1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NH MAURA MURRAY: Missing from Haverhill, NH - 9 Feb 2004 - Age 21

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by CatFancier, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

There are a lot of cases where someone left a car that had broken down or had had an accident and then they disappeared. I think all of them are intriguing and I wish we could solve more so we can figure out what happened to the others. Did they have a mental episode? Did they go into shock? Or what? I tend to believe they're all out there in the elements somewhere. But I want to leave all doors open as well.

Dobrev likes this.
  2. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that her being out in the elements is the most likely scenario... although, I do put a lot of wait into search dogs, so I don't know if I can work out in my head how they missed her. Unless she jus outside of the search area.

I'm not sure how I feel about her being murdered... it seems too coincidental to have met that kind of person just after running away from your life. Maybe she was... but I just don't feel it.

I hope there is closure on this one so much. I would visit the area of the crash site if I was closer. Just never had the chance to visit NH.

3. alethea

alethea New Member

I have been thinking about Maura a lot too so I'm happy to see activity here. It gets very, very cold up in Northern NH and looking back on the historical weather data, on February 9, 2004 the high was 13 degrees the low -2 degrees (F). If she did walk away from her car and was not picked up by someone else, I think she would be pretty close to the crash scene. It is often windy and with the wind chill it gets down to -10, -20. Without really being prepared it would be very painful to be outside for very long.

Skitt, Kimster, Dobrev and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, alethea.

So, do you not think it is possible for her to be further out in the woods, than the search area, if she did walk away and died of the elements?

Kimster likes this.
  5. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

@MrsS The thread you were looking for.

MrsS and Kimster like this.
  6. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I just worked out that I have been following this case for nearly 12 years... wow. I can barely believe that it's been longer than 12 years since Maura has been gone. This case has gone on and on through secrets from everyone involved, and odd behaviors of the misper prior to her disappearance and, imo, a botched LE investigation from the start. While LE may be on the case now, idk, they were not from the start. They left that crash site without barely an investigation and a young girl was out in the cold somewhere, supposedly, if she didn't go into a house or get into a vehicle and even then she should have been searched for thoroughly, to confirm she was safe. They lost so much (time and hope) in those first few hours that it is no wonder we are still here, 14 years later, without Maura.

The on scene officer, Cecil Smith, stated that the windscreen had was smashed from the inside, supposedly Maura had hit her head on it when she crashed, so that is more than enough reason to be concerned about Maura regardless of the fact she was out there on her own. I am not 100% sure that I buy the idea that her head caused the damage to the windscreen. I wonder if it was actually caused by something on the outside, prior to that crash.

Skitt and Kimster like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

:welcome:

Yes she could have gotten hypothermia and that has all kinds of complications.

Dobrev and Skitt like this.
  8. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Yep. Or amnesia after hitting her head in the accident... if she did hit her head. Though, I don't believe she did.

Kimster likes this.
  9. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

If something hapoened near her car, I am surprised nothing has been found by now. Yet, nothing indicates an abduction? Is that right?

kudos for sticking with this case so long, Dobrev.

Kimster and Dobrev like this.
  10. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Nothing indicates an abduction in terms of actual physical evidence. Things that may point to an abduction are a red pick up truck that was supposedly seen the area at the time of her disappearance, the lack of a body in the area and the fact that her family are (now) convinced she wouldn't walk away. I, personally, don't think she was abducted. I think she was up on that road of her own accord for her own reasons. I don't believe that she was taken. I'm open to being wrong.

No one witnessed her being taken is why my thoughts are what they are. If they (the neighbors) heard/saw the crash. Why didn't they hear/see her being taken? I assume that if she just walked away or willing got into the car of someone she knew, that would be a lot of quieter than if she was abducted. I also don't think she would have gotten into a car with someone she didn't know. People do stupid things all the time, but I just don't feel it with this one.

Kimster and Skitt like this.
  11. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

This reminds me of that Teleka Patrick case. She disappeared, they found her car. but a search of a lake in the spring found her body.

Are there bodies of water that were searched nearby? Sorry, but I just haven't had a lot of time to backtrack too much yet. :oops:

Dobrev likes this.
  12. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

There are many bodies of water near this area. The Wild Ammonoosic River being very close to Route 112 where the crash happened. I have files and files on this case, which are all boxed up in storage for now while I move house so I can't look for the info so I can't remember if there was any information on how frozen the lakes/rivers were that February but, even frozen lakes tend to have small areas which open up and give a chance for someone to end up falling in or being put it.

If she ended up in those waters, all evidence has been washed away now.

Also, when Cecil, the responding officer arrived on scene, he didn't find any footprints so, I don't know if it would be possible for her to have walked away and ended up in the water.

Kimster and Skitt like this.
  13. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

I guess we are hoping some part of her washes up somewhere, or is found by the elements, how awful to feel that way.

MrsS, Kimster and Dobrev like this.
  14. MrsS

MrsS Member

I think she most likely succumbed to hypothermia and was somehow missed in the searches.
    Not long ago in the the U.K. Gaia Pope went missing, she had been acting strangely in the days/hours leading up, just as Maura was. Gaia was found in an area already searched multiple times, she had climbed inside a bush and passed from hypothermia. I strongly suspect something similar has happened to poor Maura.

15. Paaskeharen

Paaskeharen The Danish Thinker

i looked through the newspapers, sadly really no update i could find since 06, otherwise plenty of ads for a tv show about her and 1 book review about the case.
    do you guys/girls want the arctitles?

16. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I remember the Gaia case. Yep, it's not impossible.

There have been so many strange things happen around this case and to people that have tried to look into it, one even saying that he wouldn't continue to look into the case while his children were still in his house. I guess, despite my theories on this case, it makes me question if there was someone behind her disappearance.

Skitt likes this.
  17. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Go for it Paaskeharen :)

Did you watch the doc?

Skitt and Paaskeharen like this.
  18. Paaskeharen

nope i havent.
    currently doing Springfield Three and their is alot of arctitles.
    gonna do this quick

Skitt likes this.
  19. Paaskeharen