1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Mass Casuality Shooting at Orlando, Florida Nightclub ~ Gunman Dead

Discussion in 'Terrorist Attacks' started by fran, Jun 12, 2016.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

I just saw that, 50 casualties.

OMG

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh my gosh!

Where did THIS monster come from?

I'm shaking!

3. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

There is a need for O blood and plasma donations. Contact your local blood bank.

4. Kimster

Hot line for family members:

407-246-4357

5. Kimster

"Ideological motivated attack of terrorism" per presser.

Ladyslug, AlwaysSearching and fran like this.
  6. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Ladyslug and AlwaysSearching like this.
  7. Kimster

I'm not being politically correct because I don't even know how to do that, but I haven't heard if this is an Islamic ideology or a hate crime toward gays - or both. I'm sure it will be very clear soon enough.

Man, I'm still shaking.

8. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Unfortunately with Radical Islam the two go hand in hand.

9. Kimster

I just heard someone on the news saying he was a radical Islamic terrorist.

Oh my gosh.

10. fran

I believe we'll have to wait until everything is confirmed before it can be determined if this is radical islam or a hate crime towards gays.

On one hand, he's of Afghan decent, MAY BE Muslim and have radical leanings.

OTOH, his dad did tell a newsman that his son hated to see gay men kissing in public in Miami.

Who knows. But whatever it is, he was one evil person and has effected HUNDREDS of lives.

:(
    fran

11. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

"The worse Mass Shooting in American History"

12. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

Because of his name and heritage, there were immediate questions about Mateen's possible ties to Islamic fundamentalism — but his father said it may have been a recent incident involving two men showing each other affection that set the gunman off.

"We were in Downtown Miami, Bayside, people were playing music. And he saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid and he got very angry," Mir Seddique, told NBC News on Sunday. "They were kissing each other and touching each other and he said, 'Look at that. In front of my son they are doing that.' And then we were in the men's bathroom and men were kissing each other."

"We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident," Seddique said. "We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country."

Seddique added, "This had nothing to do with religion."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...d-orlando-nightclub-shooter-n590496?cid=sm_fb

13. fran

A Fox news contributor being interviewed by phone said he's been to that club not too long ago. He said they pat down patrons as they enter. But at closing time, ie 2 a.m., most people are going out of the club. That's when the gunman entered and opened fire.

fyi
    fran

GarAndMo49, MadgeS, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  14. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

FBI says he has sympathies to Radical Islamic beliefs. Prior investigation opened.

15. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

16. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Police investigating at family home
    upload_2016-6-12_11-48-40.png

17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

His home is only about an hour away from me. :(

18. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Sen Bill Nelson says Intelligence committee staff believes there is some connection to ISIS

19. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

They pat down all patrons. Looks like that made it impossible for any patrons having a gun to stop the terrorist. I wonder if this may be a reason he choose this location.

20. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Bronze Member

I live in Orlando, and this is terrifying..........local news says he entered the building already shooting, so that is how he got in............

On the upside, they have been calling for blood donations, and there are literally thousands of people swarming around our local blood bank to donate.......

#OrlandoStrong

GarAndMo49, MadgeS, Ladyslug and 3 others like this.