1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MCSTAY MURDERS: The State of California v. Charles Merritt *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by MartinBeck, May 19, 2015.

1. MartinBeck

MartinBeck New Member

mcstay-family2.jpg

Is anyone else following the San Bernardino Superior Court trial of accused murderer Charles Ray Merritt?

He was accused of killing an entire family of four: Joseph, Summer, Joey Jr and Gianni McStay.

Prelim postponed today. Rescheduled for this Friday May 22.

ETA to add image of the McStay family

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  2. Retteacher

Retteacher Well-Known Member

Yes, I am. I have Been following this case from when it was first reported that they went missing.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    ttl, ~Lyric~ and Cousin Dupree like this.
  3. Retteacher

4. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

GarAndMo49 and ~Lyric~ like this.
  5. Retteacher

I was shocked when Chase was arrested. I never suspected him. I'm anxiously awaiting the evidence. The troubling thing is the SDSD said there was no crime committed in the house,and then SBSD says they were all killed there. I'm waiting to see how the conflicting stories by LE will be explained.

6. Cousin Dupree

I think it's not a conspiracy theory to think that CM is being railroaded. There are some legitimate questions about the things happening now. Check out RB's blog.

~Lyric~ and Retteacher like this.
  7. Retteacher

I don't think we're allowed to discuss someone else's blog here.

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  8. Cousin Dupree

Well RB is having a radio show about this from 8-11Pst tonight: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rickbakershow-mcstays

Tonight's Show Expanded To 3 Hours 8-11 Pacific Standard Time

I have added an extra hour to tonight's show what with all that has happened today. Hard to keep up.
    New Time: 8:00-11:00pm, PST
    Here is the LINK to the show.
    Here is the number to call: (347) 989-0374.
    You can call from your phone if you just want listen to the show, or you can call this same number to get on the show (press 1 when prompted) and ask questions or give your expert opinion.

9. Cousin Dupree

Not sure about that here. This seems to be a fact based blog. JMO

10. Retteacher

We can discuss RB's blog.

~Lyric~ and Cousin Dupree like this.
  11. Cousin Dupree

I asked Kimster and she said it was ok. I think they'll take it on a case by case basis. I believe it's cool here to discuss family members, respectfully, in relation to a case. Michael McStay seems to have some explaining to do about things he did after the disappearance. I'm pretty sure those are the rules now.

12. Retteacher

I didn't listen to the radio show since it was on so late. I need my beauty sleep,LOL. I did read the comments concerning the hearing yesterday. It seems that the Mcstay family knew from the victim's advocate that the hearing would be postponed,but showed up anyway. The whole situation is so confusing. Merritt claiming they told him to go to a doctor's appoinment with no prior knowledge and the DA being sick. I don't know what to think. All I can say is Hmmm

~Lyric~ and Cousin Dupree like this.
  13. Retteacher

I want to know why it took 11 days to notify LE, when Patrick asked,Mike to do it from the getgo? He stated he thought they may have taken a vacation, but money started to be drawn out of Joseph's business account 2 days after they went missing.

GarAndMo49, ~Lyric~ and Cousin Dupree like this.
  14. Cousin Dupree

It appears to me that RB believes that CM is being railroaded. If what he says is true, then that's a bright red flag. JMO

That is another thing that makes my hinky meter raise a little.

~Lyric~ likes this.
  15. Retteacher

It certainly does. Also, Mike admitted taking his brother's computer and gave it back when LE said he had to. Why did he admit to running a credit report on his brother. It just seems odd that that would be one of the first things you would do. IMO

16. Retteacher

17. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Athena, GarAndMo49 and Cousin Dupree like this.
  18. Retteacher

Rick Baker just said that the deputy DA who's prosecuting the case will ask for a 30 day delay, because the lead detective, Dugal's wife is having surgery.

Cousin Dupree and Kimster like this.
  19. ttl

ttl New Member

I don't know how he could possibly know this unless he's flat out guessing, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. I don't personally believe that any of the continuances will have anything to do with Dugals wife having surgery. I think the continuances will be requested by Merritt's new "team of attorneys". They need time to review the evidence and become familiar with the case.

One thing is for sure, now that Merritt has an attorney you can bet that one of the first things the attorney will tell Merritt, if he hasn't already, is to cut off all communication with Baker. He will most likely tell Merritt's family the same thing.

For Merritt not wanting to have his case tried in the court of public opinion he certainly has been very vocal. Well if one were to believe RB that is.

nothingnew02 and Cousin Dupree like this.
  20. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Hi ttl! Thank you for your input! You made some good points! Glad you joined us! :welcome:

Athena, GarAndMo49, ttl and 1 other person like this.