1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA MENDOCINO COUNTY JANE DOES: 2 Fs, 10-20 - July 1979 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, May 22, 2015.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

Congratulations Advocate. We're so very proud of you and your hard work.

Mel70, dee4855, DaisyChains and 5 others like this.
  2. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Thank you. You guys have a great forum.

Praying LE has some kind of evidence to find who murdered the girls

Mel70, DaisyChains, spike and 6 others like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

@Advocate, you have inspired me to work harder to find names for some cases I've looked at in the past, especially Swamp Mountain Jane Doe.

Mel70, DaisyChains, spike and 4 others like this.
  4. Advocate

I have a few pet Jane Doe cases that hit a brick wall. I know none of them are listed as missing. It was part of why we started Never Forget Me, to get the word out to get missing listed as well as get cases into the public eye

Mel70, DaisyChains, spike and 2 others like this.
  5. Scoobie

Scoobie Director Staff Member

WOW! I am blown away! This is just awesome. I grew up in this area and knew Highway 20 pretty well, so this has always been a case I kept an eye on. I am so happy to see these girls have been identified. Not only do they have their names back, but now one has their gender back too. And of course their families.

Way to go!

DaisyChains, Advocate, spike and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

“What breaks my heart is no one ever asked,” said Goetz, 53, whose maiden name was O’Halloran and who now lives in Santa Rosa. She said she may have had information that could have helped find the girls.

Other former schoolmates who knew the girls more casually first found out they’d gone missing this month when the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office revealed Feb. 2 their remains had finally been identified, found in the woods near a pullout along Highway 20 west of Willits. They were stunned they had not heard of the case sooner.

“How did we not know about this disappearance of two girls from very small schools and a very small town?” asked Kathy Culley, a Santa Rosa resident and classmate of Graham’s at El Molino.

“No one I have talked to can remember anything about the girls turning up missing,” said Ken Jones, a retired teacher who had taught both girls at Forestville School.

Today, when a juvenile is reported missing under suspicious circumstances, an Amber alert may be issued, photos are distributed to media outlets, advisories are posted on social networks and school staff and students are notified, if not interviewed. Had Twitter and Facebook existed in 1978, news of the Forestville girls’ disappearance no doubt would have spread like wildfire.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/l...s-neighbors-never-told-forestville?artslide=0

I am surprised that they were virtually forgotten! :tears:

7. Scoobie

Scoobie Director Staff Member

That's so sad. LE initially thought the girls were runaways so they didn't even look for them. :( So sad. Not one newspaper report :( Back then everyone read the newspaper -- that's how news was disseminated.

So glad they are home now.

Mel70, noZme, DaisyChains and 3 others like this.
  8. Advocate

Totally agree! I do not get how no one wondered why they never returned from winter break. You would think their teachers would have said something at least to the parents after they missed school for over a week. Totally blows my mind!

spike, DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  9. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

@Advocate you are amazing.

:hug:

Kimster, Advocate and spike like this.
  10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

"Bittaker" shouldn't still be BREATHING!!! ON "DEATH ROW" FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS!!!! WHY?!!! SUCH AN EVIL, SICK MONSTER!!!:mad:

11. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I had read they were considered "Runaways". But took NO possessions. It was stated "They were headed to "A Mall". I don't remember where I had read that. I'm GUESSING "Doe Network". I have found they usually have the most information. It was way before they were "Identified". L.E. did NO INVESTIGATION!!! GOOD JOB! Now any trail to follow is most likely gone.

12. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

The "Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders" were "72-73". Being this was 1979, I don't think this is connected. But NICE CATCH! I know they are listed as "Possible Victims" other "Possibles" go back to "74" I just think there is too much of a Time Gap.