1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MCSTAY MURDERS: The State of California v. Charles Merritt *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by MartinBeck, May 19, 2015.

1. Retteacher

Retteacher Well-Known Member

I still think MM's behavior right after his brother went missing is very curious. Why did he steal the computer from the home?
    I agree and the money being withdrawn so soon by Dan is also concerning. However, IMO,the most troubling thing was the waiting 11 days before they were reported missing. Hopefully,we'll get explanations when this finally goes to trial. I think the biggest hurdle will be how the SDSD said there was no crime in the house and SBSD says there was. Joseph's mom, MIke and others also cleaned the house which they admitted before it was declared a crime scene. Wasn't the house compromised?

nothingnew02 and Cousin Dupree like this.
  2. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Yes, that's all hinky.

Retteacher likes this.
  3. ttl

ttl New Member

Well, if one were to believe RB then I suppose the computer was stolen. Has LE ever confirmed that it was stolen by MM or anyone else?

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  4. Cousin Dupree

Check out the emails from TES.

http://rickgbaker.blogspot.com/2015/04/rick-baker-emails-with-texasequusearch.html

...When I told Tim that I was interviewing Mike later that day, he gave me a few questions to ask Mike to prove that he cannot tell the truth. One of those questions was to ask Mike what LE said when they found out he had the computer. Tim told me the honest answer would be that "LE had threatened to arrest him once they learned he had stolen Joey's computer from the house." But, sure enough, Mike lied. He told me and my listeners that LE told him it was ok because he was "the brother."...

5. Cousin Dupree

6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

nothingnew02, Cousin Dupree and ttl like this.
  7. ttl

ttl New Member

No offense but as far as I know those e mails have never been authenticated by Mr. Miller, have they? TIA

8. Cousin Dupree

That I don't know, but I believe what he says on the entire page explaining his problem with Tim Miller.

nothingnew02 likes this.
  9. Cousin Dupree

10. Cousin Dupree

11. Cousin Dupree

Well this is really interesting: http://rickgbaker.blogspot.com/2015/05/oh-my-god-how-low-will-they-stoop.html#more

OH MY GOD! MCSTAY FAMILY POSTS SKELETAL REMAINS PHOTOS IN HOPES OF GARNERING SYMPATHY/MONEY FROM PUBLIC

In what is quite possibly the most unconscionable behavior yet, the McStay clan is at it again in doing what they do best: Asking for money.
    But this time, they have crossed every line of decency known to mankind.

They are using a cousin of the clan this time, doing their begging on FundRazr.com, and claiming that this picture above is Joey and Summer!....

There's a link to the site, but oddly it's been taken down. Good thing Rick took screenshots before writing his blog post.

12. ttl

ttl New Member

If RB would've spent a mere 30 seconds on research he would have quickly found that the fund raiser was not sanctioned by Patrick, Mikey or Susan. He would have also learned that they knew nothing about it until today.

It's really quite sad how he latches on to what he perceives as "juicy gossip" and exploits the hell out of the family, all because they've rejected him. He's a damaged little man and lacks a modicum of empathy. SMDH

Walden likes this.
  13. Retteacher

Retteacher Well-Known Member

I know, I saw it. It's reprehensible! I have no words. I'm glad this was exposed!

14. ttl

ttl New Member

Yes, he is reprehensible.

15. Cousin Dupree

In the article it states that it was put into a cousins name. Patrick, Mike and Susan wouldn't say they knew about it, even if they did. JMO

16. Walter

Walter Member

I know the basics of this case - definitely not the details.
    I would like to keep it like that if possible - sorry if I'm not reading any of the links etc...
    Since I don't know much about this case, it will be interesting (for me, at least) to view it
    like a juror would have to or close to it - I know I'm going to be getting more info and the ability
    to search my inquiries if I wanted to.

I guess my only question is when does it start?
    And then my other "only" question :giggle: will it be streamed live?
    Them my next "only other" question - just kidding :happydance:

:thankyou:

17. ttl

ttl New Member

Yes, and the cousin said that they knew nothing about it. She acted on her own without their knowledge or consent.

18. Cousin Dupree

That's a good idea for the trial. This one might be broadcast on the internet.

Walter likes this.
  19. Cousin Dupree

Do you think the cousin is really going to answer that honestly?

It seems like there's a lot of smoke around these people and nobody thinks there's a fire. JMO

20. ttl

ttl New Member

I don't see the smoke that you see most likely because I question the validity of all things connected to RB. He's in this for his own personal gain. For him it stopped being about justice a very long time ago. I try my best to not just blindly believe anybody until I do some research and then I'll determine whose truth I'm going to believe. So far this has served me well.

Lily and Cousin Dupree like this.