1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MCSTAY MURDERS: The State of California v. Charles Merritt *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by MartinBeck, May 19, 2015.

1. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

Was the neighbour's tape mentioned in the Tim Miller video's? or just the "white truck"?

WinnieChurchill likes this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

There is no portion of the tape that shows anyone getting into the Trooper. There is no tape. The information was on the neighbor's hard drive. Mike was permitted to copy about 20 seconds of the information onto a CD. Michael gave the media about five different reports on what the CD contained. The actual information from the hard drive is the information that was shown and evaluated in court.

3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nessy Burgers was located about a mile from the McStay's home. It was next to the gas station and the large park and ride.

4. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Steph Watts made a video, but I don't know about a video made by Tim Miller.

Tim Miller drove to San Ysidro with Michael. TES chose not to work on the McStay case.

Scorpio, Scarlette and missy1974 like this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Patrick McStay contacted Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch to search for the McStay family. Tim Miller came to Fallbrook and met with Michael. They drove to the San Ysidro together. Tim Miller discussed using drones to cover the entire highway area from Fallbrook to San Ysidro. Tim Miller decided not to take the McStays as a case. TES remained in the area to work on another missing persons case. Mike reported to the media that TES had done a drone search, but this did not happen.

6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Aerial Drones Join Search for the McStay Family
    March 18, 2010

A San Clemente businessman and his family are still missing after six weeks. Joseph McStay, his wife Summer, and two sons Gianni and Joseph vanished on Feb. 4. Authorities have found the family’s SUV near the San Ysidro border but still haven’t found any conclusive evidence on their whereabouts. Phone records were given to Joseph’s brother, Michael, but provide no new clues. “I’ve confirmed that the day they disappeared was February 4 according to the phone records,” he said. “They show that he used about 3,464 minutes and after that date it’s totally blank, no pings, nothing.”

The search continues for the family and aerial drones have joined in. With pinpoint accuracy, the planes can see the tiniest details, including footprints and clothing according to Tim Miller, founder and director of Equusearch. Along with the San Diego Sheriff’s department, Interpol (an international police organization) has joined in the search for the missing family.

“I’m frustrated that other avenues of the media have stopped covering our case,” Michael said. “It may not be a high profile case and there isn’t a ‘crime scene’ like other crimes but this is my family and my two nephews that are missing. They could certainly be in harm’s way and the nation needs to know about it.”

Equusearch will use their aerial drones to scan the San Ysidro border. Funds raised from online efforts have helped pay for the aerial drones.

http://www.sanclementetimes.com/inde...t01returnid=99

The drone search by TES never took place. This article from Michael is not accurate. TES decided not to accept the McStay case. Instead they turned their efforts to search for a different missing local person and they found Chelsea King.

7. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Seems that Mikey sure have out a lot of misinformation. No wonder people suspect him.

8. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Michael brought a lot of negative attention to himself.

9. missy1974

Someone posted in WS's awhile back with some old insessions pages that were archived... it was only a few pages of one thread though. I was able to get an additional page by changing something in the web address .... and was able to find a post by someone that handed out flyers with Susan on March 27/10... Susan at the time told that person that they thought they may have gone to an Italian Pizzeria and they were checking for CC's but Joey typically paid with cash/debit (which is interesting)... some really interesting comments from DeeN, who spent the day with Susan. It's a bit hard to follow because the quotes are missing, but the text is there.

http://web.archive.org/web/20101211...2-p-5.html?s=1132f7428eb9fbb68d3d516ad7b2d9a3

10. missy1974

I meant the Steph Watt's video's... lol The ones that had Tim in them ;-)

11. WinnieChurchill

WinnieChurchill Well-Known Member

My memory of where I saw this is not working at the moment. But, my memory of this name was from a letter appealing to Joseph to contact Mike when it was still believed they went to Mexico. The signature following some brotherly memories was "Mike Dirt", "Joe Dirt's brother". I believe Susan sent a letter of appeal to Joseph around the same time.

Akoya, Freebird and Cousin Dupree like this.
  12. WinnieChurchill

The Tim Miller video was the first time Mike became aware of the neighbor video. Summer's brother was outside talking to a neighbor and told Mike there was a security video that might have important information on it. When Mike went outside the neighbor wasn't home, but the babysitter was and Mike gave her his business card and told her to have the neighbor contact him.

Scarlette, Akoya, Freebird and 2 others like this.
  13. missy1974

oh and... for added info.... "Mike Dirt" posted on that page as well.

Scarlette, Akoya, Freebird and 2 others like this.
  14. missy1974

oh ok, so that may be what I was recalling. If that is the neighbour that also had video, that wasn't the Mitchley video, it would have been an additional one.

15. WinnieChurchill

It's difficult to find the "uncut" version of that Steph Watts video. When the trial started it was easy to find, but after I made the mistake of mentioning it on Jonesville there is only a modified version (which deletes the footage with Mike requesting to see the videotape). It does, however, still exist if you search long enough. They did not mention the name of the property owner, but they were standing in front of the house to the left of the McStay home.

Scarlette likes this.
  16. TX SMR

TX SMR Posting my personal opinions

I've often wondered how much of the talk that was attributed to Michael was actually coming from him versus rumor, gossip, made up by the media or told to him by LE. He's definitely had to endure a good amount of unfair criticism through the years.

17. WinnieChurchill

I filter out rumor, unless it is substantiated by facts. Most of the criticism is based upon the actual words coming out of his mouth during interviews. Many of us have copies of those taped and/or published comments.

Scarlette and Freebird like this.
  18. TX SMR

More of those disappearing videos? :abduction:

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  19. WinnieChurchill

Oh it didn't disappear, it still exists in both the cut and uncut versions. The snark is inappropriate coming from someone who refuses to accept the facts presented in evidence, but continues to worship the, almost totally disproved POS.

Scarlette and Freebird like this.
  20. TX SMR

No snark intended. I think it's weird that videos are being cut and/or disappearing for no apparent reason.

I can assure you I don't worship anyone connected to this case and find it laughable that anyone would make such a ludicrous and baseless accusation.

As for "refusing to accept the facts presented in evidence", the same could be said for most of the posters on this forum. Some view the evidence as an indication of Merritt's innocence and I view it as him being guilty of brutally murdering 4 people. It's simply a matter of one's interpretation.