1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NJ MARK HIMEBAUGH: Missing from Del Haven, NJ - 25 Nov 1991 - Age 11

Discussion in 'Missing 1990 to 1999' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...omas-Butcavage-Video-Sex-Abuse-320683412.html

Former Prostitute Says He Saw Person of Interest Sexually Assault Missing NJ Boy
    By Ted Greenberg and David Chang

As officials continue the search for a New Jersey resident who disappeared 24 years ago, a former prostitute is speaking out for the first time about a disturbing video he claims a person of interest in the case showed him.

“People need to know what I seen that night,” said Daniel Coll.

Coll is a former prostitute who claims Thomas Butcavage Jr. was a frequent client of his. Butcavage, a convicted sex offender, is one of several persons of interest in the disappearance of 11-year-old Mark Himebaugh in 1991. Some people who knew Butcavage believe there’s a strong resemblance between him and the sketch of a man spotted talking with Himebaugh shortly before he vanished near his Middle Township, New Jersey home.

[​IMG]

A new development in the South Jersey missing child mystery that dates back almost 25 years. NBC10’s Ted Greenberg has an exclusive interview with the man who says he saw Mark Himebaugh in a disturbing video shown to him by a convicted sex offender who is now a person of interest in the child’s disappearance. (Published Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2015)

Coll told NBC10 he was with Butcavage the night of Feb. 14, 1993 inside his Haverford Township apartment. That’s when he said Butcavage showed him a graphic video that left him traumatized to this day.

“A little boy who was shackled, handcuffed and had a ball gag in his mouth,” Coll said.
    Coll told NBC10 Butcavage sexually assaulted the boy in the video and he’s positive that boy was Himebaugh.

“I remember looking at the little boy’s face and just the look on his eyes,” Coll said. “I mean completely, you ever see fear? Just through the eyes. Man, the little boy was scared to death.”

Police need your help in solving a decades old missing child mystery. NBC10's Ted Greenberg has more on the imprisoned sex offender officials are investigating. (Published Monday, June 8, 2015)

Coll then recalled the disturbing conversation he had with Butcavage as he saw the video.

“I said, ‘that looks like the little boy from South Jersey,’” Coll said. “Tommy told me it was him. He confessed to me and said it was him. I said, ‘What did you do with him?’ He said, ‘Well, I did like I did the rest of them. I dispose them.’ ‘What do you mean the rest of them?’ He said, ‘Well, I got five or six other kids I did.’

Coll says he contacted police the next day and told them about what Butcavage allegedly showed him.

“He kept reassuring me, ‘I need you. I need you to help me get little kids,’” Coll said.

Coll’s tip led to a police search through Butcavage’s apartment, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Butcavage denied any involvement in Himebaugh’s disappearance however and he was never charged in relation to the case. Six years later he pleaded guilty to numerous sex crime charges involving young boys in Chester County. He remains in prison.

During a renewed push in June to solve the Himebaugh case, investigators confirmed Butcavage is one of several persons of interest in the disappearance. Coll, who is terminally ill, told NBC10 he decided to speak publicly about Butcavage for the first time after seeing our recent reports on the case.

“I’ve been in the grand juries,” Coll said. “I testified up in Camden for the feds. They need more people to come forward on this because he’s there. People seen him there. I just need people to know the truth of Tommy Butcavage, you know?”

Police are hoping to talk with people who may have seen Butcavage in Cape May County in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. Detectives also hope to speak with Coll again as the investigation continues.

Anyone with information in the case can call Middle Township Police at 609-465-8700 or the NCMEC hotline at 1-800-THE-LOST.

2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

upload_2016-11-22_13-38-30.jpeg

Scorpio and spike like this.
  3. PLT

PLT Member

I wonder if Thomas Butcavage could have anything to do with Louis Mackerley's disappearance. He lived/used to live in Haverford, which is one hour away from Allentown, where he disappeared from.

Whatsnext, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh wow! When did Louis disappear?

Akoya and spike like this.
  5. PLT

PLT Member

spike and Akoya like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Mark Himebaugh's mother to speak at Missing In New Jersey event

The mother of Mark Himebaugh, an 11 year old who has been missing for 25 years, will be the keynote speakers that the Missing In New Jersey event on May 20.

According to a post on the State Police Facebok page, Maureen Himebaugh will be speaking to New Jersey families who are coping with the disappearance of a loved one.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_04979def-94c1-585c-8b3a-a6b4e41e0a1e.html

spike and Akoya like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search for Middle Township boy who disappeared 26 years ago continues

Saturday marks 26 years since the disappearance of an 11-year-old township boy.

Anyone with information regarding Himebaugh’s disappearance is urged to call the Police Department at 609-465-8700, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-843-5678, Crime Stoppers at 609-463-2800 or the Prosecutor’s Office at 609-465-1135.

Tips can be texted anonymously by sending “tips mtpdtips” to 888777.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_7b482472-a87a-5a02-b3cb-b64553ccb9bc.html

Whatsnext, Akoya and spike like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Reward Stands for Information On Missing Mark Himebaugh

Money talks, goes the well-known saying. For an anonymous Samaritan, however, it is hoped that money will get someone, just one guilt-ridden soul or one coincidental witness, to talk and end a 27-year mystery.

In speaking with McEwing about the reward recently, the attorney expressed to The Herald that his client wishes to make it known that the reward is not only still in effect but has grown with escrow.

To receive the reward, which is part of the Crime Stoppers program handled through the Cape May County Sheriff’s Office, McEwing encourages anyone with information regarding Mark Himebaugh’s disappearance to contact Middle Township Police at 609-465-8700 and/or the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office at 609-465-5323. Anonymous text messages can be sent to Tip411 (847411), or cmcsheriff.net (anonymous web tip on the main menu).

All it takes is for one solid clue and maybe the decades of being plagued by ‘the unknown’ will end for the Himebaugh family, and they and their town will finally be able to reunite with their long-absent son.

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/news/article_be593b82-0829-11e8-a78f-bb065db5a3bf.html

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

27 years later, police still investigating 11-year-old's disappearance

The last time Maureen Himebaugh saw her 11-year-old son Mark, he was heading toward their Del Haven home after watching a brush fire on Bayshore Road.

That was 27 years ago.

Close to anniversary of Mark Himebaugh’s disappearance, police are still investigating what they believe to be a kidnapping. He went missing on Nov. 25, 1991, and every year since, law enforcement have renewed efforts to find him.

Still, Himbaugh’s mother hasn’t lost hope.

“I went through a lot,” Himebaugh said last year at an event in New Brunswick. "Here I am still standing proof to show you that you will survive."

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com...cle_462d8593-d889-566e-802f-c8fd63323bf1.html

10. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Well-Known Member

Mark Joseph Himebaugh
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Mark, circa 1991; Age-progression to age 34 (circa 2014); Sketch of young girl; Sketch of man

• Missing Since11/25/1991
    • Missing FromDel Haven, New Jersey
    • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
    • Date of Birth05/23/1980 (39)
    • Age11 years old
    • Height and Weight4'6, 85 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA blue U.S.N. sweatshirt, a gray jacket with a red, blue and gray plaid lining and four outer pockets with velcro, gray Docker pants and red and white L.A. Gear sneakers.
    • Medical ConditionsMark's left foot was healing from a fracture at the time of his disappearance. He was also taking the antidepressant Prozac for behaviorial problems. Mark is classified as emotionally disturbed and he may have obsessive-compulsive disorder. He frequently had tantrums and angry outbursts as a result of his conditions, but his behavior had been improving prior to his disappearance with the help of medication and talk therapy.
    • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Red hair, blue eyes. Mark patches of freckles across his body and some small brown marks on his abdomen. His nickname is Curious George. He had the habit of biting his fingernails around the time he disappeared. He is right-handed.
    Details of Disappearance
    Mark was last seen at approximately 4:00 p.m. near his family's home on Sunray Road in rural Del Haven, New Jersey on November 25, 1991. His mother allowed him to observe firefighters extinguishing a small brush fire a quarter of a mile from their house.

Mark's mother left the residence to run an errand that would have normally taken five minutes, but she became delayed and as a result, she did not get home until 40 minutes had passed. Mark had disappeared by the time she returned home; his mother assumed he was with neighborhood children at the time.

Mark has not been heard from again. He was reported missing at 5:00 p.m. that evening. The afternoon of his disappearance, traffic was re-routed past his house.

There are unconfirmed witness reports that Mark was seen at a local park entrance with an unidentified child around 3:40 p.m. the day he vanished. The identity of the girl has never been determined.

She was about nine or ten years old in 1991 and had dishwater-blonde hair. She was about four feet tall, weighed approximately 70 to 75 pounds and was wearing a three-quarter length dark blue ski parka with a hunter-orange stripe on the back. Authorities believe the girl could have important information about Mark's disappearance. A sketch of the girl is posted with this case summary.

Mark was possibly sighted with two other males on the day of his disappearance. One is described as between 30 and 35 years old, about 5'8 - 5'9 tall and 150 pounds. He had dark reddish-brown hair in a ponytail, and a generally scruffy, unkempt appearance. A sketch of this man is posted with this case summary. There is no sketch or description for the other man.

Investigators did locate Mark's left shoe, a hand-me-down L.A. Gear sneaker, at Sunray Beach approximately 75 yards from the family's home later in the day of his disappearance. His footprints were also seen above the tide line, but these were the only solid clues ever found.

Mark lived with his mother and older brother at the time he disappeared, and was a sixth-grader at Cape May County Alternative Middle School.

Thomas Butcavage Jr. was named as a person of interest in Mark's disappearance in 1993. He resembles the sketch of the man Mark may have been seen with. In 1993, a male prostitute approached the police and said Butcavage, one of his regular clients, had shown him a video of himself having sex with a young boy who resembled Mark. The boy was handcuffed, gagged and appeared frightened.

The prostitute said he asked Butcavage if the boy was Mark Himebaugh, and Butcavage said he was. He also said he'd deliberately planted Mark's sneaker on the beach to confuse the investigation.

Butcavage has never been charged in Mark's case, but he has been imprisoned multiple times for drug offenses and for sex with underage males. In 2015, authorities asked anyone who knew Butcavage in the late 1980s and early 1990s to contact them.

Investigators believe Mark was abducted by a stranger. His case is unsolved.
    Investigating Agency
    Source Information
    Updated 11 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 24, 2019; four pictures added.

spike and Kimster like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Dulce Maria Alavez joins 9 others from Philly area on FBI list of high-profile missing-person cases

When the FBI put Dulce Maria Alavez on its “Most Wanted” list of missing or kidnapped people this week, the 5-year-old Bridgeton, N.J., girl joined nine others from around the Philadelphia region whose disappearances have baffled investigators for years.

The FBI list includes about 90 people in total.

On Nov. 25, 1991, 11-year-old Mark Himebaugh left his house about 3:30 p.m. to watch a nearby brush fire in the Delaware Bay community of Del Haven in Cape May County. When he did not return home by 6, his mother got worried and called Middle Township police. Searchers found one of the sixth grader’s sneakers a few blocks from his home, but no other trace of him.

He would be 39 if he is still alive.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/missi...ey-cold-case-dulce-maria-alavez-20190927.html

[​IMG]

spike likes this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

South Jersey Mother Whose Son Went Missing 28 Years Ago Has Message Of Support For Mother Of Missing Dulce Maria Alavez

Missing 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez joins another child on the FBI’s list of mysterious missing person cases. Mark Himebaugh disappeared 28 years ago in Cape May County.

Now Mark’s mother has a message for Dulce’s mother.

There are few parents who understand what the desperate heartache of not knowing feels like, but one person who does is Maureen Himebaugh.

“The holidays are the hardest but even looking at his picture or hearing his — that name,” Himebaugh said.

“You wish you could make it better but you can’t,” she said.

“I feel him all around me and I feel like he’s taking care of me,” Himebaugh said.

The pain of a missing child never goes away but the intensity returned as Himebaugh has watched the search for young Dulce unfold and the weeks go by.

“She could be found, there could be someone who still has her so they definitely should not give up. I don’t,” Himebaugh said.

Himebaugh knows that the hardest part for Dulce’s family will be if the chaos ends and questions remain.

“That’s what it did for me, a month went into a year, a year went into years. To know that she could be out there,” Himebaugh said.

Twenty-eight years later, investigators are still working on Mark’s case. Like Dulce, they have considered it to be a possible stranger abduction.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...ort-for-mother-of-missing-dulce-maria-alavez/

spike likes this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kimster likes this.