1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic MAX CASTOR: Missing from Port Campbell, Vic - 1 April 2005 - Age 25

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by Scorpio, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/vic/castor-max

Circumstances:
    Max Castor is a Swedish tourist who disappeared while travelling around Australia.
    He was dropped off at Port Campbell on 1 April 2005 by a bus company and was seen later that day at approximately 3.30pm walking along the highway towards Apollo Bay.
    There was a possible sighting at Wye River on 5 April 2005. No contact with family has been made since the 30 March 2005. Max closed all bank accounts on that date and sent personal items home to Sweden with a note to his parents indicating that he was 'vanishing'. He has not been seen or heard from since. If you have information that may assist police to locate Max please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

staff added media link: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-in-australia-in-2005-have-you-seen-him.1965/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
    spike, Paradise, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Castor.htm

A parent who waits in hope

FOR Rolf Castor, losing a child is like losing the joy of life. "It's like you put a wet blanket over everything," Mr Castor explained. Speaking from his home in Sweden, Mr Castor said he still held hope that his son Max, who was last sighted in Warrnambool five years ago, would one day return home to his family.

"My position today is that he lives a good life in your country." Max disappeared on April 1, 2005 during a back-packing trip around Australia. After lasy being sighted in Warrnambool, there were several unconfirmed sightings of the then 25-year-old along the Great Ocean Road and into the Otways, but his last known contact with his family was on April 21, 2005, when he sent an email to his family.

On the same day his brother in Sweden received a parcel containing Max's personal belongings, money and a letter. He was last seen wearing a blue windcheater, white t-shirt, jeans and carrying a light blue backpack and a multi coloured clutch bag. The case has been highlighted as part of National Missing Persons Week in the hopes that new information may come to light.

His father told The Standard that he spent the first few years actively looking for Max with the support of the Victorian police force, the Swedish embassy and consulates, the Swedish church abroad, the Salvation Army and many individuals. "None of this have given any result and, to keep my mind healthy, I have changed position a little. "So today, Max comes up in my head a few times a week and, especially when I visit places connected to Max, I may get a little moist in the eye wrinkle."

Mr Castor said he acknowledged that Max was an adult who, for some reason, had chosen to break contact with his family and friends. His search now revolves around contacting Swedish tourists planning a long-term stay in Australia and who are about the same age as Max, asking them to keep their eyes open. "Maybe 100 to 150 have been contacted and maybe some have seen Max but they were not quite sure. "Somewhere along the east coast (one) went out for food and was joined by a man, obviously a Swede looking like Max, but not talking about himself ." Mr Castor said his family often spoke about Max: "We have somewhat different opinions about what happened." "A peculiar feeling is Max's niece and nephew, who were born after we lost contact, slowly getting aware that they have an uncle and asking questions like where does he eat, where does he sleep (and) does he have a blanket and pillow?

"(These are) important questions when you are three or four years old." But what does Mr Castor believe of Max's fate? "My opinion is that he is alive, living in some kind alternative non-commercial society practising some craft. "Max is very clever in learning practical skills and crafts he picked up a lot from my grandfather and myself, like painting, gardening woodworking (and) work at the anvil. All (of this) is so obvious to him you just need to show (him) once and then he masters and improves. Mr Castor believes Max has probably changed his name as he has no valid visa in Australia. He also thinks he may be living in a relationship and may have a child as he was very fond of children. He realises that his son may be keeping a low-profile: "He is aware that I have been looking and that if he passes a border, the interpol alarm system may sound." "I check with his friends now and then and most believe he is alive but they are a little concerned that they have not heard anything. "Then, of course, there is the possibility of a desert accident like a poisonous snake or thirst. He is trained in outdoor living, but your nature may be harder than ours or unfamiliar."

He hopes that as Max gets older he will one day contact his family in Sweden - perhaps as his own children start questioning their background.

Mr Castor is now praying that he will still be alive himself to see that day.

spike, MULDER and MissyMoo like this.
  4. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks @Scorpio for creating this thread for Max.
    He looks like a free spirit for sure doesnt he? Great photos of him.
    I dont know what border control his dad means if he believes Max is still in Australia, we freely travel our interstate borders with no questions asked, we have been through them all, driving, never patrolled.
    Apart from once being asked about being fruit fly free one summer many years ago.

spike, Paradise, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

I think Max's father is referring to INTERPOL Max has what is known as a ''Yellow notice'' This is a global alert that goes out to 190 countries, and the missing persons that are given this ''Yellow notice'' are flagged to border officials making travel extremely difficult. Interpol also has a ''red notice'' system which is for tracking wanted criminals and terrorists.

https://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Notices/Yellow-Notices

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2008-30447
    • [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CASTOR, MAX VIDAR
    Present family name: CASTOR
    Forename: MAX VIDAR
    Sex: Male
    Date of birth: 29/04/1985 (31 years old)
    Place of birth: HÄGERSTEN , Sweden
    Nationality: Sweden
    Father's family name & forename: CASTOR ROLF GUNNAR
    Mother's family name & forename: JONSSON BRITA SIGNE MARIA
    Height: 1.88 meter
    Weight: 67.5 Kg
    Colour of hair: Blond
    Colour of eyes: Blue
    Distinguishing marks and characteristics: LEFT ARM A BIRTHMARK, SCAR ON FOREHEAD, RIGHT EYE HAD SURGERY FOR SQUINTING (TNOTOMY)
    Language spoken: Swedish, English
    Date of disappearance: 28/02/2005 When 19 years old
    Place of disappearance: Australia

7. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Thanks for the thread Scorpio.
    This is one of those cases that I suspect not many people know about at all.

I hope that Max actually has just changed his circumstances and taken on a new identity.
    He would blend in very well in Australia - he looks like he would come from Byron Bay are, or Northern Queensland - even Broome as a Pearl Farmer or in the mining sector.

I hope he makes contact with his family one day,
    Or that there is further news regarding his disappearance.
    Sooner the better

8. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Wow, what a smile that young man has

spike, MULDER, MissyMoo and 1 other person like this.
  9. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks Scorpio. Hadnt heard of this before.

spike, Kimster, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Scorpio likes this.