit a crime.

I guess I’ve always Directed my sympathy towards the victims of crimes and their families and never given as much thought to the families of the criminals who commit the crimes. But this fathers words just hurt me to my core. No matter the crimes severity the end result is there is a family member that’s going to Hurt and in a sense have to live with this just as they are the ones in a prison also.

Sorry y’all I’m just in my feelings tonight

kdg411 and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  16. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

FBI captures armored truck driver who fled from Jefferson Mall with 'hundreds of thousands of dollars'

Mark Espinosa, 29, who worked for GardaWorld, vanished with “hundreds of thousands of dollars,” according to a federal criminal complaint, and obtained a ride from a Lyft driver to flee the scene.

He was captured by the FBI near Hartford, Connecticut, where he has friends and family. Several of Espinosa’s family members have been interviewed by the FBI, with authorities finding the suspect did not had any contact with his family since the robbery.

Tammy and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.