1. FLORIDA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Braxton Williams, 6, and Bri'ya Williams, 5, who were last seen in Jacksonville on Sunday, December 15.
    They disappeared while playing in front of their home, and may have been abducted by an unknown person.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    Click HERE for more information

CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA MENDOCINO COUNTY JANE DOES: 2 Fs, 10-20 - July 1979 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, May 22, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

On July 8, 1979, wo teenagers were found on Highway 20 between Willits and Fort Bragg in Mendocino County, California. It is believed the children had been deceased 6-8 months prior to the recovery of the remains (Approximately December 1978). They are thought to be between 10-20 years old, but most likely in their early teens.

The two were initially thought to be perhaps brother and sister, but DNA testing later showed that they were not maternally related.

Recently it was discovered that one of the two, who was originally thought to be male, was ACTUALLY FEMALE!

UID #1 - Female - Approximately 5'3"-6'0"
    NamUs - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10447
    NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1103861/1#poster
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

UID #2 - Female - Approximately 5'2"-5'11"
    NamUs - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10450
    NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1103861/2#poster
    [​IMG]

Mendocino County still has one listed as male. http://www.mendocinosheriff.com/missing/coldcases.html

[​IMG]

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

3. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Over the years, I've had a lot of cause to look at patterns of murders around this area, and close to it. I'll have to dig out some old files and search through.. I used to have a lot of data on this area, in this era, and its unsolveds.

I do recall several cases similar to this in areas north of Sacramento. The fact that some of the victims were hogtied really stands out.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. Dama

Dama Lagunas mentales

Hogtie is not an easy thing to master. I'd start looking at ranches in the area.

DaisyChains, GarAndMo49 and Kimster like this.
  5. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

It depends on what was meant by "hogtie"... In most murder cases I've seen where bindings are described as "hogtied", it simply meant the victim's hands and feet were bound behind them, by whatever means (and nothing like an actual hogtie).

6. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I've sent in Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham as a potential match to the Doe's.

Last year, I had asked Carl to do recons, my friend Rainwater suggested Kerry for Arroyo Jane Doe. I thought she looked like one of the Mendocino Doe's; back then I just started following it, hadn't read thru the whole thread. I had a feeling her missing date was wrong; when they added Francine with 12/1978 date; I knew they were a great potential. Carl found her photo too.
    I'll be back from my cell

Francine Charley Project
    Kerry Graham Charley Project
    Here is their album on the FB page Never Forget Me that I run with my friend
    Mendocino County, CA - 2 TEEN Girls - Found July 8, 1979

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm throwing in shameless plug. If you aren't following her Facebook page, please do! I've been following for a little while now and I thoroughly enjoy it. It's very informative and run by caring people. The more we share and get the word out, the more apt the right person will see these victims and be able to call in that tip that will either send them home or give them justice.

patsella, DaisyChains, Dama and 2 others like this.
  8. Kimster

@Advocate - I'm looking forward to hearing the announcement that these girls have been formally identified! A job well done!

DaisyChains, Dama and Advocate like this.
  9. Advocate

Sorry, just couldn't get back here.
    Link didn't copy - Kerry Graham Charley Project

Here is the timeline -
    I found Kerry in August of last year. 10/5 I turned Kerry in to Todd, also told him that the Doe's were females. He sent Carrie there because she was in CA that week. Was so happy to wake up on Thanksgiving day to see her info changed to female and to have had a small hand in it being changed.

11/29 Carl finished the recons which can be seen in their album on NFM

12/4 I gave Todd Francine's info. I don't know why it took 3 months to get her in NamUs. I also don't know why I didn't enter her myself lol.

3/31 Francine's NamUs profile went online with initial inquiry for DNA.

Between the new recons as well as Kerry & Francine going online, everyone was catching onto it. I decided I needed to make sure Todd had turned my potential match in from October. I emailed Carrie 4/14, then again on 4/29 to see if she got my email. She replied
    6/20 Carl emailed Francine's school and got her school photo. He had it added to her Charley Project page. He sent me the email which I forwarded to Carrie because she told me she had to verify the photo was Francine. Unfortunately it hasn't been added yet. NamUs is short staffed, I currently have 5 missing person's that I added the 1st the end of May, none are online yet.

Still Seek Answers ended up calling the Mendocino Sheriff's office to formally turn them in for me.

Here is a flier that Carl made.

[​IMG]

Thank you! So many have gone home this year, especially Cali! Hoping something happens with Jason & Grateful Dead Fan. I PM'd Todd a few weeks ago, not sure what's going on with those 2. Jason C still has not been added as a rule out. Would love to see these girls get their names back this year too! If they do get their names back, it will be my 1st match.

Here are Carl's recons with Francine & Kerry.

[​IMG]

Thank you! We never dreamed the page would take off as much as it has. We started it with Cali, Buckskin Girl, Walker County Jane Doe & Arroyo in mind; from one of Carl's older fliers. SSA mostly has run it this year as I haven't had much online time since Cali was identified. As you probably know, SSA & myself work pretty closely with Carl, who we feature on our page. We are always adding new Does with updated recons.

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Wow. Look at that resemblance. I really think this could be them!

GarAndMo49, DaisyChains, Dama and 2 others like this.
  11. Advocate

i
    We (Carl, SSA & myself) feel so too! I will be shocked if its not! Francine even has a bird necklace on in one of the pics Carl got! Kicking myself for not turning Kerry in when I 1st saw her photo! I have Jane Doe's that I've spent many years on; they all hit brick walls; I started helping Cathy & Carl with Cathy's daughter Aundria "Alexis" Bowman; have been mostly on the missing side since then that I never expected to make a match; especially on a case I didn't know well! So I'm psyched but extremely shocked too.

GarAndMo49, DaisyChains, Dama and 2 others like this.
  12. Kimster

Sending the unidentified home is often a tedious and time-consuming task. I'm thankful you're this far and it's looking like it will be a resolution! It's very encouraging and you guys certainly need encouragement with what you're doing. :grouphug:

patsella, DaisyChains, Dama and 2 others like this.
  13. Advocate

SSA had called Mendocino sheriff's office, NCIC spit the match out once Kerry's date was fixed, Carl said one should be able to be matched via dental. The Does were sent to Andrews for newer DNA testing where they can get DNA from older remains. nola spoke to Arroyo's contact in Clark County NV (Kerry Graham was not a match for AGJD NV) BUT was matched via CODIS to unidentified remains from Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office in Fort Bragg CA. Her understanding is that Kerry's family has been notified.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get credit even though I turned Kerry into Todd July or Aug 2014

14. Kimster

:hug:

You will be credited here by your little family! We know how much of your precious time you've devoted to the unidentified and this is HUGE for you! Let's see what happens when they break it to the media. :blowkiss:

Regardless of how they present it to the public, we're gonna party like it's 2099!

:hero:

What's happening with Francine now?

patsella, DaisyChains, Dama and 3 others like this.
  15. Advocate

Thank you! SSA made a few phone calls to try to confirm what nola said; seems no one can confirm it. I don't know if they're waiting for francine to also be m. atched too or what, but no one is talking. Hoping their loved ones have confirmation before the family holidays.

16. Advocate

<modsnip>
    Kerry's missing date is wrong, it should be 12/24/1978. Earlier this year, the detective in charge of Kerry's case looked in the case file and realized that the Date of Last contact was a year off. When he changed the DLC in NCIC, the system immediately kicked out a hit on dentals. Kerry was submitted by my friend to Arroyo NV Jane Doe's LE Rick Jones. From what I hear, he just got a hit in CODIS for Kerry against the Doe. LE are tying up loose ends, but Kerry and her friend Francine will be going home before the holiday. It is my understanding that their families have been notified.

My heart breaks that they have confirmation that the girls are deceased but I am thankful they will finally be known by their names. I can't tell you how emotional I am to know they will be going home.

I have a very busy day, so probably won't be online much

See the post here on Never Forget Me

<removed per poster's request>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    Mel70, GarAndMo49, noZme and 5 others like this.
  17. Kimster

Oh my gosh, @Advocate! It's wonderful news and yet bittersweet for their families. :vigil: :vigil:

And now, how will justice be served?

noZme, DaisyChains, Advocate and 3 others like this.
  18. We have them listed as a tentative ID on Never Forget Me because we have not yet received confirmation from LE. We sometimes get the ID information before LE is ready to release it to the press. For example, Brenda Gerow's brother contacted me and told me she had been confirmed as the Pima AZ Jane Doe 1980 2 months before the press released the story. Advocate and I work hard to maintain a high level of integrity on our page, but we're also very happy to see these kids going home and she did a wonderful job on these matches.

Congratulations Advocate on a job well done!!!!

noZme, DaisyChains, Dama and 4 others like this.
  19. Kimster

I was just reading about the two girls again and in retrospect, why did they think they ran away together on Christmas Eve? Two young girls like that wouldn't likely leave the day before Christmas! The day after maybe, but not the day before!

Sure am glad y'all kept on this case so they'll be home before THIS Christmas! :grouphug:

Mel70, noZme, DaisyChains and 3 others like this.
  20. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

The newest theory is that they were hitchhiking to the beach and accepted a ride from the wrong person(s), not running away. I am wondering if they made it to the beach and were on their way back home........The girls would have been on Christmas break, so spending the day at the beach in CA would have been something to do over the holidays.......

Mel70, noZme, spike and 4 others like this.