1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OH MISSING WOMEN: Missing from CHILLICOTHE, OH - 2013 - 2015

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by ~Lyric~, May 27, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Akoya, MULDER and spike like this.
  2. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I'm caught up on the docu-series thus far....but I want to read all these old posts and articles about the girls see if something new comes to mind....like fresh eyes looking this over ....again hi everyone!!!

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 1 other person like this.
  3. Takeitfromme

Well, I have alot of reading ahead of me..... but the real question to me at this moment is we are almost 7 months into 2016 and this seems to have suddenly stopped? Too much heat on these cases? Perp dead or locked up???....hmmmm

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 2 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Yehp! Or, did the perp move to another town that is having issues and MSM hasn't picked it up yet?

Akoya, MULDER, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  5. Takeitfromme

I've wondered that as well since the Long Island Serial Killer just stopped....then Neal Falls was killed, then looked into but it seems nothing regarding Falls has panned out with the Chillicothe girls.... there are so many possibilities here

Akoya, MULDER, MadgeS and 1 other person like this.
  6. Takeitfromme

I personally think though that Timberly Claytor was an isolated thing, not related to the other girls....JM made a good suspect for all these girls but it appears Timberly was the only one he is linked to killing....her murder was much different than the others too

7. Takeitfromme

Also I am rambling at this point lol.... Megan Lancaster could be the key to all of this.... she went missing a year before the first few and though not a "Chillicothe" girl, still close enough that she could have been the first victim in this whole string of killings

8. Kimster

I've only seen the first episode. I think I'll see if the second is on On Demand yet right now. I'm too far behind!

9. Kimster

:gaah:

The second episode isn't available! Am watching the third now.

Akoya, MULDER, Takeitfromme and 2 others like this.
  10. Takeitfromme

they go quick i've noticed.

Akoya, MULDER, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Hey Takeit!!

Akoya and MadgeS like this.
  12. Kimster

@MULDER ,

Episodes 1 & 2 are available at the Investigative Discovery website. On my phone now and can't copy the link.

I watched episodes 3 & 4 via On Demand as I couldn't view anything on YouTube.

13. Kimster

A couple of things I have questions about are a) when was Andrew Morrison incarcerated and 2) there haven't been any more missing/murdered since Jason McCrary was arrested, right?

I was super impressed with the SAR team interviewed that looked for Shasta! Wasn't the dog amazing? I would think Shasta might have been alive, though unconscious, when thrown over the bridge. Only because the dog hit on her there. I was told that the search dogs are different than cadaver dogs, in that a search dog won't usually hit on a dead body.

Akoya, MULDER, MadgeS and 2 others like this.
  14. Kimster

I am hoping a future episode mentions Frances. The fact she was found near water still makes me wonder if the killer went to West Virginia and brought her back to Ohio, for some reason.

15. Kimster

Another thing I want to mention to the citizens of Chillicothe, and all other small communities. This is because of comments the citizens make during the documentary about how their quaint town has changed very rapidly.

Heroin addiction is not just in Chillicothe. It's not just in big cities. It's in your town. It's in my town.
    The sheriff's office is very bold here, letting people know it's an epidemic. It is extremely addictive and people will do anything for a fix.

If you have the opportunity to get together in your community for a town hall meeting or crime prevention gathering, DO IT! Mainstream media isn't saying much about it, and neither have politicians. It's there and it's bad and Chillicothe is just like your town, they just have an added problem in that they have a possible serial killer taking advantage of addicted women.

Akoya, MULDER, MadgeS and 2 others like this.
  16. Kimster

And one last comment in my serial posting frenzy. :teehee:

The sweet female reporter makes me think of our own sweet @Takeitfromme ♡ :hug:

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 1 other person like this.
  17. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Nasty heroin is everywhere.
    MY husband and I attended a funeral last Saturday. Our friends 23 year old son died from a heroin overdose. In April another couple we know, their adult son also died from a heroin overdose. Heroin from what I heard is cheap and easy to find. Both these families are well known and successful in our town.

Akoya, MULDER, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  18. spike

spike Bronze Member

My nephew and his fiance are nurses in R.I.
    The heroine epidemic is beyond the scope thanks to it's being dispatched from a country south of here...deliberately planted to overtake our country.
    My nephew has to have as many as 20 grown men hold down one single addict after administering a shot that neutralizes the effects of this strain of heroin.
    Once they come out of it, they react violently and have to be restrained.
    He said they often show up again and again. Young, old, rich, poor...all ethnicities.

19. Kimster

I would totally agree but that the deaths have stopped since McCrary was arrested.

My other theory is that they were overdoses and it was the dealer's way of hiding them from the cops. However, would Shasta taken heroin after getting clean and being pregnant? They didn't say she relapsed. And on Christmas day?

Or, did LISK move, due to heat in Long Island?

Akoya, MadgeS, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  20. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I've attended such a funeral this year as well - a nephew in his early 20s. It really is everywhere, and I've been told that fentanyl abuse / deaths are on the rise as well.

It's awful seeing a young person in a coffin like that. It's awful seeing so many young non-relatives turn up for a funeral. It's awful seeing someone in recovery talk about their friend who didn't make it.

Small towns are in some ways more vulnerable if they don't have a strong police presence. I know many communities rely on the State Police for everything and they are stretched thin.

While there is likely some overdosing involved with these women, it seems unlikely that so many were accidental. That someone tried to conceal their deaths is beyond doubt. Hopefully the right person is behind bars or otherwise neutralized.

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 2 others like this.