1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MO MELANIE GOODMAN & daughter CHARLOTTE: Missing from Kansas City, MO - 20 Jan 2019 - Age 38 *Closed*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Blue G 3, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Blue G 3

Blue G 3 Well-Known Member

upload_2019-2-3_23-2-49.png Melanie and daughter Charlotte
    Age at Disappearance: 38

DOB: 02/21/80

Race: White

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5’06”

Weight: 150 lbs.

Missing From: Kansas City, MO

Melanie was last seen with her daughter, Charlotte, in Kansas City, MO on

January 20, 2019. She was wearing a red coat and a flowered dress. She may be

carrying a Michael Kohrs backpack and a tan baby bag.

https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/mpphotos/A1001001A19A29B60721B902631.pdf

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...ty-mo-on-sunday-morning-january-20-2019.4419/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2019
    Kimster, kdg411, spike and 2 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

FACEBOOK - Help Find Anna and Charlotte - https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Anna-and-Charlotte-380569842506796/

My wife Anna (legal name Melanie) and our 4-month-old daughter Charlotte (Lottie) went missing from our church, Old St. Patrick’s Oratory in downtown Kansas City, on Sunday morning, January 20, 2019, sometime during morning mass.

If you know anything about their whereabouts, please reach out to the police right away at (816) 234-5136. Their focus is ensuring that Anna and Lottie are safe, are wherever they are by choice, and are in good physical and emotional health. You can also call and provide information anonymously.

Thank you all for your help.

[​IMG]

spike, Blue G 3 and Whatsnext like this.
  3. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

spike, Kimster, Whatsnext and 2 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Very interesting. Comments indicate she may be fleeing a domestic violence situation.
    I hope it's that, and not the other side of that coin.

spike, Kimster, Whatsnext and 2 others like this.
  5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Wow. This is my area and have not heard about this. There is no media coverage that i have seen at all.

spike, Whatsnext and kdg411 like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That happens to me, too! Someone goes missing in western Oregon and I find out about it on this site before hearing it in the news.

Whatsnext and spike like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family concerned for metro mom and baby after weeks with no word

An Excelsior Springs mother and her baby gone have been gone for three weeks, and their family says they just want to know they are alright.

Melanie Goodman, also known as Anna, and her 4-month-old daughter, Charlotte were last seen on January 20. KCPD says at this time there is no evidence of foul play.

Police haven't said exactly when three Sundays ago Goodman was last seen. They believe she may have left on her own. Her mother, Beth Alford, says she's not mad if Anna decided to leave, and just wants to know she's safe.

"When she left she had their 4 month old baby with her, and she left five boys with her husband at the church, so I'm concerned for her safety," Alford said. "I need to know that she's okay, and I`m concerned about the baby, and her other children."

FOX4 spoke with Goodman's husband, but he does not want to make a public statement at this time.

https://fox4kc.com/2019/02/10/family-concerned-for-metro-mom-and-baby-after-weeks-with-no-word/

Whatsnext, spike and kdg411 like this.
  8. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I would like to know more about the family estrangement.I man I get it that sometimes you just have to break from toxic relationships, but was this her own doing or did her husband cause it. I only see her mom, that she hasn't had much of a relationship with for years, asking where she is. I haven't seen a sign of her husband inquiring at all. Hmmmm...

Imamom, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Anna-and-Charlotte-380569842506796/

Today, KCPD confirmed to me that they have received communication from Anna indicating that she and Lottie are safe and are where they want to be. Due to that communication, they have decided to close the missing person's cases. The boys and I continue to feel sad that we have not seen them in over 3 weeks, but are very thankful to confirm that they are safe.

Also, as people have begun to point out as it hit the internet today, back on 1/29, I filed for legal separation from Anna. That was absolutely not due to an intent on my part for us to be separate (note that I didn't file for divorce). It was due to the fact that in our legal system I have absolutely no rights as a parent to Charlotte without filing something. Literally, they could be gone for years and I would have no right to know where our daughter is, visit with her, or have a relationship of any type with her. I do not know what Anna's intent is at this point, but I know that I absolutely want to have a relationship with our daughter so taking this action was necessary.

I continue to hope and pray that Anna will change her mind and that she and Lottie will come back to our family as soon as possible. We would all be grateful for your continued prayers.

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

From my understanding based on other comments, the case has been closed because a custodial parent has the child. This is why the father filed for separation... so he can also file for custody. If he is awarded custody, he would now have a legal right to the child, and then she could be considered missing / family abduction again.

11. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

This is an odd and utterly confusing situation. I have seen her father write on that FB page that Anna is safe away from her husband. But why would she leave her four boys like that? I understand if Charlotte was the only one, but there are four 4 boys to think about? Unless she felt that she and Lottie were the only ones in danger because they are female? I don't know? I hope her family knows where she is.

12. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

From what is written online. It looks like she has done this before. She has older children that she disappeared from and left them to be adopted by her mother. Not ideal.