1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL MICHELLE PARKER: Missing from Geneva, FL - 17 Nov 2011 - Age 33

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by CatFancier, Apr 19, 2015.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Feline

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    Akoya, noZme and Kimster like this.
  2. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Michelle Parker Case

Where, oh where is Michelle Parker?

Two years after the pretty Florida mom went missing, Orlando police released a never before publicized video of the 33-year-old’s vehicle in an effort to break the case.

Police released the 30-second video, taken at a red light the day she went missing and near where Parker’s black Humvee was later recovered, to “bring more awareness to the case and to give [the public] a better timeline” related to the disappearance, Det. Mike Moreschi said.

Michelle Parker case: Lawsuit against suspect to proceed

The lawsuit brought by Michelle Parker's family against her ex-fiancé Dale Wayne Smith, the main suspect in her disappearance, will go forward, after a judge Wednesday denied his requests to dismiss the suit, or delay it for a year.

Missing Mom Michelle Parker's family: We'll never stop looking for her

Michelle Parker and her former fiancé Dale Smith had always had a complicated relationship. The parents of small twins, Parker and Smith had split up – but the acrimony continued. They even haggled over an engagement ring on a 2011 episode of The People's Court.

On the day their People's Court episode aired, Michelle Parker dropped off her 3-year-old twins at Smith's home. She planned to run some errands in her Hummer before heading to her to her job as a bartender. She never arrived.

Akoya, GarAndMo49 and fran like this.
  3. Imamazed

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Suspect in Michelle Parker's disappearance to be questioned in civil suit

The prime suspect in the disappearance of an Orange County mother will be questioned at a deposition in a civil lawsuit, investigators said.

Investigators said Michelle Parker has been missing for four years and the main suspect, Dale Smith, will be questioned at the Morgan and Morgan office next week.

Smith will likely take questions by video from his home in Tennessee in the court ordered deposition, but he hasn’t been ordered to answer any questions, according to authorities.

[snip]

“I don't expect you’re going to see much out of this deposition. I fully expect we will see him take the 5th amendment on all questions,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Scheafer said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/suspect-michelle-parkers-disappearance-scheduled-d/nmg6X/

Akoya, MadgeS, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Michelle Parker case: Woman vanished four years ago

In the four years since Michelle Parker vanished, few clues have emerged in the mysterious disappearance of the beloved bartender.

But today, Parker's mother has renewed hope for a different type of breakthrough: the prospect of seeing her twin grandchildren again.

On the anniversary of Parker going missing, Yvonne Stewart is filing the first grandparents' rights petition in Florida, legislation that Stewart fought to create.

"She single-handedly changed the law in Florida," said attorney Matt Morgan, whose office is representing Stewart in a civil lawsuit. "As a direct result of her efforts, Florida now allows grandparents to petition the courts for visitation."

It's been nearly three years since Stewart has seen her grandchildren, who reside with Parker's ex- fiancé Dale Smith, the only person of interest in Parker's case. He has not been charged with a crime, but is the defendant in a wrongful-death suit.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...arker-missing-anniversary-20151116-story.html

Akoya, spike, noZme and 4 others like this.
  6. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Michelle's disappearance still haunts me. Hard to believe she's been gone 4 years. Still praying for you Michelle.

Akoya, spike, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I think Smith is is not so much smart as he is lucky. The fact that her body has not been recovered is all he has between continuing life on the outside & spending the rest of his time in the slammer.

I wonder about people like him. Do they have any remorse? Are they constantly worried today might be the day? Do they have nightmares? Do they feel anything beyond their own selfish thoughts?

Michelle's mother, Mrs Stewart, is to be commended. She is a fighter for her own case & others. I hope someday, she has the satisfaction of seeing Smith rotting in prison. Maybe the civil case will reveal something that will prompt the state to go ahead with prosecution.

Akoya, spike, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

I've seen different responses in cases where they ask perps what they thought while free in a cold case and the responses vary. Some say they were relieved when arrested because they were tired of looking behind their backs and others act like it's no big deal.

I can't figure out these killers, @noZme .

Akoya, noZme, spike and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

Yeah, I still remember going shopping that Black Friday and they were handing out fliers all around the Mall of Millenia area. It's hard to believe it's been 4 years.

Akoya, noZme, spike and 3 others like this.
  10. Imamazed

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/miss...d-in-wrongful-death-suit-judge-says/173151040

Missing woman's ex-fiance to be deposed in wrongful death suit, judge says

Michelle Parker was reported missing in 2011 after dropping off her three children with her ex-fiance, Dale Smith, who investigators say is the only suspect in her disappearance.

Smith was fighting to keep from testifying in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Parker’s mother, but a judge ruled Monday that he will be deposed in the case.

Smith’s attorney, Stephen Calavacca, said his client will invoke the Fifth Amendment if he is deposed.

Parker’s mother, Yvonne Steward, said her daughter’s disappearance has taken a serious toll on her family.

“It’s agony,” she said. “It’s total torture every day.”

11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Thanks for the update, Ima. I hope Michelle's family can find some peace. Does anyone know if her family sees the children?

Dale Smith thinks his testimony would make him look bad? Hey Dude, you & your dad have been looking bad since the day she was reported missing. Mr Magoo could see that timeline didn't work.

12. Imamazed

noZme, I've wondered if Michelle's family got to see their g-children too. I had read that they were not allowed to see them but I can't remember where I read that.

13. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

14. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Bronze Member

So far they have not been permitted to see the children. He moved out of state with the twins a while back.

Akoya, Kimster, Imamazed and 2 others like this.
  15. AlwaysSearching

Akoya, Kimster, Imamazed and 2 others like this.
  16. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

That breaks my heart. He can try & poison their minds, but one day, they can Google their mom's name & learn what happened.

I always think about the Mike Williams case in Tallahassee. We have a thread here.

Akoya, Kimster, spike and 1 other person like this.
  17. AlwaysSearching

Yes, it is very, very sad. I helped her father and step-mother do a couple private searches for her, and it was so heartbreaking seeing her father's pain written all over him. It was devastating.

Akoya, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  18. Imamazed

I thought I had read that somewhere. Thanks AlwaysSearching! It really is heartbreaking.

spike, Akoya, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kimster

Thank you for the update! I've followed this case since Michelle first went missing. It's one of my top "I want to find her" cases! Her parents don't deserve any of this. And they do deserve to see their grandchildren! I pray that they will get to see them very very soon.

spike, Akoya, Imamazed and 2 others like this.
  20. Kimster

You got that right! :angry:

spike, Akoya, Imamazed and 2 others like this.