1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL MARTHA JEAN LAMBERT: Missing from Elkton, FL - 27 November 1985 - Age 12

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by Mysteries1974, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

WHOOO HOO!!!!! GREAT JOB!!:highfive:

2. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thanks for that info "Kimster" :thankyou:

3. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I don't have the time right now, But I am going to delve into this info. THANK YOU!!

4. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

5. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Active Member

I made a Facebook page for her:

https://m.facebook.com/pages/catego...-Lambert-Missing-since-1985-1297078137100778/

6. Mysteries1974

Thank you:);):skip:

Mel70 likes this.
  7. Mysteries1974

With One Confession, A 25-Year-Old Missing Person's Case Might Be Solved
    By: Mackenzie Wright | May 2, 2017
    FBTWPN
    [​IMG]
    A little girl went missing twenty-five years ago and no one has seen a sign from her since. The case went cold long ago and police were stumped. Now, someone stepped forward to make a startling comment about the girl's fate. The girl's mother insists it's a lie, though.

Martha Jean Lambert was 12 years old in 1985 when she vanished without a trace. Authorities believed the Florida girl had been kidnapped. Now, 25 years later, her brother is speaking up. He says he knows what happened to his sister, but he's always been afraid to tell anyone.

David Lambert was 15 years old at the time of his sister's disappearance. With a heavy conscience, he called the police and confessed to accidentally killing his younger sibling.

Lambert said that he and Martha went out that Thanksgiving Day because their father was yelling about the turkey being burned. They walked to an abandoned college campus near their home. The building had been closed and boarded up for years and the kids started exploring.

Lambert had given his sister $20 to go to the store earlier. She spent $4 and gave him back the change. While they were exploring the closed campus grounds the girl asked for another $20. Her brother refused to give her any more money.

Martha, a feisty young girl, punched her brother in the face. In his anger he shoved her back. She fell backward onto a metal spike and was impaled at the base of her skull.

"D. Lambert stated when he lifted Martha up there was a large hole in the back of her head and blood was pouring out," wrote the officer who took the confession. "D. Lambert stated he initially called out for help, hoping that someone would be walking by and hear his cries."

When no one came, Lambert said he just buried his sister in a shallow grave. He used a piece of broken old sign to dig it up. He said he was terrified of telling his parents that he killed his sister because he thought his mother would kill him.

Authorities went to dig for the remains where Lambert said he buried the body, but nothing was found. K-9s were also unable to detect any remains. There was no sign of Martha anywhere.

Authorities say the place had been leveled years ago, and the ground debris was cleared away. It's possible her remains were mixed in with the rubble and went unnoticed. But without a body, they're unable to charge David Lambert for his sister's death.

Martha's mother believes her son is lying. She believes Martha is still out there alive somewhere.

http://www.allthatsnews.com/article...year-old-missing-persons-case-might-be-solved

*There are so many inconsistencies with the case. How can two kids have more then $20 when they didn’t even have clean clothing to wear half the time? I mean Martha was still wearing her two piece bathing suit when she vanished. It doesnt add up. If their father had anger issues the why would he give them that kind of money when he could spend it on more alcohol considering that he was an alcoholic at the time and their mother doesn’t seem like the type to just give her two kids $20 and let them spend it on anything. According to the article no sign of human remains were found and their still would have been signs of them if a body was buried there.

Mel70 likes this.
  8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Hi there "Mysteries74"! Sorry been sick. Sore throat. Coughing up a Lung. Sleeping. Have to take my Cat in tomorrow to the Vet. She has to have all day Blood testing as she is "Diabetic". I swear. Maaaannnn...:thud:

Mysteries1974 likes this.
  9. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You so much for posting this! The whole Story. Unbelievable... And inconsistent as You said. Asked him for ANOTHER 20$. Why?. Dosen't make sense. Exploring and he pushed her, She fell and a piece of metal penetrated her Skull. It was an accident. Sounds like a Movie. And him digging the Grave with a piece of a sign. It would have taken him so incredibly long. NO WAY! Their Mother thinks he is lying. It dosen't make any sense. And I don't really know what his motive is in lying. By him saying "To bring closure to the Case" dosen't make sense to me. Then he knew she was out there, And why wouldn't he want Her found?. His supposed lying just made everything worse!

10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

This is frustrating. I believe the "Kidnapping". But the Brother saying he KNOWS who did it. Who can believe him?!. And this was from "2017" what was this big lead?. AHHHH! What do You think we should do next "Mysteries74"?. I will do what you think. This is a Spiderweb.

11. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME ! :):D:waving:

12. Mysteries1974

Well I think we should still follow the green van theory and we should look at possible UIDs

Mel70 likes this.
  13. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

You got it !

14. Mysteries1974

Thank you!!!!:);)

Mel70 likes this.
  15. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

YRSVWF! :):D

16. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Can you tell me how to post a URL Pleaseseeeee. :D

17. Mysteries1974

You just copy and paste the link

18. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Otay. Let me try. Ahem. I am new to this. Where is the URL LISTED?. SORRY

19. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Where is the URL listed ?. I am operating on less than 5 hrs of sleep. :confused: :offtobed:Thanks for helping me. :thankyou:I just never had to do that before and have asked before. But received no response. I need to know to do that to post articles etc. We are NOT GOING TO "DEAD END" HER!!! Just have to follow the Spiderweb. I think I am about to pass ou...:thud::sleeping:.

20. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Green Van.... Green Van...AHHHH!!! I just can't find anything on that DANG GREEN VAN ! DAHHH!!!:mad::screaming: